Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 126

Thread: el paso

  1. #111
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,545

    Re: el paso

    Quote Originally Posted by Virgil Jones View Post
    Trump is a racist. Reagan is a racist. Bush is a racist. Is there a pattern here in arguments from the left? From the Demokrats? The party of slavery, the KKK, Jim Crow, etc?
    Virgil, we've been over this before: white southerners switched to the Republican Party when Jim Crow was ended. Blacks switched to the Democratic Party around the same time. Nixon's southern strategy worked. LBJ predicted it.

    Hadn't you noticed: it's Trump's justice department that has slow walked civil rights enforcement.

    Keep repeating to yourself: things change. And who said Bush was a racist? Reagan, however, did give signals.

  2. #112
    Sage
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:39 PM
    Gender
    Posts
    5,770

    Re: el paso

    Quote Originally Posted by saladin4 View Post
    your hillary bashing still won't save this asshole trump
    qft

    '''
    The more I get to know people the more I realize why Noah only let animals on the boat.

  3. #113
    Sage
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:39 PM
    Gender
    Posts
    5,770

    Re: el paso

    Quote Originally Posted by CLAX1911 View Post

    Wanting to enforce Immigration laws is not really about fear though.
    I think you mean it should not be. Trump has made it about fear which, as you say, is unfounded.
    The more I get to know people the more I realize why Noah only let animals on the boat.

  4. #114
    Sage
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:39 PM
    Gender
    Posts
    5,770

    Re: el paso

    Quote Originally Posted by Grokmaster View Post
    They went from STRAY BULLETS from Juarez STRKING BUILDINGS and EVEN PEOPLE , to a 20% DROP IN CRIME (according the FEDERAL STATS contrary to Lying Left "fact-liars" ) , and NO MORE BULLETS from the Juarez side of the border ZIPPING INTO EL PASO.


    Try the FACTS.




    .Before 2010, federal data show the border city was mired in violent crime and drug smuggling, thanks in large part to illicit activities spilling over from the Mexican side. Once the fence went up, however, things changed almost overnight. El Paso since then has consistently topped rankings for cities of 500,000 residents or more with low crime rates, based on FBI-collected statistics. The turnaround even caught the attention of former Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano and other Obama administration officials, who touted it as one of the nation’s safest cities while citing the beefed-up border security there.

    Federal data illustrates just how remarkable the turnaround in crime has been since the fence was built. According to FBI tables, property crimes in El Paso have plunged more than 37 percent to 12,357 from their pre-fence peak of 19,702 a year, while violent crimes have dropped more than 6 percent to 2,682 from a peak of 2,861 a year.The overall crime rate in El Paso continued to fall last year, prompting city leaders to trumpet the good news in a press release that noted, “Because El Paso is a border town, its low crime rate may surprise you.”
    This town is proof that Trump’s wall can work
    Wow, the misinformation from the Russians/Trumpets never ends.

    Be proud, comrade.
    The more I get to know people the more I realize why Noah only let animals on the boat.

  5. #115
    Sage
    GDViking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    7,048

    Re: el paso

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    Indeed, when Mexico has so little crime and is such a rich nation compared to the US.
    Well my dad and his wife vacation there at least three times a year...

  6. #116
    Sometimes wrong
    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    47,895

    Re: el paso

    Quote Originally Posted by GDViking View Post
    Well my dad and his wife vacation there at least three times a year...
    I doubt that you go to visit Juarez very often.

    Juarez murders reach nearly 200 a month as Mexico’s next president prepares to face the violence | Mexico | Dallas News
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  7. #117
    Sage
    PIPEWRENCH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    7,115

    Re: el paso

    Quote Originally Posted by noonereal View Post
    If El Paso is the safest city in America and it's right on the Mexican boarder, seems to me, we have no crime problem coming across the boarder.

    Or do these "criminals" avoid ElPaso to be nice for some unknown reason?

    So stupid to be so frightened of folks coming from Mexico.
    We are not frightened since we built the wall there.

    elpaso wall.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    We are the Democrats. Resistance is Futile.

  8. #118
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Last Seen
    02-22-19 @ 09:34 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    448

    Re: el paso

    Quote Originally Posted by Grokmaster View Post
    They went from STRAY BULLETS from Juarez STRKING BUILDINGS and EVEN PEOPLE , to a 20% DROP IN CRIME (according the FEDERAL STATS contrary to Lying Left "fact-liars" ) , and NO MORE BULLETS from the Juarez side of the border ZIPPING INTO EL PASO.


    Try the FACTS.




    .Before 2010, federal data show the border city was mired in violent crime and drug smuggling, thanks in large part to illicit activities spilling over from the Mexican side. Once the fence went up, however, things changed almost overnight. El Paso since then has consistently topped rankings for cities of 500,000 residents or more with low crime rates, based on FBI-collected statistics. The turnaround even caught the attention of former Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano and other Obama administration officials, who touted it as one of the nation’s safest cities while citing the beefed-up border security there.

    Federal data illustrates just how remarkable the turnaround in crime has been since the fence was built. According to FBI tables, property crimes in El Paso have plunged more than 37 percent to 12,357 from their pre-fence peak of 19,702 a year, while violent crimes have dropped more than 6 percent to 2,682 from a peak of 2,861 a year.The overall crime rate in El Paso continued to fall last year, prompting city leaders to trumpet the good news in a press release that noted, “Because El Paso is a border town, its low crime rate may surprise you.”
    This town is proof that Trump’s wall can work
    You get so angry.....its kind of cute. Lmao

  9. #119
    Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    9,331

    Re: el paso

    Quote Originally Posted by Saladin4 View Post
    Gosh you forgot Robert Byrd...from 70 years ago...Isn't that the go to guy you GOP types babble about?
    I don't think you need to go that far back to show racism in the dem party. Yesterday, I watched a TV show where the commentator demanded reparations for all African-Americans. She actually demanded people with dark faces receive special treatment.
    "Elitism is not just for the rich and powerful. Elitism is everywhere. The cry of the 'Nouveau-elite' is: You can't be racist but I can be racist. You can't be sexist but I can be sexist. You can't be fascist but I can act like a fascist and fascism only happens on the right." 01/09/19

  10. #120
    Sage
    GDViking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    7,048

    Re: el paso

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    Nope, I'm a northern boy, I hate the heat very,very unlikely you will ever find me that far south.

    Although Rodger Waters is thinking of performing the Wall on the border, and David Gillmore and the rest of Pink Floyd are open to a reunion. If that happens I will head south...

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •