Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: The astonishing effects of the shutdown, in 8 charts

  1. #1
    #TrumpShutdown
    Rogue Valley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:42 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,930

    The astonishing effects of the shutdown, in 8 charts

    The astonishing effects of the shutdown, in 8 charts

    1/12/19
    Its now Day 22 of the partial government shutdown, and its officially the longest one ever. While President Donald Trump and Democrats continue to duke it out over the politics of a border wall, the impact of the stalemate has already become very, very real for hundreds of thousands of federal workers, many of whom missed their first paycheck on Friday. The National Parks Service, the Transportation Security Administration, and the IRS are just a few of the government agencies that have been affected by the impasse, which is expected to cause serious economic fallout as well. Here are eight charts that illustrate what exactly the costs of the shutdown are.

    continued @ link above
    Trumps partial government shutdown includes nine federal departments and directly affects 800,000+ government employees.

    Quote Originally Posted by Donald J. Trump on 11 December 2018
    I will take the mantle. I will be the one to shut it down.


    We are now in → Day 32 ← of the Donald Trump/Mitch McConnell government shutdown.

    "I can't just reopen the government .. I would look foolish if I did that." - Donald J. Trump

  2. #2
    Professor

    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Last Seen
    01-18-19 @ 02:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,525

    Re: The astonishing effects of the shutdown, in 8 charts

    Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Valley View Post
    The astonishing effects of the shutdown, in 8 charts



    Trumps partial government shutdown includes nine federal departments and directly affects 800,000+ government employees.
    Hey, we old farts don't care.
    Doesn't affect us.
    Good old ugly American way.
    I have mine, screw the rest

  3. #3

    Re: The astonishing effects of the shutdown, in 8 charts

    Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Valley View Post
    The astonishing effects of the shutdown, in 8 charts



    Trumps partial government shutdown includes nine federal departments and directly affects 800,000+ government employees.
    Nancy and chucky better get busy

    Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

  4. #4
    Engineer
    RabidAlpaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    American Refugee in Europe
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,744

    Re: The astonishing effects of the shutdown, in 8 charts

    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    Nancy and chucky better get busy

    Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Nancy's house already passed a bill to fully fund the government and Chuck's senate minority would love to vote yay on it if McConnell would let it come to a vote. This is all on the Repubs. "If you don't give us some money for our pet project we won't let you fund the government."

  5. #5

    Re: The astonishing effects of the shutdown, in 8 charts

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    Nancy's house already passed a bill to fully fund the government and Chuck's senate minority would love to vote yay on it if McConnell would let it come to a vote. This is all on the Repubs. "If you don't give us some money for our pet project we won't let you fund the government."
    She didnt pass a viable bill to get passed by our potus. She needs to try again

    Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

  6. #6
    Sage
    GDViking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    5,086

    Re: The astonishing effects of the shutdown, in 8 charts

    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    Nancy and chucky better get busy

    Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Why what do they have to do with it.

    Trump, the great negotiator couldn't get money from Mexico like he promised over 200 times.

    The American people did not want to pay for a wall, therefore they voted in people who would not fund it.

    Trump asked for the money to pay for his personal monument, he was told no.

    It's time for him to get the **** over it and pay the people he is supposed to.

    The spoiled, petulant, brat baby needs to grow up quit telling lies and take no for a answer.

    If this wall was such a great idea it would have been funded when Republicans were in charge of everything, even they told him no...

  7. #7
    Engineer
    RabidAlpaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    American Refugee in Europe
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,744

    Re: The astonishing effects of the shutdown, in 8 charts

    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    She didnt pass a viable bill to get passed by our potus. She needs to try again

    Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Haha, see, you're admitting it. Trump is causing the shutdown unless he gets something completely unrelated to funding the government. 100% on Trump and the Republicans.

  8. #8
    Sage
    Fletch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Mentor Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    22,828

    Re: The astonishing effects of the shutdown, in 8 charts

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    Nancy's house already passed a bill to fully fund the government and Chuck's senate minority would love to vote yay on it if McConnell would let it come to a vote. This is all on the Repubs. "If you don't give us some money for our pet project we won't let you fund the government."
    Actually, the House passed a bill the president vowed to sign back before Christmas. Its being filibustered by dems in the Senate. In order for a bill to become law, the House, Senate and the president must all agree. Right now, we dont have that. In fact, there is no bill sitting on the presidents desk awaiting his signature. That means the blame, at the moment, rest with congress. At least that is how it worked when Obama was president.

  9. #9

    Re: The astonishing effects of the shutdown, in 8 charts

    Quote Originally Posted by GDViking View Post
    Why what do they have to do with it.

    Trump, the great negotiator couldn't get money from Mexico like he promised over 200 times.

    The American people did not want to pay for a wall, therefore they voted in people who would not fund it.

    Trump asked for the money to pay for his personal monument, he was told no.

    It's time for him to get the **** over it and pay the people he is supposed to.

    The spoiled, petulant, brat baby needs to grow up quit telling lies and take no for a answer.

    If this wall was such a great idea it would have been funded when Republicans were in charge of everything, even they told him no...
    It would be more effective if you stomped your feet while you have your tantrum

    Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

  10. #10

    Re: The astonishing effects of the shutdown, in 8 charts

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    Haha, see, you're admitting it. Trump is causing the shutdown unless he gets something completely unrelated to funding the government. 100% on Trump and the Republicans.
    Wow you got me, I really walked into that one. It's a shame that you wasted all that superior progressive logic because it changes nothing.

    If reopening the government is important to the dems they will send Trump a bill that he is willing to sign.

    Trump is under no obligation to sign a bad bill just because the Democrats want to insist that he does. Enjoy your Democrat shutdown.

    Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •