Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 257

Thread: Why Socialism Fails

  1. #31
    Sage
    Mach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    18,782

    Re: Why Socialism Fails

    Quote Originally Posted by veritas1 View Post
    Norway, Sweden and Denmark are capitalist countries despite what the left says. .
    Just like the U.S., they are mixed economies. And their government is quite different too. Nothing like what you're claiming.

  2. #32
    Sage
    veritas1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Old Line State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    9,601

    Re: Why Socialism Fails

    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    I suppose it hasn't occurred to you that Democratic Socialism is merely a stepping stone toward Authoritarian Socialism which, ultimately, is a stem toward outright Communism. The state constantly requires more and more authority to implement and ENFORCE their plans for a "better, healthier society".
    Exactly. Anyone with even the thinnest knowledge of history would understand this. Now we can see the fruits of the left having run the education system for 60 years.

  3. #33
    "I want MY WALL!"
    <alt>doxygen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Floriduh
    Last Seen
    10-13-19 @ 01:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    8,932

    Re: Why Socialism Fails

    Quote Originally Posted by veritas1 View Post
    The alternatives are not better. The answer isn't to scrap capitalism but to unleash it to its full potential. If government has gotten involved to "rig" it, why would we want them even more involved, regardless of what you want to call it?
    The involvement of the government has come largely at the behest of the masters of capital. One big example: Notice who got bailed out when the house of cards came down in 2009? The same clowns that put the house up. Who got blamed? Mostly little guys. What made that mess possible were a bunch of rule tweaks requested by big banking firms like AIG and Goldman. That wasn't a right/left thing. It started under Reagan and steadily grew 'til it broke.
    Maybe they like Trump because they're like Trump.
    Quote Originally Posted by marke View Post
    I don't get the facts from Fox News and others. I am one of the people supplying them with the facts.

  4. #34
    Sage
    Mach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    18,782

    Re: Why Socialism Fails

    Quote Originally Posted by veritas1 View Post
    So, you think the government should run the entire healthcare system? How about the energy industry? Once they get those, where will it stop?
    What do these irrelevant questions have to do with the bull**** article and your incorrect characterization of economies around the world?

    History should tell you. BTW, Hannity and Rush are rich for the same reason that liberals with TV shows are rich, which is that they live in a free market capitalist system. What we need is MORE capitalism, more freedom, more businesses, more commerce, and more wealth creation because by doing that, you lift up the greatest number. Only a wealthy country can help its poor citizens. A poor one cannot and socialism will inevitably lead to making us poorer.
    What does this nutter nonsense have to do with your weak article, and non-defense of it? Just more dodging? More freedom, lol, more capitalism...oh brother.

  5. #35
    Sage
    Phys251's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    22,953

    Re: Why Socialism Fails

    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    I suppose it hasn't occurred to you that Democratic Socialism is merely a stepping stone toward Authoritarian Socialism
    So Sweden is about to literally become Communist! The sky is falling!
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    I don't support democracy. Never had. Never will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    My credibility does not matter.
    Quote Originally Posted by SDET View Post
    A child, especially a son, is a man's life partner
    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    I wish the USA would stay a white majority, but it won't.

  6. #36
    Sage
    veritas1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Old Line State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    9,601

    Re: Why Socialism Fails

    Quote Originally Posted by Mach View Post
    Just like the U.S., they are mixed economies. And their government is quite different too. Nothing like what you're claiming.
    Phys251 showed me a definition of democratic socialism as entailing "social ownership of the means of production". That phrase should send any sane person running for the hills.

  7. #37
    Sometimes wrong
    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    53,389

    Re: Why Socialism Fails

    Quote Originally Posted by <alt>doxygen View Post
    At what level does it become "central planning"?

    Country? State? City? Street? Household? "central planning" is a strawman.
    That can happen at any level. A good example are the many "safety net" programs (often shared between levels of government) which add public funds to private paychecks allowing the "job creator" to pay only a portion of their employees' income - the rest being added (or made unnecessary) by the government. It's far less expensive (i.e. much more profitable) for a "job creator" to pay a bit more taxes to give some (15%?) of their employees "safety net" subsidies than to pay all of one's employees enough for that not to be deemed necessary.
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  8. #38
    Sage
    Mach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    18,782

    Re: Why Socialism Fails

    Quote Originally Posted by veritas1 View Post
    What the hell do you think "social ownership of the means of production" means? If there is social ownership then there is NOT private ownership and if there is no private ownership, there is no capitalism. So, as I stated, you favor the overthrow of capitalism. No thanks.
    And what do you think mixed economies means? It includes both.
    The U.S. is a success because it's a mixed economy. It includes both.

    The idea that wanting mixed markets, as we currently have, is an "overthrow of capitalism", is as dumb as it gets. Do you really mean that?

  9. #39
    Sage
    veritas1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Old Line State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    9,601

    Re: Why Socialism Fails

    Quote Originally Posted by Mach View Post
    What do these irrelevant questions have to do with the bull**** article and your incorrect characterization of economies around the world?



    What does this nutter nonsense have to do with your weak article, and non-defense of it? Just more dodging? More freedom, lol, more capitalism...oh brother.
    My comments had to do with the failures of central planning. It was others who started bringing up other economies. Oh, and it was you who brought up irrelevant nonsense like Rush and Hannity. Then you get upset because I respond to it. I'm dodging nothing. The facts are simple. Centrally planned economies fail and they fail disastrously. So, why would anyone want them?

  10. #40
    Classic Liberal
    smallvoice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    God's country
    Last Seen
    10-16-19 @ 09:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,550

    Re: Why Socialism Fails

    Quote Originally Posted by Phys251 View Post
    Could the article be any more obvious that it doesn't have the slightest clue about the difference between authoritarian socialism and democratic socialism? This isn't rocket science. This is a distinction that a child can learn.
    There is no difference in Nanny States.

Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •