Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 30 of 30

Thread: Two things that have become an absolute joke

  1. #21
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    5,364

    Re: Two things that have become an absolute joke

    Based on my experience, I believe that "racist" is an overused word by some on the left. We are all prejudiced in different ways, all of us with a lot to learn, but we are not racist in the sense of the Nazis or the old South. On the other hand, it is inescapable that Trump, whatever his personal beliefs, has taken advantage of people's prejudices to advance his career. His words about illegals, focusing on Mexicans and not Canadians or Europeans, wasn't the first time. Love him or hate him, no question he uses fear and resentment of "the other" to make his points and support his policies. We have strong institutions that can check his worst instincts, but his rhetoric is clearly that of the fascist leaders of the 1930s.

  2. #22
    Student
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    226

    Re: Two things that have become an absolute joke

    When Trump said "“You had some very bad people in that group," Trump said, referring to the white nationalist groups rallying against removal of a Confederate statue. "But you also had people that were very fine people, on both sides.”

    I'm of the opinion that "very fine people" do not associate with or attend to support white nationalist groups. I think people who do so are racist. I base this on my own observations of their speech, their actions, and their written words. Therefore, I am at odds with Trump.

    I believe this revealed Trump to be racist. There have been other incidents that have affirmed my suspicions. Therefore, I conclude Trump is indeed a racist, or he at least panders to the racists. Either way, from that point forward, I believe I will filter everything Trump says or does through "he's a racist" colored lenses.

    I'm old enough to remember a governor of Alabama, George Wallace, who was, for most of his adult life, proudly a racist. He'd say it to your face and didn't give damn what you thought of it. Towards the end of his life, he came to realize how hateful and ignorant his racism was, and he begged forgiveness from those who he had hurt. From then until his death, he disavowed racism in all its forms.

    Unless and until Trump does something similar to what Wallace did, I will consider all he says and does as that of a racist.
    That sucking sound you hear is the revolving door installed in the West Wing. Trump continues to hire the best people. Be careful, that door is about to start spinning faster than the rotors on Marine One.

  3. #23
    Professor
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    TEXAS
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:45 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,852

    Re: Two things that have become an absolute joke

    Quote Originally Posted by Logical1 View Post
    Thanks to democrats way over using them, two things have become and absolute over used joke. One is the word racist. When a democrat is losing an argument due to overwhelming facts, the person arguing with them is called racist.

    Then there is the charge of hate speech. Hate speech defined by democrats is ANYTHING you say that they dont agree with.
    but their ultimate outlier is calling anyone they have lost a discussion with a nazi, so they can claim they saved face.

  4. #24
    Guru
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:27 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,250

    Re: Two things that have become an absolute joke

    Quote Originally Posted by Logical1 View Post
    Thanks to democrats way over using them, two things have become and absolute over used joke. One is the word racist. When a democrat is losing an argument due to overwhelming facts, the person arguing with them is called racist.

    Then there is the charge of hate speech. Hate speech defined by democrats is ANYTHING you say that they dont agree with.
    You support Trump, who publicly referred to some of these members of his base as "very fine people." What did you expect?








    And you're surprised? Seriously?


    EDIT: I bet some of Trump's "very fine people" are the guys wearing the MAGA hats. You just know Trump loves that ****. Amirite?
    Last edited by JustHanging; 01-10-19 at 11:33 PM.
    Jeez, did you do really do something that stupid? You were as Dumb As Donald!

  5. #25
    Student
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Last Seen
    01-21-19 @ 01:41 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    188

    Re: Two things that have become an absolute joke

    Quote Originally Posted by ataraxia View Post
    And thanks to Republicans, the words "communism" or "socialism" have become an absolute over-used joke. It is now used to describe anything they don't like, like "the new speed limit on the higway is so communist!", or "I hate pickles on my burger. They are so socialist!"
    You and Logical1 are both right.

  6. #26
    HoHoHo
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    50,708

    Re: Two things that have become an absolute joke

    Quote Originally Posted by Logical1 View Post
    I see you have NOTHING to add but name calling. Thanks for proving my point.
    What name did I call you?
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people. ~W.C. Fields

  7. #27
    Professor Irwin Corey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:01 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,612

    Re: Two things that have become an absolute joke

    Quote Originally Posted by Logical1 View Post
    Thanks to democrats way over using them, two things have become and absolute over used joke. One is the word racist. When a democrat is losing an argument due to overwhelming facts, the person arguing with them is called racist.

    Then there is the charge of hate speech. Hate speech defined by democrats is ANYTHING you say that they dont agree with.
    Oh, that. I thought you were going to say trump and his wall.
    A GREAT America is an America that makes the MOST AmeriCANs ... GREAT!!
    The only thing holding the U.S. Back is the division between US.

  8. #28
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    305

    Re: Two things that have become an absolute joke

    When there is an argument, and the facts come out democrats start with the name calling. That is how you know you have won the argument with them.

  9. #29
    Guru
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:27 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,250

    Re: Two things that have become an absolute joke

    Quote Originally Posted by Logical1 View Post
    When there is an argument, and the facts come out democrats start with the name calling. That is how you know you have won the argument with them.
    I provided facts: Pictures of an event.

    If you don't remember said event, just say and I can provide links to reputable sources explaining that too.
    Jeez, did you do really do something that stupid? You were as Dumb As Donald!

  10. #30
    Professor

    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    1,544

    Re: Two things that have become an absolute joke

    Quote Originally Posted by Chillfolks View Post
    Ok you didn't want to answer have a good day

    Typical rightie.

    Accuse the other side of doing what you just did, and then excuse yourself from a debate that you know you can't win. That's classic right wing projection/victimhood, and it's EXACTLY what I've been discussing in this thread. Thank you for illustrating it for me.

    Of course, we both understand that YOU are the one accusing "Democrats" of misusing the words "racism" and "racist". So the responsibility to support that argument, and define the terms as you understand them, is ALL YOURS. And I think you know it.

    You're not as dumb as you're pretending to be. You're just doing EXACTLY what I've been saying that right wingers like you ALWAYS do: making up excuses to avoid a substantive debate of ideas, because you KNOW you really can't defend yourself.

    Now, I welcome your return, if you are ready to offer SUBSTANTIVE defense of your points of view. But, in lieu of that, you are dismissed and we shall consider my original points to be validated, sir.
    Last edited by ultmd; 01-11-19 at 02:26 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •