Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 224

Thread: Democrats, you have one real job...and you are screwing it up

  1. #181
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Flori-duh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    3,588

    Re: Democrats, you have one real job...and you are screwing it up

    Quote Originally Posted by smallvoice View Post
    You say. I say Trump is a ****, but he's better for America than the DNC's choice was.

    OBTW, I was merely bringing up how adamant you libs were to know who the R candidate was going to be. It was a question asked multiple time daily. Who would have thought that Trump would ours, and I really hope yours is better than the last one, but your track record is not positive.
    I don't believe I've asked that question, run who you wish.
    When I stop answering you, there's a reason.......repeat, When I stop answering you, there's a reason.

  2. #182
    It's the Despair Quotient
    Checkerboard Strangler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    23,760
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Democrats, you have one real job...and you are screwing it up

    Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    The problem now is that members of Congress think this SHOULD be a giveaway. That's why I was asking how much they think our government should be giving away to people.
    "...that members of Congress..."

    Which members? Are there specific members, or is this just a generalized opinion?


    "...think this SHOULD be a giveaway."

    Is this in reference to specifics, or are you commenting on statements? I'd like to know if this is just another vague reference to Republican tropes about "free stuff" and "big government" or if you're focused on actual bills being moved through the legislature right now.

    I ask because I am making a long term observation about long term changes in the last forty years which have influenced the quality of life for the generations of young people that came after my own generation when they were coming up and just starting out.

    We have had "trickle down economics" for the last forty years.
    Trickle down and Reaganomics and a general campaign that all government is evil have DOMINATED the economy ever since Reagan took office.

    After forty years, people should be able to look back on what the average working family just starting out had in terms of quality of life and cost of living and they should be able to make COMPARISONS to the New Deal Era, which lasted approximately the same amount of time.

    And if these great Republican principles are really so great, it should be easy to point out how much LESS a working family HAD to WORK, and how much MORE they got for their money, and how much more economic security they had, and how much better life would be for their children.

    I know what was available to me in MY time, and I know what kind of future MY parents were able to provide for ME in my time, and I know how much they got in exchange for the work that they did. And I know what I was able to take advantage of in MY time. And I look at what working families are able to provide for their kids today, and I do not think it is possible to make comparisons between what kids face today and what my generation had to look forward to back then and claim that kids today have a better future.

    So, if you can show me that the typical average family in America today can survive and even THRIVE on the income of ONE WAGE EARNER, who can provide living quarters, health care, higher education, a car or even TWO, vacation time, benefits and enough food to eat, I would like to see that.

    Because that IS the standard of living that people in MY time WERE BLESSED WITH.
    That was the New Deal, and I guarantee you that you CANNOT top it. No way, no how.
    Quote Originally Posted by code1211 View Post
    Among Human Beings, there are males and there are females.
    On the one hand, you find a rational and calm collection of thinkers. On the other, you find women.

  3. #183
    Sage
    Oborosen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Heflin, Alabama
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,701

    Re: Democrats, you have one real job...and you are screwing it up

    Quote Originally Posted by Checkerboard Strangler View Post
    Find a Democrat suitable for OBOROSEN.
    Yeah...that's the ticket!!
    That post would've been better spent, if you actually had a point.

    Because as of now, one of the only democrats that I know of, who was fully willing to distance themselves from this green deal. Was Nancy Pelosi and by all rights most people in her own party don't really think she is mentally sound anymore. If she isn't having a hard time remembering who is actually president, or what year it is. She spends most of her time on the same tribal bandwagon that most of the DNC is embroiled in.

    Kamala was possibly going to be my reason for going back to the democrats this coming election. But she is quickly destroying her chances of not only getting my vote. But everyone I now that left the democrats due to their actions in 2016.
    Why do they run?
    Because they have no choice son, such is the way of cowards.
    But even a cornered rat, with no choice, will fight.
    Yes my son and that should tell you more than you need to know about the coward.

  4. #184
    It's the Despair Quotient
    Checkerboard Strangler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    23,760
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Democrats, you have one real job...and you are screwing it up

    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    That post would've been better spent, if you actually had a point.

    Because as of now, one of the only democrats that I know of, who was fully willing to distance themselves from this green deal. Was Nancy Pelosi and by all rights most people in her own party don't really think she is mentally sound anymore. If she isn't having a hard time remembering who is actually president, or what year it is. She spends most of her time on the same tribal bandwagon that most of the DNC is embroiled in.

    Kamala was possibly going to be my reason for going back to the democrats this coming election. But she is quickly destroying her chances of not only getting my vote. But everyone I now that left the democrats due to their actions in 2016.
    Why do I sense that you are still under the impression that I believe you're anything but an authoritarian on the right?
    I do actually read your posts, not a scintilla of anything remotely resembling a Democratic voter.
    I was born at night, but not last night, Oborosen.

    And the illusion that's troubling you appears to be that you seem to think that the GND is some kind of a bill aimed at becoming law.
    It isn't. It's a statement, a proposal, a blueprint, and this is a representative democracy, so at best the authors might expect to get a watered down fraction of each goal represented in the blueprint.

    Take, for instance, the goal of greening up all our buildings. I think it was calculated at something like 1600 buildings a week.
    Most likely, if they get their way, it would be something closer to a hundred or a couple of hundred buildings put on some kind of a green diet per week.

    Eliminating all fossil fuels, never going to happen, but the backers would be thrilled if market incentives helped to make electric cars more affordable.

    Socialism, also never going to happen. The market has the potential to be robust and healthy for the working families if capitalism is harnessed better as a tool to serve working families. Not socialism, but a capitalist system with a few minor but essential quasi-socialist tweaks.
    Capitalism continues to fuel economic activity but government helps prevent capitalism from turning people and mom and pop businesses into snacks for oligarchs.

    But it doesn't matter because in a day or so, or even a few minutes, you'll be back to expressing your admiration for the right.
    Democrats were never worried about attracting the Oborosens of the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by code1211 View Post
    Among Human Beings, there are males and there are females.
    On the one hand, you find a rational and calm collection of thinkers. On the other, you find women.

  5. #185
    Sage
    Oborosen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Heflin, Alabama
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,701

    Re: Democrats, you have one real job...and you are screwing it up

    Quote Originally Posted by Checkerboard Strangler View Post
    Why do I sense that you are still under the impression that I believe you're anything but an authoritarian on the right?
    I do actually read your posts, not a scintilla of anything remotely resembling a Democratic voter.
    I was born at night, but not last night, Oborosen.

    And the illusion that's troubling you appears to be that you seem to think that the GND is some kind of a bill aimed at becoming law.
    It isn't. It's a statement, a proposal, a blueprint, and this is a representative democracy, so at best the authors might expect to get a watered down fraction of each goal represented in the blueprint.

    Take, for instance, the goal of greening up all our buildings. I think it was calculated at something like 1600 buildings a week.
    Most likely, if they get their way, it would be something closer to a hundred or a couple of hundred buildings put on some kind of a green diet per week.

    Eliminating all fossil fuels, never going to happen, but the backers would be thrilled if market incentives helped to make electric cars more affordable.

    Socialism, also never going to happen. The market has the potential to be robust and healthy for the working families if capitalism is harnessed better as a tool to serve working families. Not socialism, but a capitalist system with a few minor but essential quasi-socialist tweaks.
    Capitalism continues to fuel economic activity but government helps prevent capitalism from turning people and mom and pop businesses into snacks for oligarchs.

    But it doesn't matter because in a day or so, or even a few minutes, you'll be back to expressing your admiration for the right.
    Democrats were never worried about attracting the Oborosens of the world.
    When facts fail, attribute motive.

    It's good to see that you've still the same poster you've always been.
    Because if you've looked at the people pushing this whole thing. They don't seem to be worried about anything such as cost, or preparation.

    Installing a rail system that would make air travel obsolete. Who the hell thinks that sort of thing is possible today, or within the next ten years for that matter?

    Not to mention you just pointed out how even the people who're proposing this idiotic deal, don't have any inclination on how to work in actually achieving it. It's just as likely that simply implementing a quarter of it over the next decade. Would devastate our economy in the process.

    Is that enough, or should I also bring up how your past on this site shows you to be a regressive leftist, sociopath?

    Oh that's right, just because someone says it. Does not in anyway make it true.
    Besides I don't need you to tell me who I am, or what my political stance is. Because I already know it.

    So is there any other way you want to try and lie about me, or anyone else on this site, or are you actually done this time around?
    Why do they run?
    Because they have no choice son, such is the way of cowards.
    But even a cornered rat, with no choice, will fight.
    Yes my son and that should tell you more than you need to know about the coward.

  6. #186
    It's the Despair Quotient
    Checkerboard Strangler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    23,760
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Democrats, you have one real job...and you are screwing it up

    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    When facts fail, attribute motive.

    It's good to see that you've still the same poster you've always been.
    Because if you've looked at the people pushing this whole thing. They don't seem to be worried about anything such as cost, or preparation.

    Installing a rail system that would make air travel obsolete. Who the hell thinks that sort of thing is possible today, or within the next ten years for that matter?

    Not to mention you just pointed out how even the people who're proposing this idiotic deal, don't have any inclination on how to work in actually achieving it. It's just as likely that simply implementing a quarter of it over the next decade. Would devastate our economy in the process.

    Is that enough, or should I also bring up how your past on this site shows you to be a regressive leftist, sociopath?

    Oh that's right, just because someone says it. Does not in anyway make it true.
    Besides I don't need you to tell me who I am, or what my political stance is. Because I already know it.

    So is there any other way you want to try and lie about me, or anyone else on this site, or are you actually done this time around?
    Try again...
    Quote Originally Posted by code1211 View Post
    Among Human Beings, there are males and there are females.
    On the one hand, you find a rational and calm collection of thinkers. On the other, you find women.

  7. #187
    Sage
    Oborosen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Heflin, Alabama
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,701

    Re: Democrats, you have one real job...and you are screwing it up

    Quote Originally Posted by Checkerboard Strangler View Post
    Try again...
    Thank you for running away.

    I'm done with you now.
    Why do they run?
    Because they have no choice son, such is the way of cowards.
    But even a cornered rat, with no choice, will fight.
    Yes my son and that should tell you more than you need to know about the coward.

  8. #188
    Professor
    SoCal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    San Diego
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    1,558

    Re: Democrats, you have one real job...and you are screwing it up

    Quote Originally Posted by Tanngrisnir View Post
    You're actually taking for granted that things that have been merely suggested by one individual will become policy of a candidate and a party. Not a good wager.
    I believe the new green deal is way too progressive to be promoted now. I like the goals, but it should wait until a Dem is in the WH and it'll probably need the Dems to control Congress before it ever sees the light of day.

    I wish it was only suggested by one, but I've heard more than a few endorse it. The Repubs are going to have a field day with this one...
    "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"
    “No prior president has ever abased himself more abjectly before a tyrant" - McCain on Don's boot licking

  9. #189
    Guru Airyaman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    AL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,882

    Re: Democrats, you have one real job...and you are screwing it up

    Started this thread almost two months ago, and it still looks the same. Democrats, you're gonna **** this one up...and I have at least one of my "brothers" who agrees with me.

    Now, I get it: you don't need an ex-Republican who still votes mostly GOP telling you who you need to nominate. But you actually do, if you want to get those who are sick of Trump amongst our ranks as well as those who are fence sitters among the independents. I realize everyone plays to their base to get the nomination, but if you go too far left, there will be no real way to move back to the center and make it look honest.

    How Democrats are losing 2020, already: Trump must not win reelection, but the candidates lining up to beat him are giving a good chance - New York Daily News

    GOP consultants and elected officials know that Trump’s secret weapon was weaponizing grievances. They desperately want this to be a culture-war election.

    But it doesn’t need to be. Kamala, Bernie, Elizabeth and others: How can you guys not get this?

    Your base is so fired up that they’ll kick down doors to vote. They’ll crawl over broken glass. They’re all in, all done, and ready to kick Trump’s orange ass to the curb.

    This isn’t about revving up your base. Trump does that for you with every manic tweet and every cruel act and gives you the rarest of luxuries in the American political landscape: the chance to talk to the middle, not the edge, and to do so from early on.
    This Day in Politics <--- Daily political news, with a personal slant

  10. #190
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,465

    Re: Democrats, you have one real job...and you are screwing it up

    Quote Originally Posted by Airyaman View Post
    The most important job Democrats have -- in the view of this ex-Republican -- is to offer up someone who independents and NeverTrumpers can vote for instead of Trump.

    Thus far, you are ****ing this up.

    Example: the latest cluster **** is the "New Green Deal". Some of the early D contenders have "signed on". Kamala. Cory.

    So they are out for this NeverTrumper. Kamala took herself out for me when she said she would eliminate all private health insurance, including that provided by employers.

    As much as I've hated Nancy P. in the past, she gained some respect for saying the "New Green Deal" was a "dream deal". IOW, not realistic. She is at least pragmatic.

    I will never vote for Trump. I would never normally vote for a Democrat either. But I considered it it as opposition to Trump.

    Be careful of letting this pendulum swing too far. You are dangerously close to snatching defeat out of the jaws of victory.
    Run Joe Run !!
    And when you’re a star, they let you do it. You can do anything. Grab them by the p**sy. You can do anything." –Donald Trump

Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •