Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22

Thread: El Paso bristles at Trump’s claim that wall made city safe

  1. #1
    Sage
    JacksinPA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    8,417

    El Paso bristles at Trump’s claim that wall made city safe

    El Paso bristles at Trump'''s claim that wall made city safe

    EL PASO, Texas (AP) — People walking over the Paso del Norte Bridge linking this West Texas border city to Mexico can watch President Donald Trump’s border wall getting bigger in real time.

    Workers in fluorescent smocks can be seen digging trenches, pouring concrete and erecting rust-colored slabs of 18-foot-high metal to replace layers of barbed wire-topped fencing along the mud-colored Rio Grande, which is usually little more than a trickle.
    ===============================================
    People walking across the bridge between El Paso & Mexico point at the mess and say 'Trump.'

    'Trump said barriers turned El Paso from one of the nation’s most dangerous cities to one of its safest, but that’s not true. El Paso, population around 800,000, had a murder rate less than half the national average in 2005, a year before the most recent expansion of its border fence.' Trump is lying about the effect the wall has had on violent crime in El Paso & most in the area see right through his desperate bid to fulfill his major campaign promise to build a wall that Mexico would pay for. That's not going to happen either.
    'Make America great' - Benito Mussolini, Fascist Dictator, 1927 newsreel clip: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5l_r8MG5II

  2. #2
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    In yo' grill
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    3,415

    Re: El Paso bristles at Trump’s claim that wall made city safe

    The Wall is going up and there's not a thing you liberals can do about it but pull your hair out and sob uncontrollably.


    I'm sure liberals can come up with a new scheme to get more party voters. Perhaps your 'free stuff' campaign.
    Quote Originally Posted by NeverTrumpGOP View Post
    Nevertheless people should be cautious in doubting Buzzfeed's journalistic chops.

  3. #3
    Sage
    Amelia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    6,656

    Re: El Paso bristles at Trump’s claim that wall made city safe

    Trump will inspire many academic research projects as professionals try to piece together how he configured and maintained his elaborate fantasy world in spite of access to vast information reserves and many teams trying to help him correct his garbled recollection of facts.

  4. #4
    Sage
    Phys251's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    20,130

    Re: El Paso bristles at Trump’s claim that wall made city safe

    Quote Originally Posted by JacksinPA View Post
    El Paso bristles at Trump'''s claim that wall made city safe

    EL PASO, Texas (AP) — People walking over the Paso del Norte Bridge linking this West Texas border city to Mexico can watch President Donald Trump’s border wall getting bigger in real time.

    Workers in fluorescent smocks can be seen digging trenches, pouring concrete and erecting rust-colored slabs of 18-foot-high metal to replace layers of barbed wire-topped fencing along the mud-colored Rio Grande, which is usually little more than a trickle.
    ===============================================
    People walking across the bridge between El Paso & Mexico point at the mess and say 'Trump.'

    'Trump said barriers turned El Paso from one of the nation’s most dangerous cities to one of its safest, but that’s not true. El Paso, population around 800,000, had a murder rate less than half the national average in 2005, a year before the most recent expansion of its border fence.' Trump is lying about the effect the wall has had on violent crime in El Paso & most in the area see right through his desperate bid to fulfill his major campaign promise to build a wall that Mexico would pay for. That's not going to happen either.


    Source: FACT CHECK: Was El Paso One of the 'Most Dangerous Cities' in U.S. Before a Border Fence Was Built?

    Note that the El Paso section of the fence was built 2008-2009.
    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    I wish the USA would stay a white majority, but it won't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    Who cares about Wall Street?

  5. #5
    Sage

    Common Sense 1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    6,923

    Re: El Paso bristles at Trump’s claim that wall made city safe

    Quote Originally Posted by dobieg View Post
    The Wall is going up and there's not a thing you liberals can do about it but pull your hair out and sob uncontrollably.


    I'm sure liberals can come up with a new scheme to get more party voters. Perhaps your 'free stuff' campaign.
    Yup.. they are at the hair on fire running through glass doors stage now. They actually argue that walls don't work?
    Never mind that the democrats have time after time voted for funding physical barriers.

  6. #6
    Visual Opportunist
    Tanngrisnir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    28,093

    Re: El Paso bristles at Trump’s claim that wall made city safe

    Quote Originally Posted by dobieg View Post
    The Wall is going up and there's not a thing you liberals can do about it but pull your hair out and sob uncontrollably.


    I'm sure liberals can come up with a new scheme to get more party voters. Perhaps your 'free stuff' campaign.
    According to Donnie Moscow, the wall has already been built and Mexico's going to pay for it.

    So what happened?
    Well, he see this one particularly hot chick and not does she bag he slackjawed, but he lets a "Whoa" slip out

  7. #7
    Sage

    Common Sense 1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    6,923

    Re: El Paso bristles at Trump’s claim that wall made city safe

    Ask the men and women on our front line protecting the border!


    Border Patrol Makes Its Case For An Expanded 'Border Barrier'
    Border Patrol Makes Its Case For An Expanded 'Border Barrier' : NPR

    Senior Border Patrol officials are taking up President Trump's call for more miles of border barrier, pushing back against congressional Democrats who say additional fencing is unnecessary.

    During a ride-along with the Border Patrol on Wednesday in its San Diego sector, agents made it clear that the fence deters illegal crossers.

    "I started in the San Diego sector in 1992 and it didn't matter how many agents we lined up," said Chief Patrol Agent Rodney Scott. "We could not make a measurable impact on the flow [of undocumented immigrants] across the border. It wasn't until we installed barriers along the border that gave us the upper hand that we started to get control."

  8. #8
    Sage

    Common Sense 1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    6,923

    Re: El Paso bristles at Trump’s claim that wall made city safe

    Quote Originally Posted by Tanngrisnir View Post
    According to Donnie Moscow, the wall has already been built and Mexico's going to pay for it.

    So what happened?
    Do you even know what thread you are in?

  9. #9
    Sage
    Amelia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    6,656

    Re: El Paso bristles at Trump’s claim that wall made city safe

    Quote Originally Posted by dobieg View Post
    The Wall is going up and there's not a thing you liberals can do about it but pull your hair out and sob uncontrollably.


    I'm sure liberals can come up with a new scheme to get more party voters. Perhaps your 'free stuff' campaign.


    Trump is piling new materials onto old sections of barriers and there might not be a lot we can do about that, though Nogales is trying. But new wall? Yeah, maybe if he's willing to pay through the nose with concessions far righters won't like. So far it's not looking good.

  10. #10
    Visual Opportunist
    Tanngrisnir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    28,093

    Re: El Paso bristles at Trump’s claim that wall made city safe

    Quote Originally Posted by Common Sense 1 View Post
    Do you even know what thread you are in?
    Yes, I do, and thanks for asking. Why don't you?
    Well, he see this one particularly hot chick and not does she bag he slackjawed, but he lets a "Whoa" slip out

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •