Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 23

Thread: Ben Shapiro says Steve King comment is "actual" racism

  1. #11
    Sage
    Linc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    42,943

    Re: Ben Shapiro says Steve King comment is "actual" racism

    Quote Originally Posted by Amelia View Post
    Ironic post is ironic.


    Pssst ... if we took a poll about which post seemed angrier, yours or the OP, pretty sure you would win.
    On the issues, king is a mainstream repub. His presentation is what repubs think, and often say. He’s one of the original architects of *45’s wall.
    Chemists Have Solutions; formerly nimby

  2. #12
    It's the Despair Quotient
    Checkerboard Strangler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,146
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Ben Shapiro says Steve King comment is "actual" racism

    Quote Originally Posted by SonOfDaedalus View Post
    Ben Shapiro says Steve King comment is "actual" racism by a Republican... not fake racism like "the left" are always using as a weapon against innocent conservatives.

    What did Steve King say?

    "White nationalist, white supremacist, Western civilization — how did that language become offensive?" the Iowa Republican told The New York Times in a story published Thursday. "Why did I sit in classes teaching me about the merits of our history and our civilization?"
    The man openly says he sees nothing wrong with the term "white supremacist".
    This is what Karl Popper was talking about when he coined his "Paradox of Tolerance". If we tolerate the very worst among us to the point where they are allowed to actually use our tolerance to PROMOTE their brand of INTOLERANCE, we run the risk of giving the most intolerant extremists the keys to our own democracy, and the formula to destroy it.

    By the way, **** Ben Shapiro.
    "The Left ones think I'm Right, the Right ones think I'm wrong."
    Leon Russell - Magic Mirror

  3. #13
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:10 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    73,266

    Re: Ben Shapiro says Steve King comment is "actual" racism

    Quote Originally Posted by Checkerboard Strangler View Post
    The man openly says he sees nothing wrong with the term "white supremacist".
    This is what Karl Popper was talking about when he coined his "Paradox of Tolerance". If we tolerate the very worst among us to the point where they are allowed to actually use our tolerance to PROMOTE their brand of INTOLERANCE, we run the risk of giving the most intolerant extremists the keys to our own democracy, and the formula to destroy it.

    By the way, **** Ben Shapiro.
    Why **** Shapiro?

  4. #14
    Sage
    Geoist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    12,773

    Re: Ben Shapiro says Steve King comment is "actual" racism

    So to Ben Shapiro something can only be racism if it is overt like with Steve King's white supremacy comment? Seriously, **** that guy.
    "Men did not make the earth ... it is the value of the improvement only, and not the earth itself, that is individual property... Every proprietor owes to the community a ground rent for the land which he holds." -- Thomas Paine, Agrarian Justice
    http://www.wealthandwant.com/

  5. #15
    Sage
    JC Callender's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Metro Detroit
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,433

    Re: Ben Shapiro says Steve King comment is "actual" racism

    Quote Originally Posted by SonOfDaedalus View Post
    Ben Shapiro says Steve King comment is "actual" racism by a Republican... not fake racism like "the left" are always using as a weapon against innocent conservatives.

    What did Steve King say?



    https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/10/polit...nyt/index.html

    I guess that's so racists even Ben Shapiro has to call him out given that Ben is Jewish and the terrible history of White supremacists and Jews.

    Well, this really angered his viewers on his YouTube channel. The comments are overwhelmingly racist. Many even attacking Shapiro's ethnicity.



    This is the game many conservatives choose to play. They pretend to be victims of false accusations of racism while harboring racists in their camp. They try not to piss off their racist supporters as Mr. Shapiro just did because they need their support. The racists are a real part of their coalition.

    It's not news that Steve King is a hardcore racist. But Republicans reelected him anyway.

    Tucker Carlson complains about "Western civilization" being threatened. Trump says he's a ... nationalist. He never said "White" nationalist but wink wink. And Trump's reluctance to criticize White Nationalists was embarrassingly obvious....good people on both sides.

    Reading some of the comments on Ben Shapiro's video proves that a great many of his supporters are racists.

    I'll admit that too many liberals sometimes insist that something is racist when it is not. Maybe they have become overly vigilant in their fight against racism. But conservatives need to admit that they have surreptitiously harbored and enabled racists.

    I wonder if Ben Shapiro is still in denial about the racists in his camp.

    While conservatives are enraged by a young, pretty, somewhat naive, young socialist they reelect a White Supremacist.
    Sadly, many folks probably assume King isn't an actual racist without doing any research because leftists generally believe anyone who disagrees with them is a bigot, so it's the whole boy who cried wolf thing. Having done no research yet on King myself, I wouldn't have thought King was a racist based on your opinion, but I think he probably is based on Shapiro's because Shapiro, imo, is consistently objective.

  6. #16
    Sage
    JC Callender's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Metro Detroit
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,433

    Re: Ben Shapiro says Steve King comment is "actual" racism

    Quote Originally Posted by SonOfDaedalus View Post
    Ben Shapiro says Steve King comment is "actual" racism by a Republican... not fake racism like "the left" are always using as a weapon against innocent conservatives.

    What did Steve King say?



    https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/10/polit...nyt/index.html

    I guess that's so racists even Ben Shapiro has to call him out given that Ben is Jewish and the terrible history of White supremacists and Jews.

    Well, this really angered his viewers on his YouTube channel. The comments are overwhelmingly racist. Many even attacking Shapiro's ethnicity.



    This is the game many conservatives choose to play. They pretend to be victims of false accusations of racism while harboring racists in their camp. They try not to piss off their racist supporters as Mr. Shapiro just did because they need their support. The racists are a real part of their coalition.

    It's not news that Steve King is a hardcore racist. But Republicans reelected him anyway.

    Tucker Carlson complains about "Western civilization" being threatened. Trump says he's a ... nationalist. He never said "White" nationalist but wink wink. And Trump's reluctance to criticize White Nationalists was embarrassingly obvious....good people on both sides.

    Reading some of the comments on Ben Shapiro's video proves that a great many of his supporters are racists.

    I'll admit that too many liberals sometimes insist that something is racist when it is not. Maybe they have become overly vigilant in their fight against racism. But conservatives need to admit that they have surreptitiously harbored and enabled racists.

    I wonder if Ben Shapiro is still in denial about the racists in his camp.

    While conservatives are enraged by a young, pretty, somewhat naive, young socialist they reelect a White Supremacist.
    Sadly, many folks probably assume King isn't an actual racist without doing any research because leftists generally believe anyone who disagrees with them is a bigot, so it's the whole boy who cried wolf thing. Having done no research yet on King myself, I wouldn't have thought King was a racist based on your opinion, but I think he probably is based on Shapiro's because Shapiro, imo, is consistently objective.

  7. #17
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    65,176

    Re: Ben Shapiro says Steve King comment is "actual" racism

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    Why **** Shapiro?
    Because he is very ****able
    Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    I don't have any issue with any investigation.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  8. #18
    Teacher of All Things


    Josie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,924

    Re: Ben Shapiro says Steve King comment is "actual" racism

    Quote Originally Posted by SonOfDaedalus View Post
    I applaud Ben Shapiro for calling out racists in his camp. But he's only calling Steve King out because Steve King went just a little bit further than Trump, Tucker Carlson and a long list of hateful conservatives.

    It would have been great if the comments were full of Ben Shapiro supporters supporting him. But it's full of people who feel betrayed by him. That's the reality that I'm pointing out. The denial of far too many conservatives.
    Ben Shapiro has always been a voice of reason and integrity on the right. Are you forgetting when he resigned from Breitbart and then the idiotic Trump-loving racists immediately came after him? Even Breitbart came after him in a weird article making fun of him for speaking out against the anti-Semitic and crude comments directed toward him from the right.


  9. #19
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    03-15-19 @ 09:12 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    35,521

    Re: Ben Shapiro says Steve King comment is "actual" racism

    Quote Originally Posted by SonOfDaedalus View Post
    Ben Shapiro says Steve King comment is "actual" racism by a Republican... not fake racism like "the left" are always using as a weapon against innocent conservatives.
    So what?


    Quote Originally Posted by SonOfDaedalus View Post
    Well, this really angered his viewers on his YouTube channel. The comments are overwhelmingly racist. Many even attacking Shapiro's ethnicity.
    His viewers?
    Yes even those who hate him because he is Jewish could be called his viewers, just like all those who hate the TYT view their absurd commentary.
    There are 1,558 Comments on that video, much spewing antisemitism, which is insignificant to the over 1.2 million subscribers he has.
    I would ask what your point is, but you really have none given what I just provided.



    Quote Originally Posted by SonOfDaedalus View Post
    This is the game many conservatives choose to play. They pretend to be victims of false accusations of racism while harboring racists in their camp. They try not to piss off their racist supporters as Mr. Shapiro just did because they need their support. The racists are a real part of their coalition.
    This a game your own mind plays.


    Quote Originally Posted by SonOfDaedalus View Post
    It's not news that Steve King is a hardcore racist. But Republicans reelected him anyway.
    Really? Here is his Wiki page, what information makes him a "hardcore racist" let alone that of just racist?



    Quote Originally Posted by SonOfDaedalus View Post
    Trump says he's a ... nationalist. He never said "White" nationalist but wink wink.
    Wink wink? Your brain is lying to you again.
    Do you really not understand that one can be white and a nationalist without being racist? Really? It is not the same as "White Nationalist".
    A Nationalist who is white is not necessarily a White Nationalist, just as a Nationalist who is black is not necessarily a "Black Nationalist".
    So teach your brain something so you do not have to "wink, wink".


    Quote Originally Posted by SonOfDaedalus View Post
    And Trump's reluctance to criticize White Nationalists was embarrassingly obvious....good people on both sides.
    This just confirms that you do not understand that there were more folks who were good people as contrasted to the violent ones.
    Did you even know that other groups had attended?


    Quote Originally Posted by SonOfDaedalus View Post
    Reading some of the comments on Ben Shapiro's video proves that a great many of his supporters are racists.

    Commenting on a video does not make one a supporter.


    Quote Originally Posted by SonOfDaedalus View Post
    I wonder if Ben Shapiro is still in denial about the racists in his camp.
    All this says is that you do not know enough to even be discussing the subject.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  10. #20
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    60,118

    Re: Ben Shapiro says Steve King comment is "actual" racism

    Quote Originally Posted by Fishking View Post
    Tucker doesn't belong on the came grouping as what you're trying to pull. See, this is the issue. You want to use this against any other voice out there to suit your interests.
    Here's the thing:

    Yes, he does. He's better at using the dogwhistle, but the underlying ideology is the same. He's gone on long rants about how white culture is being replaced. It's the same ****ing thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Are you sure? Race is the only difference between Swedish socialism and Venezualan socialism.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •