Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 84

Thread: Test of steel prototype for border wall showed it could be sawed through

  1. #61
    Sage
    PeteEU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Denmark
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    31,364

    Re: Test of steel prototype for border wall showed it could be sawed through

    Quote Originally Posted by veritas1 View Post
    Virtually nobody will be going over the wall and the few who manage it can be detected with various means of surveillance. A real wall on the border will lessen, not increase the necessary manpower.
    Lessen? So the Berlin Wall "lessened" the need for manpower? The border with North Korea, has lessened the need for manpower?

    As for surveillance, how good is that if you are 50 miles away and the nearest mobile unit is 20 minutes away? Only way to have faster response time is if there are more patrols and more "bunkers", which means more manpower.

    And regardless it wont stop those 70% of all illegals who have overstayed a visa!
    PeteEU

  2. #62
    Sage
    Visbek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    01-18-19 @ 05:42 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    12,685

    Re: Test of steel prototype for border wall showed it could be sawed through

    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    I've seen tons of stories on this today. Yeah, you can cut through steel. Not really news there but you take what you can get.

    What this DOES mean, however, is that the Democrats and their media propaganda arm are creating more fake news.
    Meaning that... you can cut through steel, but you can't cut through steel? FAKE NOOOS!!!!


    See, the real story isn't that you can cut through steel of break through concrete. The real story is that the Democrats are going full court press on the "the wall is useless" story while completely ignoring the fact that, useless or not, it's the best way they have to get what THEY want.
    NBC is not a part of, and does not take orders from, the DNC. Just FYI.

    Further, the news is simply evidence coming to light of the ability to cut through the wall using common tools. As usual, it means Trump dinged himself when he claimed it would be "impenetrable."

    Oh, and yeah, "The Wall" is useless. If you're trying to sell me on the idea that a wall which can be cut through with a $50 tool available at any ferretería is a good thing, I'm not buying. More importantly, the number of border crossers has fallen steadily, and are now substantially outnumbered by those who fly into the US (mostly from Asia) and overstay their visas.


    If the Democrats give Trump his useless wall they will get their DACA resolution and they can move forward on other immigration reform. They can even point at the wall next September and say "What a boondoggle! It's useless and it's all on Trump!".

    The could do that. But they won't.
    Yeah, that's not entirely on the Dems.

    • Trump hasn't put this on the table.

    • Last year, there was a "DACA for border support" deal. Trump pissed on it.

    • Trump suuuuucks at negotiations. Among the problems this causes:
    - He's boxed himself into a corner, and refuses to compromise
    - He's uninformed and unreliable, meaning he isn't clear at all what he's offering Dems
    - He's emotionally tied to getting his way (hence the tantrums and threats) -- this is a tactic that has screwed him in the past, with the Plaza purchase and his casino failures
    - He's characterizing Dems as worse than dealing with the Chinese, i.e. his domestic political rivals are worse than an autocratic government that (per Trump's own mentality) has taken advantage of and run rings around the US for decades, stealing our jobs and threatening our national security (not the kind of thing you say when you're trying to make a deal with someone btw)

    • Most Congressional Republicans have no interest in "DACA for the Wall." Everyone wants funding for repairs and fences and agents and tech, no one wants the wall. For Republicans, trading DACA for the wall sucks, because they are giving Democrats something good (DACA) in exchange for a **** sandwich (a wall they don't want).

    • Attempts to boot the Dreamers are tied up in court. That reduces Democrat's incentives to deal.

    • Democrats are not afraid to cross Trump. They're probably more afraid of AOC attacking her fellow Dems if they cave. That further reduces their incentives.

    • Dems are not getting blamed for the shutdown, and lots of Trump voters are getting hurt. They're not pushing Dems much to make a deal.


    The reason they won't is because this whole thing isn't about walls or immigration or anything else for the Democrats. It's 100% about "resistance".
    And the reason Trump wants a wall isn't because it's a good idea, it's 100% about politics and throwing read meat to his base, and refusing to "lose the shutdown."

    See how that works?
    "Everyone should listen to me all the time about everything."
    - Rosa Diaz

  3. #63
    Temp Suspended
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    4,293

    Re: Test of steel prototype for border wall showed it could be sawed through

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    Lessen? So the Berlin Wall "lessened" the need for manpower? The border with North Korea, has lessened the need for manpower?

    As for surveillance, how good is that if you are 50 miles away and the nearest mobile unit is 20 minutes away? Only way to have faster response time is if there are more patrols and more "bunkers", which means more manpower.

    And regardless it wont stop those 70% of all illegals who have overstayed a visa!

    That is an UNPROVABLE CLAIM.

  4. #64
    #TrumpShutdown
    Rogue Valley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:13 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,840

    Re: Test of steel prototype for border wall showed it could be sawed through

    Quote Originally Posted by Grokmaster View Post
    That is an UNPROVABLE CLAIM.
    So is any wall's effectiveness.


    We are now in → Day 30 ← of the Donald Trump/Mitch McConnell government shutdown.

  5. #65
    Professor
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,851

    Re: Test of steel prototype for border wall showed it could be sawed through

    Quote Originally Posted by Grokmaster View Post
    Do you never rad your own links?


    This is an EXISTING DESIGN, from PREVIOUS ADMINISTRATIONS.


    Der...
    So, we have no plans for anything else...trump is too stupid.

    Do you have the engineering drawings of trump's wall ?
    Never saw a country more in love with money. Alexis de Tocqueville

  6. #66
    Professor
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,851

    Re: Test of steel prototype for border wall showed it could be sawed through

    Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Valley View Post
    It was tested as a prototype for THIS administration. Trump inspected 8 different prototypes in March 2018.

    All 8 prototypes - steel and concrete - were breached in DHS tests.
    Do you think they really care ? I don't. It's all just hard core partisanmship, trump's insecurity and otherwise symbolism.

    Very expensive and useless symbolism.

    BTW, if $5 billion is so little to the righties, then how bout he distribute it too DHS and see how it goes if the above isn't true ?
    Never saw a country more in love with money. Alexis de Tocqueville

  7. #67
    Professor

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,882

    Re: Test of steel prototype for border wall showed it could be sawed through

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    Lessen? So the Berlin Wall "lessened" the need for manpower? The border with North Korea, has lessened the need for manpower?

    As for surveillance, how good is that if you are 50 miles away and the nearest mobile unit is 20 minutes away? Only way to have faster response time is if there are more patrols and more "bunkers", which means more manpower.

    And regardless it wont stop those 70% of all illegals who have overstayed a visa!
    Now you claim 70% over stay lol What source you got for that? You'd fine DHS disagrees with you.
    Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical, liberal, fanatical, criminal.

  8. #68
    Professor

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,882

    Re: Test of steel prototype for border wall showed it could be sawed through

    Quote Originally Posted by Visbek View Post
    Meaning that... you can cut through steel, but you can't cut through steel? FAKE NOOOS!!!!



    NBC is not a part of, and does not take orders from, the DNC. Just FYI.

    Further, the news is simply evidence coming to light of the ability to cut through the wall using common tools. As usual, it means Trump dinged himself when he claimed it would be "impenetrable."

    Oh, and yeah, "The Wall" is useless. If you're trying to sell me on the idea that a wall which can be cut through with a $50 tool available at any ferretería is a good thing, I'm not buying. More importantly, the number of border crossers has fallen steadily, and are now substantially outnumbered by those who fly into the US (mostly from Asia) and overstay their visas.



    Yeah, that's not entirely on the Dems.

    • Trump hasn't put this on the table.

    • Last year, there was a "DACA for border support" deal. Trump pissed on it.

    • Trump suuuuucks at negotiations. Among the problems this causes:
    - He's boxed himself into a corner, and refuses to compromise
    - He's uninformed and unreliable, meaning he isn't clear at all what he's offering Dems
    - He's emotionally tied to getting his way (hence the tantrums and threats) -- this is a tactic that has screwed him in the past, with the Plaza purchase and his casino failures
    - He's characterizing Dems as worse than dealing with the Chinese, i.e. his domestic political rivals are worse than an autocratic government that (per Trump's own mentality) has taken advantage of and run rings around the US for decades, stealing our jobs and threatening our national security (not the kind of thing you say when you're trying to make a deal with someone btw)

    • Most Congressional Republicans have no interest in "DACA for the Wall." Everyone wants funding for repairs and fences and agents and tech, no one wants the wall. For Republicans, trading DACA for the wall sucks, because they are giving Democrats something good (DACA) in exchange for a **** sandwich (a wall they don't want).

    • Attempts to boot the Dreamers are tied up in court. That reduces Democrat's incentives to deal.

    • Democrats are not afraid to cross Trump. They're probably more afraid of AOC attacking her fellow Dems if they cave. That further reduces their incentives.

    • Dems are not getting blamed for the shutdown, and lots of Trump voters are getting hurt. They're not pushing Dems much to make a deal.



    And the reason Trump wants a wall isn't because it's a good idea, it's 100% about politics and throwing read meat to his base, and refusing to "lose the shutdown."

    See how that works?
    You know visa holders get checked out before they come here and those who cross the southern border illegally dont get checked out. Also we do have ways to deal with visa over stays the president can give less out.
    Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical, liberal, fanatical, criminal.

  9. #69
    Sage
    Unitedwestand13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sunnyvale California
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    18,603

    Re: Test of steel prototype for border wall showed it could be sawed through

    Quote Originally Posted by Pedestrian View Post
    Do you think they really care ? I don't. It's all just hard core partisanmship, trump's insecurity and otherwise symbolism.

    Very expensive and useless symbolism.

    BTW, if $5 billion is so little to the righties, then how bout he distribute it too DHS and see how it goes if the above isn't true ?
    Imagine such a symbolic wall collapses when a tunnel beneath it caves in?
    "If you can't stand the way this place is, Take yourself to higher places!"
    Break, By Three days grace

    Hilliary Clinton/Tim Kaine 2016

  10. #70
    #TrumpShutdown
    Rogue Valley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:13 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,840

    Re: Test of steel prototype for border wall showed it could be sawed through

    Quote Originally Posted by jdog21 View Post
    You know visa holders get checked out before they come here and those who cross the southern border illegally dont get checked out. Also we do have ways to deal with visa over stays the president can give less out.
    You'd best brush up on your facts buttercup.

    Where Does Illegal Immigration Mostly Occur? Here's What The Data Tell Us


    We are now in → Day 30 ← of the Donald Trump/Mitch McConnell government shutdown.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •