Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 275

Thread: Bought a MAGA cap

  1. #201
    Sage
    Saladin4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Blue State America
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    9,177

    Re: Bought a MAGA cap

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    would you support me if I were attacked and had to defend myself? are you hoping that anyone who supports Trump be harmed? that's probably why Trump haters are often gun banners, I suspect
    I just warned you...Don't do it
    Power concedes Nothing without a Demand it never has and Never Will

  2. #202
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    207,798

    Re: Bought a MAGA cap

    Quote Originally Posted by Saladin4 View Post
    I just warned you...Don't do it
    so what you are saying is that liberal democrats in Chicago are so irrational and hateful that they cannot tolerate any point of view that they find disagreeable. Sounds like a good reason for anyone who supports Trump to be well armed and well skilled in the use of said arms because you are claiming that many democrats will engage in criminal assault and battery on people for no other reason than their wearing a hat that shows support for the President.

    If I were a judge and I was presented with a case of a person attacking another because the victim was wearing a MAGA hat-believe me, the defendant-if found guilty-would get maxed out and most likely I'd find a hate crime as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    Yeah; a shotgun IS a rifle; it uses a different load.
    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    You know that Reagan signed the Brady Bill - right?
    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    I'm smart on the gun issue and what we need to do about it.

  3. #203
    It's the Despair Quotient
    Checkerboard Strangler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,554
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Bought a MAGA cap

    Quote Originally Posted by yankintx View Post
    That would be pretty much be the reaction in Mass, laughter and shaking of heads. Over the Xmas break I met my Aunt for a drink, she admitted voting for Trump, and hung her head in shame. No laughter from me, just sympathy that an intelligent woman could be conned by Rumps B.S.. Needless to say, she regrets voting for the man child, her words not mine.
    Please understand that I was pointing and laughing at a committed Trump 2020 man.
    When I meet someone who says that they voted for Trump, and they're not grinning from ear to ear, I don't ridicule them in the slightest.
    They might have had a seething hatred for Hillary, they might have bought into the notion that Sanders would instantly transform us into some form of pure confiscatory socialism, they might have had an interest in a John Kasich but since he was gone they figured that they had to support the Republican candidate, even if he was Trump.

    Many many reasons.

    Trump is not only the absolute master of the reality distortion field, aka reality television, he's the ultimate illusionist, and he's been trading on illusions since he was a very young man, and part of the illusion that he sells to others is the notion that they too could become just like the illusion he presents.

    A good many people who have known something of his private life say that it is no different from his public persona, and that there are a dozen handlers and marionette artists working behind the scenes every second of his entire life. Trump is perhaps a man who is more shielded from actual reality than anyone else on the planet. He lives in his very own self constructed "Truman Show", but it's the Trump Show, and he doesn't know anything else and never has.
    Trump has never even so much as spent five minutes alone staring at a flat tire on an empty road or faced with a clogged garbage disposal and a crying kid.
    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    The Democratic Party should be declared a domestic terrorist organization and a foreign espionage organization. With this, the Democratic Party should be outlawed before they completely destroy the United States.

  4. #204
    Sage
    OldFatGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,599

    Re: Bought a MAGA cap

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    At a local large vendor's market, I bought a MAGA cap which I will wear when not on duty and not with my younger children to avoid risk to them.

    Why? Some on the leftwing justify and essentially advocate harassing anyone wearing one. For the Catholic kid wearing a MAGA cap, well over a dozen Democrats on this forum openly declared that teenager should have been violently assaulted or "liked" messages by fellow Democrats calling for him to be beat up and kicked. I'm interested to see if anyone harasses me.

    I also bought a cap that reads "Build The Wall."

    Think I'm going to be attacked?
    I prefer a wide brimmed brown Stetson fedora, tho I've been known to wear a black bowler at times when formally attired, and in really cold weather a leather fur lined ear flapped 1930's style pilot's hat with the flaps down. The grandkids always comment, when I wear the latter, "why are you wearing that silly hat?" Come summer I wear Panama hats. Prevent's bird droppings from getting in my hair, at least the hair that is still sparsely hanging around. Not exactly politic statements, but they get compliments from the ladies.

    Getting upset, or violent over what hat someone chooses to wear, is a bit stupid. Yes, in this case it is a political symbol, worn to bait the fools who think it is important. But it is just a hat, and a rather ugly red hat. I wouldn't mind owning the concession that makes the hat, must be making a lot of money from the one thing that connects us all, stupidity. Stupid on both side of the spectrum. I'd rather have a shot of good bourbon, a beer chaser and not be bothered.
    What kind of a man is a man who has not left this world a better place?

    No one is in control.

  5. #205
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    207,798

    Re: Bought a MAGA cap

    Quote Originally Posted by Checkerboard Strangler View Post
    Please understand that I was pointing and laughing at a committed Trump 2020 man.
    When I meet someone who says that they voted for Trump, and they're not grinning from ear to ear, I don't ridicule them in the slightest.
    They might have had a seething hatred for Hillary, they might have bought into the notion that Sanders would instantly transform us into some form of pure confiscatory socialism, they might have had an interest in a John Kasich but since he was gone they figured that they had to support the Republican candidate, even if he was Trump.

    Many many reasons.

    Trump is not only the absolute master of the reality distortion field, aka reality television, he's the ultimate illusionist, and he's been trading on illusions since he was a very young man, and part of the illusion that he sells to others is the notion that they too could become just like the illusion he presents.

    A good many people who have known something of his private life say that it is no different from his public persona, and that there are a dozen handlers and marionette artists working behind the scenes every second of his entire life. Trump is perhaps a man who is more shielded from actual reality than anyone else on the planet. He lives in his very own self constructed "Truman Show", but it's the Trump Show, and he doesn't know anything else and never has.
    Trump has never even so much as spent five minutes alone staring at a flat tire on an empty road or faced with a clogged garbage disposal and a crying kid.
    do you think that is also true of say Gore, Hillary, Kennedy, Boxer, etc?
    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    Yeah; a shotgun IS a rifle; it uses a different load.
    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    You know that Reagan signed the Brady Bill - right?
    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    I'm smart on the gun issue and what we need to do about it.

  6. #206
    Educator Individual's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:06 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    972

    Re: Bought a MAGA cap

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    I have a MAGA hat. someone gave it to me as a gift. You want to make the same claims about me?
    In another thread I'm constantly told how America was better in the 1970's which would tend to imply a want to MAGA.
    In the last election we were faced with choosing between two candidates, neither of which I had/have any love for, and as usual we were left to select the least worst.
    Perhaps it's at a point in which we should decide if we wish to remain United or go our separate ways?

  7. #207
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    207,798

    Re: Bought a MAGA cap

    Quote Originally Posted by Individual View Post
    In another thread I'm constantly told how America was better in the 1970's which would tend to imply a want to MAGA.
    In the last election we were faced with choosing between two candidates, neither of which I had/have any love for, and as usual we were left to select the least worst.
    Perhaps it's at a point in which we should decide if we wish to remain United or go our separate ways?
    that is a most interesting and astute point.
    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    Yeah; a shotgun IS a rifle; it uses a different load.
    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    You know that Reagan signed the Brady Bill - right?
    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    I'm smart on the gun issue and what we need to do about it.

  8. #208
    It's the Despair Quotient
    Checkerboard Strangler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,554
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Bought a MAGA cap

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    do you think that is also true of say Gore, Hillary, Kennedy, Boxer, etc?
    Which part, never facing a clogged sink or dozens of handlers shielding them from reality every second of the day?
    Also, a matter of degree. The Clinton's home life in Arkansas might have been affluent but it wasn't royal splendor.

    I know, you're attempting to say that Trump was no more spoiled than any Democrat, thus A equals A equals A except I think you may be normalizing Trump's upbringing by several orders of magnitude to create...yet another illusion, one which attempts to portray him as "just some small town boy every bit like us".

    Why sure, TD.
    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    The Democratic Party should be declared a domestic terrorist organization and a foreign espionage organization. With this, the Democratic Party should be outlawed before they completely destroy the United States.

  9. #209
    Buttermilk Man

    Hawkeye10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Olympia Wa
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    42,112

    Re: Bought a MAGA cap

    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    I prefer a wide brimmed brown Stetson fedora, tho I've been known to wear a black bowler at times when formally attired, and in really cold weather a leather fur lined ear flapped 1930's style pilot's hat with the flaps down. The grandkids always comment, when I wear the latter, "why are you wearing that silly hat?" Come summer I wear Panama hats. Prevent's bird droppings from getting in my hair, at least the hair that is still sparsely hanging around. Not exactly politic statements, but they get compliments from the ladies.

    Getting upset, or violent over what hat someone chooses to wear, is a bit stupid. Yes, in this case it is a political symbol, worn to bait the fools who think it is important. But it is just a hat, and a rather ugly red hat. I wouldn't mind owning the concession that makes the hat, must be making a lot of money from the one thing that connects us all, stupidity. Stupid on both side of the spectrum. I'd rather have a shot of good bourbon, a beer chaser and not be bothered.
    I am glad that you are still here.

    You will remember that we spoke on this subject once.
    Currently on Strike.

  10. #210
    It's the Despair Quotient
    Checkerboard Strangler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,554
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Bought a MAGA cap

    Quote Originally Posted by Individual View Post
    In another thread I'm constantly told how America was better in the 1970's
    The New Deal is what you might be looking for, the very thing Republicans have spent the last forty years erasing and canceling out.
    There isn't one millisecond of the years since 1980 where the economy was better for working families than it was 1947 to 1980.

    When you look at what was possible for the average wage earning single income family in the New Deal era, it is then that you begin to realize that we have lived through forty years of FAILURE ever since.

    In business, a failed plan doesn't last forty seconds. Republicans have poured BILLIONS into maintaining an illusion for four decades.
    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    The Democratic Party should be declared a domestic terrorist organization and a foreign espionage organization. With this, the Democratic Party should be outlawed before they completely destroy the United States.

Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •