Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 26

Thread: U.S. political activist linked to Russian agent charged with money laundering, fraud

  1. #1
    FAILED INTELLIGENTSIA!
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    47,541

    U.S. political activist linked to Russian agent charged with money laundering, fraud

    Seeing a very familiar right-wing theme here...

    U.S. political activist linked to Russian agent charged with money laundering, fraud

    A conservative U.S. political activist romantically linked to admitted Russian agent Maria Butina has been indicted by a federal grand jury on wire fraud and money laundering charges, the U.S. Attorney's Office in South Dakota said on Wednesday.

    Paul Erickson, 56, was indicted on 11 counts of wire fraud and money laundering on Tuesday and pleaded not guilty to the charges in an appearance before U.S. Magistrate Judge Mark Moreno, the office said in a statement. Erickson's attorney did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

    Erickson is a well-known figure in Republican and conservative circles and was a senior official in Pat Buchanan's 1992 Republican presidential campaign.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    I'm a moderate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office.
    Quote Originally Posted by SLC View Post
    He (Mueller) hasn't found any (collusion) and he won't find any.

  2. #2
    Sage
    Oborosen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Heflin, Alabama
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    9,155

    Re: U.S. political activist linked to Russian agent charged with money laundering, fraud

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Seeing a very familiar right-wing theme here...

    U.S. political activist linked to Russian agent charged with money laundering, fraud

    A conservative U.S. political activist romantically linked to admitted Russian agent Maria Butina has been indicted by a federal grand jury on wire fraud and money laundering charges, the U.S. Attorney's Office in South Dakota said on Wednesday.

    Paul Erickson, 56, was indicted on 11 counts of wire fraud and money laundering on Tuesday and pleaded not guilty to the charges in an appearance before U.S. Magistrate Judge Mark Moreno, the office said in a statement. Erickson's attorney did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

    Erickson is a well-known figure in Republican and conservative circles and was a senior official in Pat Buchanan's 1992 Republican presidential campaign.
    Actually it's just a theme and calling it a right-wing theme, is just a lame attempt at priming the reader. Left to right, it's all just money and money has that kind of power over people.
    “Unemployment is low because everyone has two jobs” Ocasio-Cortez
    -Runners sent packing-
    PR:7, ecofarm:20, Vern:13, OLn:19, haymarket:19, calamity:24, Saladin:19, RA:26, AJ:6, RcT:11, TngM:16, SMTA:9, uptown:3.

  3. #3
    Professor
    Felis Leo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    2,215

    Re: U.S. political activist linked to Russian agent charged with money laundering, fraud

    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Actually it's just a theme and calling it a right-wing theme, is just a lame attempt at priming the reader. Left to right, it's all just money and money has that kind of power over people.
    This must be why Russia is such an impoverished backwater. They apparently spent practically all their money bribing every conservative in America to betray their country.
    Last edited by Felis Leo; 02-08-19 at 01:13 AM.
    It’s in the small things that the rot starts. Do the wrong thing once, it’s easier to do it again. Do the individualistic thing once, it is easy to do it again.

    Fiat justitia, et pereat mundus

  4. #4
    Sage
    Oborosen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Heflin, Alabama
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    9,155

    Re: U.S. political activist linked to Russian agent charged with money laundering, fraud

    Quote Originally Posted by Felis Leo View Post
    This must be why Russia is such an impoverished backwater. They spent practically all their money apparently bribing every conservative in America to betray their country.
    Yeah, if around 2-3 conservatives can take about 55k a piece, that's still pretty reasonable. At least it's more cost affective than funneling millions to the democrats like has been done already.
    “Unemployment is low because everyone has two jobs” Ocasio-Cortez
    -Runners sent packing-
    PR:7, ecofarm:20, Vern:13, OLn:19, haymarket:19, calamity:24, Saladin:19, RA:26, AJ:6, RcT:11, TngM:16, SMTA:9, uptown:3.

  5. #5
    Sage
    Phys251's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    18,214

    Re: U.S. political activist linked to Russian agent charged with money laundering, fraud

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Seeing a very familiar right-wing theme here...

    U.S. political activist linked to Russian agent charged with money laundering, fraud

    A conservative U.S. political activist romantically linked to admitted Russian agent Maria Butina has been indicted by a federal grand jury on wire fraud and money laundering charges, the U.S. Attorney's Office in South Dakota said on Wednesday.

    Paul Erickson, 56, was indicted on 11 counts of wire fraud and money laundering on Tuesday and pleaded not guilty to the charges in an appearance before U.S. Magistrate Judge Mark Moreno, the office said in a statement. Erickson's attorney did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

    Erickson is a well-known figure in Republican and conservative circles and was a senior official in Pat Buchanan's 1992 Republican presidential campaign.
    As usual, the Russia defenders will come out with well-documented evidence and solid, logical arguments that there was no criminal activity among one of their own. /s
    Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    Who cares about Wall Street?
    "The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born." --Leviticus 19:34

  6. #6
    FAILED INTELLIGENTSIA!
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    47,541

    Re: U.S. political activist linked to Russian agent charged with money laundering, fraud

    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Yeah, if around 2-3 conservatives can take about 55k a piece, that's still pretty reasonable. At least it's more cost affective than funneling millions to the democrats like has been done already.
    Left vs right = News vs conspiracy theories.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    I'm a moderate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office.
    Quote Originally Posted by SLC View Post
    He (Mueller) hasn't found any (collusion) and he won't find any.

  7. #7
    Sage
    Oborosen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Heflin, Alabama
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    9,155

    Re: U.S. political activist linked to Russian agent charged with money laundering, fraud

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Left vs right = News vs conspiracy theories.
    You forgot the fake, in "fake News".
    “Unemployment is low because everyone has two jobs” Ocasio-Cortez
    -Runners sent packing-
    PR:7, ecofarm:20, Vern:13, OLn:19, haymarket:19, calamity:24, Saladin:19, RA:26, AJ:6, RcT:11, TngM:16, SMTA:9, uptown:3.

  8. #8
    FAILED INTELLIGENTSIA!
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    47,541

    Re: U.S. political activist linked to Russian agent charged with money laundering, fraud

    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    You forgot the fake, in "fake News".
    Yeah... this current fight is about the sum of it.

    Washington Post (left) vs National Enquirer (right)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    I'm a moderate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office.
    Quote Originally Posted by SLC View Post
    He (Mueller) hasn't found any (collusion) and he won't find any.

  9. #9
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:35 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,571

    Re: U.S. political activist linked to Russian agent charged with money laundering, fraud

    I found it amusing that Ericcson was described as a well known figure in Republican circles-- and cited as proof his role as a senior advisor to the Buchanan 92 campaign.
    For those not in the know, Buchanan challenged Bush that year for the GOP nomination.

  10. #10
    Sage
    Oborosen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Heflin, Alabama
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    9,155

    Re: U.S. political activist linked to Russian agent charged with money laundering, fraud

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Yeah... this current fight is about the sum of it.

    Washington Post (left) vs National Enquirer (right)
    Yes, they both publish fake news. But I would like to see where anyone can say that the National Enquirer is a right leaning organization. Seeing as it's still owned by Leon Cooperman. Who's been a democratic supporter and donor for some time.

    The Enquirer isn't a normal publication. It is supermarket, vender trash and nothing more.

    The Washington Post on the other hand, is a multibillion dollar news organization and can't help but post stories that would make the Enquirer itself blush. They posted a damn story a stupid joke told by Pete Hegseth. Which I would post here, but it's currently stuck behind their stupid pay wall.

    So yes, in worth. The post outweighs the National Enquirer any day. However they are still fervently digging that exact same latrine, when it comes to their news coverage.
    “Unemployment is low because everyone has two jobs” Ocasio-Cortez
    -Runners sent packing-
    PR:7, ecofarm:20, Vern:13, OLn:19, haymarket:19, calamity:24, Saladin:19, RA:26, AJ:6, RcT:11, TngM:16, SMTA:9, uptown:3.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •