Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 247

Thread: This Is What Democratic Socialists In The US Will Bring Us:

  1. #151
    Sage
    Moderate Right's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Kentucky
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,844

    Re: This Is What Democratic Socialists In The US Will Bring Us:

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarLevant View Post
    Oh, I do appreciate creative writing, in places that are all about creative writing. that would not be DP forum.

    If creative writing is your thing, then I suggest there are better places for it than this forum.

    But, a strawman, no matter how clever, how creatively expressed, is still a strawman. As such, not a merit worthy argument.

    There is no such thing as a realistic strawman. To suggest it is an oxymoron.
    LOL. I have to admit, the left is light years ahead of the right when it comes to creative writing.

  2. #152
    Sage
    Moderate Right's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Kentucky
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,844

    Re: This Is What Democratic Socialists In The US Will Bring Us:

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    How well has socialism worked in Cuba?
    It seems to me that it is totally lost on the left that the US is leaps and bounds ahead of whatever socialist country the left want to compare us to, Finland, Denmark, Germany, the UK, Cuba, Venezuela, any of them. There's not one that is better than the US. But, they still want to compare us to Finland or whoever. The US GDP is 77 times that of Finland. There's a reason for that.

  3. #153
    Sage
    Moderate Right's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Kentucky
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,844

    Re: This Is What Democratic Socialists In The US Will Bring Us:

    Quote Originally Posted by Fruityfact View Post
    How about Germany, france, sweden, denmark, great britain, japan, australia, italy, canada, norway, spain, finland, ireland, belgium, new zealand, austria and switzerland?
    Which one of those countries even comes close to the US GDP? Take your best shot. It will be a loser.

  4. #154
    Sage
    ataraxia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    10,115

    Re: This Is What Democratic Socialists In The US Will Bring Us:

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    If half, or less of the citizenry pay taxes, that means that socialism will fail even faster. I guess there's a brightside to that.
    But more of their citizenry are able to pay taxes than ours. And we are supposedly a wealthier nation. That's because all the wealth in our country is owned by maybe a handful of people. The rest are in such bad shape they are worried about illegal Mexican immigrants taking their jobs. Obviously there is something wrong.

    We're already $21 trillion in debt and you want to communtize 350 million people? That brings us back to failing faster.
    That's because the two or three people in this country who have all the wealth don't want to pay any taxes either. As you know, our debt has been increasing even faster since we cut their taxes even further. Obviously we are not doing something right. And it's not communism.





    Let's say that's true. It'll change when we become a communist country.
    So you think Sweden is a communist country. How precious.


    We've always been a free society. We don't like heavy-handed government. Europeans have always been told what to do, by one form of govenment, or another.
    Free doesn't mean incompetent- so you leave little kids to die on the street because their parents hit hard times. Does it?

    And don't forget: all your ideas about "free societies" come from European political philosophy. These are not American ideas. Americans just implemented them.







    Just because something is a right doesn't mean the government can confiscate my personal wealth to pay for it.

    None of those changd? Three words: Green New Deal. Octavia Cortez wants to take $7 trillion from private citizens to pay for that bull****. Suddenly windmills and solar panels are "necessities". See what I mean?[/QUOTE]

  5. #155
    Sage
    ataraxia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    10,115

    Re: This Is What Democratic Socialists In The US Will Bring Us:

    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    Which one of those countries even comes close to the US GDP? Take your best shot. It will be a loser.
    What's the point of all that GDP if it's all ending up in the pockets of two, maybe three people total in the whole country?

  6. #156
    Sage
    ataraxia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    10,115

    Re: This Is What Democratic Socialists In The US Will Bring Us:

    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    It seems to me that it is totally lost on the left that the US is leaps and bounds ahead of whatever socialist country the left want to compare us to, Finland, Denmark, Germany, the UK, Cuba, Venezuela, any of them. There's not one that is better than the US. But, they still want to compare us to Finland or whoever. The US GDP is 77 times that of Finland. There's a reason for that.
    Yeah, the population is a lot bigger. The GDP per capita income is not that different, especially if you take away the two or three people at the top in this country taking all the GDP growth.

  7. #157
    Sage
    ataraxia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    10,115

    Re: This Is What Democratic Socialists In The US Will Bring Us:

    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    It seems to me that it is totally lost on the left that the US is leaps and bounds ahead of whatever socialist country the left want to compare us to, Finland, Denmark, Germany, the UK, Cuba, Venezuela, any of them. There's not one that is better than the US. But, they still want to compare us to Finland or whoever. The US GDP is 77 times that of Finland. There's a reason for that.
    Real world facts say otherwise:

    World Happiness Report 2018: See the world's 18 happiest countries | Newsday

  8. #158
    "I want MY WALL!"
    <alt>doxygen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Floriduh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,694

    Re: This Is What Democratic Socialists In The US Will Bring Us:

    Quote Originally Posted by CharisRose View Post
    I knew that. Which I returned with another absurd post, back at you.

    Of course what I originally wrote was absurd.

    It was my creative interpretation of the equally absurd Democratic Socialists bill of goods they are trying to sell to us in the U.S.

    Their absurd and completely unrealistic Utopian Society that they have envisioned in their imaginative minds.

    Would you be willing to add ^ to your list of nuts?

    Roseann
    I already did. The Alex Jones wingnuts were sending around links about cattle cars, FEMA death/re-education camps, massive shipments of coffins, and some idea that the government was buying up all of the ammo on the planet. Presumably this was a leftist plot to kill them all. My post was alluding to that nonsense.

    Here's a random story about some of it:
    https://www.newsweek.com/donald-trum...s-crowd-491841
    Should I go with my gut? Should I use a rake?

  9. #159
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    97,609

    Re: This Is What Democratic Socialists In The US Will Bring Us:

    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    It seems to me that it is totally lost on the left that the US is leaps and bounds ahead of whatever socialist country the left want to compare us to, Finland, Denmark, Germany, the UK, Cuba, Venezuela, any of them. There's not one that is better than the US. But, they still want to compare us to Finland or whoever. The US GDP is 77 times that of Finland. There's a reason for that.
    It goes back to what I keep saying: they're so convinced of their superiority, that they just know they can make socialism work, this time.

    The government can't even make a hospital system work for 9 million people and they think they're going to successfully run a system for 350 million, with more on the way? They'll **** that up like Hogan's goat...lol
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryChinaski View Post
    You people are my problem. You’re a major component of what’s wrong with this country.
    It's more important to be morally right than factually correct - Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

  10. #160
    Sage
    Quag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Earth
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    21,773

    Re: This Is What Democratic Socialists In The US Will Bring Us:

    The question isn't should America have socialism, it already does. The question is how much should it have
    A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
    Winston Churchill



    A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.
    Winston Churchill

Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •