Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: The Mystery of Brett Kavanaugh’s Baseball-Ticket Debt

  1. #1
    Temp Suspended
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,569

    The Mystery of Brett Kavanaugh’s Baseball-Ticket Debt

    https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...ickets/565022/

    How did the nominee for the Supreme Court spend $60,000 to $200,000 on Washington Nationals seats—and how did he pay it off so quickly?

    During his confirmation hearings in 2005, Chief Justice John Roberts told senators that he saw his job as a judge as a matter of calling balls and strikes. Brett Kavanaugh, whom President Trump has nominated to sit alongside Roberts on the Supreme Court, has apparently spent a great deal of time and money on observing literal balls and strikes being thrown.

    According to financial disclosures, Kavanaugh had between $60,000 and $200,000 in debt, spread across three credit cards and a loan. (Federal rules require individuals to disclose ranges of debts, rather than specific figures, so the actual numbers are unknown.) As The Washington Post first reported, the White House has an explanation for the debts: Kavanaugh spent big on tickets to see the Washington Nationals, a team he’s known to back.
    =======================================
    Fan is short for FANATIC but blowing this kind of money on tickets to watch a baseball team play seems a bit excessive.

    I didn't know that a Federal judge makes a lot of money but the debt was gone by 2017.

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Midwest USA
    Last Seen
    08-14-18 @ 11:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,023

    Re: The Mystery of Brett Kavanaugh’s Baseball-Ticket Debt

    I said it B 4 ................. hookers & porn stars, not particularly females either ........... maybe more like 'balls & bats'?

  3. #3
    Bat Chain Puller
    beefheart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    The burning sands of the desert southwest.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,273

    Re: The Mystery of Brett Kavanaugh’s Baseball-Ticket Debt

    Ho's and blow
    Ich habe schon Pferde vor der Apotheke kotzen gesehen

  4. #4
    Guru Bullseye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    San Diego
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,655

    Re: The Mystery of Brett Kavanaugh’s Baseball-Ticket Debt

    Quote Originally Posted by JacksinPA View Post
    https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...ickets/565022/

    How did the nominee for the Supreme Court spend $60,000 to $200,000 on Washington Nationals seats—and how did he pay it off so quickly?

    During his confirmation hearings in 2005, Chief Justice John Roberts told senators that he saw his job as a judge as a matter of calling balls and strikes. Brett Kavanaugh, whom President Trump has nominated to sit alongside Roberts on the Supreme Court, has apparently spent a great deal of time and money on observing literal balls and strikes being thrown.

    According to financial disclosures, Kavanaugh had between $60,000 and $200,000 in debt, spread across three credit cards and a loan. (Federal rules require individuals to disclose ranges of debts, rather than specific figures, so the actual numbers are unknown.) As The Washington Post first reported, the White House has an explanation for the debts: Kavanaugh spent big on tickets to see the Washington Nationals, a team he’s known to back.
    =======================================
    Fan is short for FANATIC but blowing this kind of money on tickets to watch a baseball team play seems a bit excessive.

    I didn't know that a Federal judge makes a lot of money but the debt was gone by 2017.
    As I understand, at his level the salary is in the six figure range. Not sure if his wife works.

  5. #5
    Sometimes wrong
    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    42,709

    Re: The Mystery of Brett Kavanaugh’s Baseball-Ticket Debt

    Quote Originally Posted by JacksinPA View Post
    https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...ickets/565022/

    How did the nominee for the Supreme Court spend $60,000 to $200,000 on Washington Nationals seats—and how did he pay it off so quickly?

    During his confirmation hearings in 2005, Chief Justice John Roberts told senators that he saw his job as a judge as a matter of calling balls and strikes. Brett Kavanaugh, whom President Trump has nominated to sit alongside Roberts on the Supreme Court, has apparently spent a great deal of time and money on observing literal balls and strikes being thrown.

    According to financial disclosures, Kavanaugh had between $60,000 and $200,000 in debt, spread across three credit cards and a loan. (Federal rules require individuals to disclose ranges of debts, rather than specific figures, so the actual numbers are unknown.) As The Washington Post first reported, the White House has an explanation for the debts: Kavanaugh spent big on tickets to see the Washington Nationals, a team he’s known to back.
    =======================================
    Fan is short for FANATIC but blowing this kind of money on tickets to watch a baseball team play seems a bit excessive.

    I didn't know that a Federal judge makes a lot of money but the debt was gone by 2017.
    It could simply have been that he bought the tickets at the request of friends, they paid him back for their tickets and he paid off the debt incurred to buy their tickets.
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Midwest USA
    Last Seen
    08-14-18 @ 11:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,023

    Re: The Mystery of Brett Kavanaugh’s Baseball-Ticket Debt

    Quote Originally Posted by beefheart View Post
    Ho's and blow
    aka 'hookers & blow' ...............

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Midwest USA
    Last Seen
    08-14-18 @ 11:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,023

    Re: The Mystery of Brett Kavanaugh’s Baseball-Ticket Debt

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    It could simply have been that he bought the tickets at the request of friends, they paid him back for their tickets and he paid off the debt incurred to buy their tickets.
    oh yeah; look, we got a feral judge runnin' TicketBastard ..............

  8. #8
    Sometimes wrong
    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    42,709

    Re: The Mystery of Brett Kavanaugh’s Baseball-Ticket Debt

    Quote Originally Posted by cuban smokes View Post
    oh yeah; look, we got a feral judge runnin' TicketBastard ..............
    It is not uncommon for one person to purchase a block of (season?) tickets so that a group of friends can be seated together. My girlfriend's daughter just made that offer to us for UT football.
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Midwest USA
    Last Seen
    08-14-18 @ 11:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,023

    Re: The Mystery of Brett Kavanaugh’s Baseball-Ticket Debt

    I'm a 'no body' & I buy tickets to sporting events all the time; I don't require some ****ing yahoo judge to do it for me between adjournments just so, he can make brownie points with the boy scout's parents .......... that isn't the real world bro' ...........

  10. #10
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    5,484

    Re: The Mystery of Brett Kavanaugh’s Baseball-Ticket Debt

    45 seems to hire those who have flaws in their character and makes them beholden to his largess and bidding.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •