Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 196

Thread: Trump's wall is about giving people an enemy to hate

  1. #21
    Supreme knower of all
    CLAX1911's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Houston, in the great state of Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,142

    Re: Trump's wall is about giving people an enemy to hate

    Quote Originally Posted by RAMOSS View Post
    No, it's because the wall won't work. End of story. https://www.cato.org/publications/co...wall-wont-work
    Explain why it won't work?

  2. #22
    Professor
    Airyaman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    AL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,891

    Re: Trump's wall is about giving people an enemy to hate

    Quote Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
    Had you actually put more effort in, you would know that the entire liberal objection to the wall is to stop him from fulfilling that campaign promise.
    Sounds reasonable to me. Why give him what he wants if it's a stupid monument to his stupid campaign?

  3. #23
    Educator
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Last Seen
    03-16-19 @ 11:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,174

    Re: Trump's wall is about giving people an enemy to hate

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    The obsession with building a wall is because it is supposedly the best way to stop the “invasion” going on at the border.

    That is the term repeated over and over again: “invasion”
    With 22 million to 30 million illegals here already, how is it not an invasion?

  4. #24
    Professor
    Airyaman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    AL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,891

    Re: Trump's wall is about giving people an enemy to hate

    Quote Originally Posted by CLAX1911 View Post
    Are all libertarians supposed to agree on all things all the time?
    No, but immigration policy is a big one.

    So what other Libertarian policies do you disagree with?

  5. #25
    Sage
    SonOfDaedalus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    6,320

    Re: Trump's wall is about giving people an enemy to hate

    Quote Originally Posted by Athanasius68 View Post
    1: And...?

    2. So what? All that says there are Americans who are criminals so there should be indifference about importing non Americans to be criminals.

    3. Because security is being ramped up. Drive it down further. As far as no crisis, seems that Mexico is having problems.
    1. And...there is no emergency.

    2. So, there are criminals in every group. Pointing out that there are criminals in a group of people is not an argument for anything. You might as well say we should act because they have arms and legs. You're pointing out something common to all groups of humans and using it as a justification to act against them. That's irrational.

    3. So, why don't we just keep doing what we've been doing given that it's working? Where is the emergency?

  6. #26
    Educator
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Last Seen
    03-16-19 @ 11:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,174

    Re: Trump's wall is about giving people an enemy to hate

    Quote Originally Posted by CLAX1911 View Post
    Explain why it won't work?
    Wheels don't work because they are ancient. Same thing with walls and roofs.

  7. #27
    Supreme knower of all
    CLAX1911's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Houston, in the great state of Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,142

    Re: Trump's wall is about giving people an enemy to hate

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    The obsession with building a wall is because it is supposedly the best way to stop the “invasion” going on at the border.

    That is the term repeated over and over again: “invasion”
    People who enter a space that is not theirs without permission are by definition Invaders.

  8. #28
    Educator
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Last Seen
    03-16-19 @ 11:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,174

    Re: Trump's wall is about giving people an enemy to hate

    Quote Originally Posted by SonOfDaedalus View Post
    1. And...there is no emergency.

    2. So, there are criminals in every group. Pointing out that there are criminals in a group of people is not an argument for anything. You might as well say we should act because they have arms and legs. You're pointing out something common to all groups of humans and using it as a justification to act against them. That's irrational.

    3. So, why don't we just keep doing what we've been doing given that it's working? Where is the emergency?
    Yes, it is an emergency. It was when Ronald Reagan granted amnesty to 1 million illegals in exchange for future border security, and nothing happened because illegal aliens are democrat voters on welfare for life

  9. #29
    Conservatarian Guru
    Bullseye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    San Diego
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    8,096

    Re: Trump's wall is about giving people an enemy to hate

    Quote Originally Posted by SonOfDaedalus View Post
    1. Violent crime is at historic lows
    So then we don't need any further gun control laws?

    Crime Remains at Historic Lows in America

    Quote Originally Posted by SonofD=
    2. Illegal immigrants commit fewer violent crimes than natural citizens

    [URL="https://www.businessinsider.com/undocumented-aliens-violent-crime-murder-statistics-data-2018-8"
    What statistics actually show about crime and immigration[/URL]
    Bull**** - they've all commited a crime just getting here. And if they're working that's another one. That study has been shot down more times than Snoopy.
    Quote Originally Posted by SonofD
    3. Illegal border crossings are at record lows

    Arrests For Illegal Border Crossings Hit 46-Year Low
    Uh, no. Arrests for illegal crossing are down - we have no idea how many got in without being caught.
    Quote Originally Posted by SonofD'
    Yet, we are to believe there is some great crisis at the border? What's going on?

    It's simple. The best way to control people is to give them an enemy to hate. Allow them to pour that anger and frustration upon a common enemy.

    In 1963, Rod Sterling wrote an excellent episode of the Twilight Zone about a young political activist who learned to use hate to motivate and control people from a shadowy figure.



    Where will he go next? The answer is Washington D.C. in 2016.

    Rod Sterling's monologue at the end of the episode is really worth hearing. The monologue and its transcript are below?





    Does anyone deny that Trump is just giving the masses an enemy to hate to fulfill his own ambition?
    Not only do I deny it, I think your premise is total BULL****.

  10. #30
    Supreme knower of all
    CLAX1911's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Houston, in the great state of Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,142

    Re: Trump's wall is about giving people an enemy to hate

    Quote Originally Posted by Airyaman View Post
    No, but immigration policy is a big one.
    What libertarian immigration idea do I disagree with?

    So what other Libertarian policies do you disagree with?
    What libertarian immigration policy do I disagree with?

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •