Page 46 of 50 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast
Results 451 to 460 of 494

Thread: Tucker Carlson

  1. #451
    Sage
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    north carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    9,237

    Re: Tucker Carlson

    Quote Originally Posted by Geoist View Post
    Lol, he clearly stated Jeffs was no accessory to the marriages. Either he is a moron and doesn't understand what accessory means, or he is a liar. Which is it?
    Has anyone here asked him to explain himself or is everyone going to go with the worst out of context twisted assumptions without debate?

  2. #452
    Sage
    SonOfDaedalus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    6,377

    Re: Tucker Carlson

    Quote Originally Posted by marke View Post
    Racists can accuse Tucker of being racist but that is just the bias talking and not the facts.
    Do you agree with Tucker?

    1. White men built civilization

    2. Diversity is not a strength

  3. #453
    Heavy Hitter


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    91,091

    Re: Tucker Carlson

    Quote Originally Posted by marke View Post
    Has anyone here asked him to explain himself or is everyone going to go with the worst out of context twisted assumptions without debate?
    The recordings were not "out of context."
    "The greatest political scandal in American history is being met with denial and obstruction from Republicans, whose party once championed the rule of law."

  4. #454
    Sage
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    north carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    9,237

    Re: Tucker Carlson

    Quote Originally Posted by SonOfDaedalus View Post
    Do you agree with Tucker?

    1. White men built civilization

    2. Diversity is not a strength
    No. I have no idea what the context of his remarks was but white men did not build civilization, humans did and with the help of the devil or with the Lord's help.

  5. #455
    Sage
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    north carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    9,237

    Re: Tucker Carlson

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    The recordings were not "out of context."
    Maybe not, but those commenting here on his statements are certainly providing no context, making it impossible to rightly judge what he said.

  6. #456
    Conservatarian

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    SF Bay Area
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,457

    Re: Tucker Carlson

    Quote Originally Posted by Winston View Post
    You're telling me that there is no debate on his show due to want of effort on the left? Sure.. ...

    We aren't in the basement.

    appeal to authority noted.
    I am telling you what I stated: he has offered to debate his media critics, and to date no one has accepted. As you haven't provided a thimble of evidence to the contrary, none have the spine ask to appear, period.

    By the way, 'the basement' was not an allusion to the forum basement, its an allusion to the dark mental bunker where you have fits of "lamo" and uncontrolled "eyerolls" as your primary form of counter-argument.

    Nor am I appealing to authority (although the law is a greater authority on the law than your delusions), I'm appealing to a legal reality, that Tucker is not atrocious or outrageous in his view of Jeffs legal situation in the original case - unless that Utah Supreme Court and County District Attorney are also just as atrocious or outrageous.

    During the 2009 comments from Tucker Carlson, Jeffs had been indicted for child rape. And I don't agree with Tucker's previous legal analysis from 2006 for two primary reasons:

    1. The girls objected to the marriage and told Jeffs they did not consent.
    2. Jeffs was the leader of the cult and exercised supreme authority of the goings ons within the compound.

    Pretty much the same arguments as the prosecution.
    Fine, you don't have to agree. But just because you don't agree with Carlson, the Utah Supreme Court, or the County Prosecutors final determination that they misused the law, your disagreement doesn't support ANY of your crazy accusations regarding Tucker's character.

    And Tucker was correct August 27, 2009 when he said:

    “He’s in prison because he’s weird and unpopular and he has a different lifestyle that other people find creepy. He's like got some weird religious cult where he thinks it's OK to, you know, marry underaged girls, but he didn't do it (rape the bride). Why wouldn't the guy who actually did it, who had sex with an underaged girl, he should be the one who's doing life?”

    AT THAT TIME that was the reason he was serving a prison sentence, not because he got charged in 2008 for an alleged rape and had yet to come to trial.

    Calling Iraqi's primitive monkeys and telling women to be quiet is bigotry and misogyny. Sorry your having a tough time with that.
    I'm not, but I am finding it pointless to destroy your major complaint only to see you keep flinging mud hoping that something else sticks. And so you provided us a another canard:

    In 2008 Carlson and Bubba the Love Sponge were riffing in a tongue and cheek exchange on Canada, deciding which of them like Canada and if it should be invaded - a country that Tucker has joked about before.

    BUBBA THE LOVE SPONGE: ...I love Canada. They're great people up there. Tucker feels that you guys are a bunch of assholes.
    TUCKER CARLSON: I totally disagree (about not liking Canada). If I didn't like Canada, I wouldn’t consider it worth invading. I mean, Iraq is a crappy place filled with a bunch of, you know, semiliterate primitive monkeys -- that’s why it wasn't worth invading.
    THE LOVE SPONGE: Keep burying yourself.
    CARLSON: But Canada's a solid place with good-looking women and good fishing. We should invade.
    THE LOVE SPONGE: You will never get a speaking engagement in Canada, I promise. If whomever's going to hire you, they need to call me first and do a little bit of due diligence because --
    Now really Winston, do you honestly think this was a serious military policy discussion OR obvious mocking of countries as subjects of insult entertainment? And even so, in the riff about invading other countries, how is it that Iraq in 2008 wasn't exactly as most people perceived - a benighted bunch of knuckle dragging primitives who are incapable of doing anything more than killing one another in the name of "Allah" ? (a view later underscored when the hand built "democracy" began falling apart once more under a Shia sectarian Prime Minister and a resurgent ISIS encircling Northern Iraq.)

    Nothing said in the exchange was not said or at least thought by most Americans, be it joking or serious.

    [/quote]No, you have acted an apologist for Tucker because your hyper partisan viewpoint disallows you from seeing wrongdoing on behalf of one of your beloved mouthpieces. Carlson is running scared from debate because he knows he would go down hard and fast.[/QUOTE]

    LOL...actually its the blessing of my sense of humor, disrespect for weasel talk, and my love of plain speaking that "disallows" me from inventing reasons to be offended in order to DE platform of unpopular views.

    And in case you slept through civics, tolerance to hearing other viewpoints is what this country is supposed to be about.
    Last edited by maxparrish; 03-16-19 at 03:30 AM.

  7. #457
    Guru
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Posts
    4,870

    Re: Tucker Carlson

    Quote Originally Posted by maxparrish View Post
    Do you? If not, how about zero?

    Moreover, unless you think those that disagree with him are mute, they are more than capable of accepting his challenge under the pre-condition that it will be aired (or aired live).

    Any other excuses for the left's fear of taking him up on his offer to debate it?
    Do I what?

    And it appears you are denying the truth, that he holds shows from airing where he gets owned. This happened again just two weeks ago.
    The more I get to know people the more I realize why Noah only let animals on the boat.

  8. #458
    Sage
    Fletch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Mentor Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    24,275

    Re: Tucker Carlson

    Quote Originally Posted by SonOfDaedalus View Post
    Do you agree with Tucker?

    1. White men built civilization
    That certainly seems true of Western Civilization. But of civilization itself, no.

    2. Diversity is not a strength
    The socialist countries you guys always hold out as the ideal are not diverse in any way. So diversity must not be a strength by your own standards.

  9. #459
    Guru RaleBulgarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:07 AM
    Gender
    Posts
    2,775

    Re: Tucker Carlson

    Quote Originally Posted by maxparrish View Post
    And in case you slept through civics, tolerance to hearing other viewpoints is what this country is supposed to be about.
    Willingness to listen to others opinions is appropriate. So is arguing against those opinions/beliefs that run contrary to your own.

  10. #460
    Conservatarian

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    SF Bay Area
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,457

    Re: Tucker Carlson

    Quote Originally Posted by noonereal View Post
    Do I what?

    And it appears you are denying the truth, that he holds shows from airing where he gets owned. This happened again just two weeks ago.
    So you say, but so far you have provided no evidence of a single instance, let alone provided evidence that this is a customary practice, nor provided evidence that anyone has had the balls to take him up on his offer under the precondition of guaranteed broadcast.

    Try again.

Page 46 of 50 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •