Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 110

Thread: What Motivates a Trump Supporter and Can Appeal to their Sense of Right and Wrong?

  1. #91
    It's the Despair Quotient
    Checkerboard Strangler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,939
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: What Motivates a Trump Supporter and Can Appeal to their Sense of Right and Wrong?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    The article is largely correct. Deplorables sought out somebody who they figured was just like them.
    And Big Data firms like Cambridge Analytica were only too happy to HELP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grim17 View Post
    Don't you call me a white nationalist you racist piece of crap.

  2. #92
    It's the Despair Quotient
    Checkerboard Strangler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,939
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: What Motivates a Trump Supporter and Can Appeal to their Sense of Right and Wrong?

    Quote Originally Posted by dobieg View Post
    There really is something wrong with you.


    Seriously.
    Was that supposed to be an "in yo grill" moment?

    BTW that just means you agree to be cooked.
    No one is in anybody's GRILL.

    Maybe you'll figure it out but not likely because you're a phony "homeboy", an artificial construct.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grim17 View Post
    Don't you call me a white nationalist you racist piece of crap.

  3. #93
    Guru
    Chillfolks's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    VA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,977

    Re: What Motivates a Trump Supporter and Can Appeal to their Sense of Right and Wrong?

    Quote Originally Posted by Fearandloathing View Post
    No.

    Revenge. What I have experienced is there is a collective attitude that they have been wronged by society, that all these "librul" ideas mean black people get jobs and uneducated white guys don't. When they see a successful black person not an athlete, they burn with envy and resentment.

    What they SHARE with hard core socialists is that they want government to fix their problems while the real people make changes in their lives to acomodate the new realities of the world
    Revenge is not a motivator for the right. In my experience thatís more of a left leaning motivator. Trying to get back at people they feel have done them wrong is why theyíve embraced identity politics so fully. But hey we are free to disagree until thought crimes are enforced by whatever side chooses that totalitarian approach

  4. #94
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    109,200

    Re: What Motivates a Trump Supporter and Can Appeal to their Sense of Right and Wrong?

    Quote Originally Posted by Moon View Post
    This is a remarkably ignorant statement from someone who claims to have taught civics for 33 years.
    What error of fact do you claim I have made?
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  5. #95
    You Rang?

    lurchadams's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Seattle Area
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,973

    Re: What Motivates a Trump Supporter and Can Appeal to their Sense of Right and Wrong?

    Quote Originally Posted by dobieg View Post
    I know it must just kill you that you can't keep the moral high ground because half of Virginia(the Democratic half) wants to keep the slimeball Democrats in power even though they're racists and rapists.

    Ralph Northam resignation: polls show Virginians are divided - Vox
    You dodged my question. When Roy Moore, a bigot, pedophile and ignorer of the separation of church and state you and your right-wing buddies were tripping all over yourselves to support him. If you're under the illusion you own any moral high-ground, that all went to **** when you elected trump and supported a piece of trailer trash like Moore.

    So pathetic right-wing nuts constantly fall victim to their own bull****.

    Now, for the last time, give me the name of one national democratic politician that supports Northam's racist past, or leave me the **** alone.
    102 contacts between Trumpís team and Russia linked operatives, 28 meetings. None of these contacts were ever reported. Instead, the Trump team tried to cover up every single one of them.

  6. #96
    You Rang?

    lurchadams's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Seattle Area
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,973

    Re: What Motivates a Trump Supporter and Can Appeal to their Sense of Right and Wrong?

    Quote Originally Posted by Checkerboard Strangler View Post
    I am beginning to come to the conclusion that the national discussion is poisoned by what certain people at the top on both sides are putting into the political food chain.

    Since many of us are aware of the fact that Trump, and some other candidates, but mostly Trump, have made extensive use of "Big Data" from firms like Cambridge Analytica, it is important to remember how CA worked, how it got its data, how it interpreted it, how it interpolated it, how it filtered it and how it applied it to the Trump model.
    If we don't know that stuff, it is impossible to understand the Trump model at all.

    Even though CA no longer is in business, make no mistake, dozens of other CA clones have sprung up in its place.
    The song remains the same, the dance is the same dance, and the poisoned food chain is still poisoned.

    As long as most of us derive our sources for issues discussion from the same poisoned food chain, we will continue to dance to the tune that Trump calls and act on his terms, as defined by him only.

    It is necessary to UNPLUG for a while, remain at a distance. If we already have a well developed sense of what's what, of how society is supposed to operate, of how a healthy nation responds to stress and a sense of right and wrong, the "crisis du jour" and Trump defined criteria is unimportant, or shall we say, LESS important, because seeing as how we KNOW the Trump MODEL, it is important to apply OUR MODEL to the issues instead.
    I am under no illusion as to the things trump has said and done. I know for a fact his behavior is horrible and unacceptable and that anyone that makes excuses for him or who defends him are actually supporting racism, greed, and homophobia.

    I don't need to "unplug". I have eyes and ears that have heard and read things trump and the GOP are currently saying and doing.

    Thanks, tho.
    102 contacts between Trumpís team and Russia linked operatives, 28 meetings. None of these contacts were ever reported. Instead, the Trump team tried to cover up every single one of them.

  7. #97
    Left the building
    Fearandloathing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada Dual citizen
    Last Seen
    03-01-19 @ 02:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    22,017

    Re: What Motivates a Trump Supporter and Can Appeal to their Sense of Right and Wrong?

    Quote Originally Posted by Chillfolks View Post
    Revenge is not a motivator for the right. In my experience that’s more of a left leaning motivator. Trying to get back at people they feel have done them wrong is why they’ve embraced identity politics so fully. But hey we are free to disagree until thought crimes are enforced by whatever side chooses that totalitarian approach


    Sorry to say you are wrong.

    Respond with opinion and nothing more kind of proves the right is shallow at least. "your experience" has absolutely no bearing on anything, if you want to make a case for the Trump based American right you need PROOF!

    No one is going to believe anything ever from your crowd, after Der Leader has posted literally thousands of lies, usually hate filled. You make an opinion that IS NOT based on the reality that Trump, your man, is a dishonest, lying prick. If there was a "get even" mother****er in America it's Donald Trump.

    But thanks for proving my assertion true, that the American right lies too much to be believed.

    See the kiddy story about the boy who cried "wolf!"

  8. #98
    Sage



    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    03-26-19 @ 08:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,851

    Re: What Motivates a Trump Supporter and Can Appeal to their Sense of Right and Wrong?

    2XFUPXRIJUI6TEDOTVK3MRI6WQ.jpg

    Virginia Gov. Ralph Northam’s page in his 1984 Eastern Virginia Medical School yearbook is displayed. At right, a photo shows a person in blackface and another wearing a Ku Klux Klan hood next to photos of the governor. (Eastern Virginia Medical School/AP)
    ďThe Special Counselís investigation did not find that the Trump campaign or anyone associated with it conspired or coordinated with Russia in its efforts to influence the 2016 U.S. presidential election.Ē

  9. #99
    Temp Suspended
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,607

    Re: What Motivates a Trump Supporter and Can Appeal to their Sense of Right and Wrong?

    Kind of interesting, news yesterday claims Trumps approval ratings at an all time high of 52%. With all the negativity, what is that about? No president since FDR enjoyed this high an approval rating from the voters. No the left hasn't proved it is smarter, louder, but not smarter. And it seems to be working against them. Disenchantment with Democrats is growing, not because of anything Trump is doing, but because of their own negative ranting. Nobody likes children who whine, and nobody respects adults who whine. Democrats are shooting themselves in the foot and can't see the forest for the trees.

    Well, it is just one poll. Not necessarily a trend. But it portends some rethinking about strategies and tactics. There's a lot to be said about kill them with kindness. You train a dog with treats, praise and petting, not screaming and hitting. Works well with children also. Like holding the carrot in front of the donkey to get him to move where you want him to go. Donkeys aren't too bright, but they want that carrot. He may never get that promised carrot, but he wants it.

  10. #100
    Sage
    Saladin4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Blue State America
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    9,408

    Re: What Motivates a Trump Supporter and Can Appeal to their Sense of Right and Wrong?

    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Kind of interesting, news yesterday claims Trumps approval ratings at an all time high of 52%. With all the negativity, what is that about? No president since FDR enjoyed this high an approval rating from the voters. No the left hasn't proved it is smarter, louder, but not smarter. And it seems to be working against them. Disenchantment with Democrats is growing, not because of anything Trump is doing, but because of their own negative ranting. Nobody likes children who whine, and nobody respects adults who whine. Democrats are shooting themselves in the foot and can't see the forest for the trees.

    Well, it is just one poll. Not necessarily a trend. But it portends some rethinking about strategies and tactics. There's a lot to be said about kill them with kindness. You train a dog with treats, praise and petting, not screaming and hitting. Works well with children also. Like holding the carrot in front of the donkey to get him to move where you want him to go. Donkeys aren't too bright, but they want that carrot. He may never get that promised carrot, but he wants it.
    Rasmussen=Right Wing Non sense
    Power concedes Nothing without a Demand it never has and Never Will

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •