Page 27 of 33 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 270 of 326

Thread: Oh, my!! Michael Cohen's Testimony is Devastating to Trump, Stone, Trump, Jr. and maybe more

  1. #261
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    41,115

    Re: Oh, my!! Michael Cohen's Testimony is Devastating to Trump, Stone, Trump, Jr. and maybe more

    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaOmega View Post
    Was cohens testimony sworn in yes or no?
    i recall the committee chair reminding cohen that he would promptly send a referral to the DOJ if there was any indication cohen lied during the committee inquiry
    the committee chair then asked cohen if he recalled him saying that previously
    cohen replied that he had, "many times"
    any implication that cohen will get away with perjury before the House committee is laughable
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    I am not a crook. ~ Richard Nixon

    I am an innocent man. ~ Donald J. Trump

  2. #262
    FAILED INTELLIGENTSIA!
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    47,223

    Re: Oh, my!! Michael Cohen's Testimony is Devastating to Trump, Stone, Trump, Jr. and maybe more

    It just keeps getting betterer and betterer...

    stonecourt.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    I'm a moderate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office.
    Quote Originally Posted by SLC View Post
    He (Mueller) hasn't found any (collusion) and he won't find any.

  3. #263
    Advisor
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Lebanon Oregon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    376

    Re: Oh, my!! Michael Cohen's Testimony is Devastating to Trump, Stone, Trump, Jr. and maybe more

    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaOmega View Post
    Either answer my question or go away. I have no patience for fact deniers. In fact I have 0 tolerance in place. Was cohen sworn in? Yes ir no? This in lieu of the pure fact its called sworn testimony.
    I have zero tolerance who cannot reliably quote his own post, or the response or attest to any relevance to a 'fact' that they demand. Either provide some or go away.

    Here was your question "Trump gave testimony about the SOU?!" The modifying adjective 'sworn' you now insert, was not there when at the beginning of the colloquy so lets not pretend it was. Here was my teaching moment with an accurate definition of the term and its relevance to the question posed - " testimony definition - Bing
    NOUN
    a formal written or spoken statement, especially one given in a court of law.
    synonyms:
    evidence sworn statement attestation affidavit statement declaration assertion affirmation avowal protestation allegation submission claim deposition asseveration
    evidence or proof provided by the existence or appearance of something.
    "his blackened finger was testimony to the fact that he had played in pain"
    synonyms:
    testament proof evidence attestation witness confirmation verification corroboration demonstration indication manifestation
    a public recounting of a religious conversion or experience.
    archaic
    a solemn protest or declaration.

    Yes! That is exactly what most speeches provide on any given subject. Another way to put it is that the SOTU is the president's 'testimonial' on the topic. it lacks the customary question/ answer period we associate with court proceedings, but the testimony is recorded. We can divide the testimony in congressional hearings into two parts the opening statement and the follow-up questions and their replies.

    Considering you did not use the adjective phrase 'sworn testimony' and you cannot defend a more narrow definition by its use or provide relevance, its time for you to go away. Donald Trump and Mr. Cohen both provided their oral testimony at Capital hill, after providing a copy of same to media and before either took any relevant oath other than a generic professional oath of office . One took a presidential oath a year prior, the other an oath for the Bar Association much earlier. yes they provided testimony and thus testified. They did not provide a sworn statement prior to releasing those copies
    Last edited by btthegreat; 03-01-19 at 02:15 PM.

  4. #264
    Guru AlphaOmega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:55 PM
    Gender
    Posts
    4,092

    Re: Oh, my!! Michael Cohen's Testimony is Devastating to Trump, Stone, Trump, Jr. and maybe more

    Quote Originally Posted by btthegreat View Post
    I have zero tolerance who cannot reliably quote his own post, or the response or attest to any relevance to a 'fact' that they demand. Either provide some or go away.

    Here was your question "Trump gave testimony about the SOU?!" The modifying adjective 'sworn' you now insert, was not there when at the beginning of the colloquy so lets not pretend it was. Here was my teaching moment with an accurate definition of the term and its relevance to the question posed - " testimony definition - Bing
    NOUN
    a formal written or spoken statement, especially one given in a court of law.
    synonyms:
    evidence sworn statement attestation affidavit statement declaration assertion affirmation avowal protestation allegation submission claim deposition asseveration
    evidence or proof provided by the existence or appearance of something.
    "his blackened finger was testimony to the fact that he had played in pain"
    synonyms:
    testament proof evidence attestation witness confirmation verification corroboration demonstration indication manifestation
    a public recounting of a religious conversion or experience.
    archaic
    a solemn protest or declaration.

    Yes! That is exactly what most speeches provide on any given subject. Another way to put it is that the SOTU is the president's 'testimonial' on the topic. it lacks the customary question/ answer period we associate with court proceedings, but the testimony is recorded. We can divide the testimony in congressional hearings into two parts the opening statement and the follow-up questions and their replies.

    Considering you did not use the adjective phrase 'sworn testimony' and you cannot defend a more narrow definition by its use or provide relevance, its time for you to go away. Donald Trump and Mr. Cohen both provided their oral testimony at Capital hill, after providing a copy of same to media and before either took any relevant oath other than a generic professional oath of office . One took a presidential oath a year prior, the other an oath for the Bar Association much earlier. yes they provided testimony and thus testified. They did not provide a sworn statement prior to releasing those copies
    You brought up trump first. I was talking about cohens testimony which was sworn testimony. Try reading the thread slower.

  5. #265
    Advisor
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Lebanon Oregon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    376

    Re: Oh, my!! Michael Cohen's Testimony is Devastating to Trump, Stone, Trump, Jr. and maybe more

    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaOmega View Post
    You brought up trump first. I was talking about cohens testimony which was sworn testimony. Try reading the thread slower.
    yes I did. I compared how Cohen provided a copy of his testimony on capital hill, to how the POTUS did so, prior to his SOTU address asking what the hell did it matter, you scoffed at the notion that Trump gave testimony during SOTU and I provided a definition proving that he did just that, regardless whether he was sworn in beforehand. Testimony ( formal communication either written or oral) does not require an oath . I still have yet to read any explanation as to why it matters in the least what either Trump or Cohen did with copies of their remarks, prior to presenting them to the joint session or the committee respectively. You seem to think it was a big deal. what happens to copies has zero bearing on whether what is said is what we should believe or any oaths they take subsequently prior to oral delivery. Both have made a mockery of the truth and not done much better by the only oaths that pertain to their professional conduct at all.
    Last edited by btthegreat; 03-01-19 at 06:11 PM.

  6. #266
    Guru AlphaOmega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:55 PM
    Gender
    Posts
    4,092

    Re: Oh, my!! Michael Cohen's Testimony is Devastating to Trump, Stone, Trump, Jr. and maybe more

    Quote Originally Posted by btthegreat View Post
    yes I did. I compared how Cohen provided a copy of his testimony on capital hill, to how the POTUS did so, prior to his SOTU address asking what the hell did it matter, you scoffed at the notion that Trump gave testimony during SOTU and I provided a definition proving that he did just that, regardless whether he was sworn in beforehand. Testimony ( formal communication either written or oral) does not require an oath . I still have yet to read any explanation as to why it matters in the least what either Trump or Cohen did with copies of their remarks, prior to presenting them to the joint session or the committee respectively. You seem to think it was a big deal. what happens to copies has zero bearing on whether what is said is what we should believe or any oaths they take subsequently prior to oral delivery. Both have made a mockery of the truth and not done much better by the only oaths that pertain to their professional conduct at all.
    No, you seem to think it's a big deal. Are you going to keep posting about my 3 second post or are we done? And spare us the Truth crap. Truth was a mockery for Obamas entire two terms. You made no umbrage about his lies.

  7. #267
    Sage
    veritas1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Old Line State
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    5,925

    Re: Oh, my!! Michael Cohen's Testimony is Devastating to Trump, Stone, Trump, Jr. and maybe more

    Quote Originally Posted by ultmd View Post
    You're being intentionally dense, I believe. Did I simply say you supported it? Or did I say "you (and people like you) EITHER supported it, or were completely silent" in response to that entire LIE from your side? You can read. Go back and try a better response, next time, ok? Please don't pretend to be stupid. And don't try to pass off Strawman arguments on me. I will not give you credit for either. If you can't rebut something I say (which is obviously the case here) you'd do better to just hush up about it, next time.


    Sorry, I'm not very concerned about personal insults from low-info right wing types who traffic in ignorance and bigotry on anonymous message boards.



    Nonsense. You (and people like you) are clearly politically amoral, as long as your political agenda is being advanced. Like most Goper's, you value things like honesty, morality and ethics (as you people understand those traits) ONLY as TOOLS by which to judge those who do not share your political views. In this case, you are completely ok with racism, bigotry, incompetence and dishonesty on scales that we never seen before...because the ignorant bigot in the White House supports your agenda (which no doubt has some roots in said traits).



    No you don't. You vote based upon your ideology. Your status as a Trump apologist proves that. You're a right wing ideologue, and the policies you support are clear.



    What an ignorant set of assumptions. First, I'm a Christian. I have no "grievance" against people of my faith. Secondly, Trump's support among Christians is almost entirely from one faction: white Evangelicals, 80% of whom supported (and continue to support) Trump. Every other major Christian demographic group in the electorate (except for self-identified conservative Catholics, who supported him in a very slight majority)....do NOT support Trump.

    That said, it's important to define those "policies" of Trump that explain why white evangelicals support him so strongly. It has been documented, in study after study, that the "policies" (as you put it) behind the unyielding support for Trump by white evangelicals are ALL related to racial resentments, cultural fears and religious intolerance. NOT tax policy. NOT "deregulation". NOT energy policy. NOT "jobs". Not trade. Not security. It's no real mystery why most of Trump's core supporters (like you) love him so much. Some people just don't want to (or can't handle) an honest discussion of those "policy" issues.
    I won't waste time on the personal attacks except to say that, for being a Christian, you do a lot of judging of people in here you know nothing about. Saying "people like you" doesn't let you off the hook when you then go on to denigrate those people. Also, the bolded above is total nonsense. It's what you want to believe and what your "studies", done by other liberals, tell you. Far be it from me to burst your bubble.

  8. #268
    Sage
    veritas1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Old Line State
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    5,925

    Re: Oh, my!! Michael Cohen's Testimony is Devastating to Trump, Stone, Trump, Jr. and maybe more

    Quote Originally Posted by Grand Mal View Post
    Why is criminality the benchmark when you're talking about your President? Is that the high water mark in the USA now?
    You guys are all the same, lowering the bar until it becomes a tripping hazard instead of a minimum standard you hold your President to. The pattern is so predictable it's yawn-inducing. "Was it illegal? Indictable? No? Then it's acceptable." Followed closely by citing Bill Clinton and if that deflection doesn't work, declaring Obama to be the worst President ever and measuring Trump to that.
    Trump paid hush money to someone to keep them from revealing something shameful he's done. Period. Have you ever done that? Has anyone you know ever done that? The President did it twice, twice that we know of. In my world that makes him a sleazy scumbag. Different in the circles you move in, I guess.
    You don't hold people on your side to the standard you demand of Trump, simple as that.

  9. #269
    Question authority
    Grand Mal's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    on an island off the left coast of Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,694
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Oh, my!! Michael Cohen's Testimony is Devastating to Trump, Stone, Trump, Jr. and maybe more

    Quote Originally Posted by veritas1 View Post
    You don't hold people on your side to the standard you demand of Trump, simple as that.
    Oh yes I do. I'm a Canadian liberal, always voted Liberal when I voted and I'm saying Trudeau ought to seriously consider resigning for far less than Trump has done. Far less.
    You don't hold Trump to any standard at all. You're just fine with him being a sleazy scumbag so long as he's a Republican scumbag. You guys would support and defend anything that scumbag does. Anything.
    It's disgusting. Simple as that.
    Question Authority!

  10. #270
    Sage
    veritas1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Old Line State
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    5,925

    Re: Oh, my!! Michael Cohen's Testimony is Devastating to Trump, Stone, Trump, Jr. and maybe more

    Quote Originally Posted by Grand Mal View Post
    Oh yes I do. I'm a Canadian liberal, always voted Liberal when I voted and I'm saying Trudeau ought to seriously consider resigning for far less than Trump has done. Far less.
    You don't hold Trump to any standard at all. You're just fine with him being a sleazy scumbag so long as he's a Republican scumbag. You guys would support and defend anything that scumbag does. Anything.
    It's disgusting. Simple as that.
    No, I find the rabid two year assault on Trump because he dared beat Hillary, to be disgusting and we know damn well that's exactly what it's about. Would any of these investigations into every last aspect of Trump's life be going on had he not beaten her? NO.

Page 27 of 33 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •