Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 70

Thread: U.S. Considers Broad Curbs on Chinese Imports, Takeovers

  1. #21
    Sage
    DamnYankee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Last Seen
    12-09-18 @ 08:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    5,429

    Re: U.S. Considers Broad Curbs on Chinese Imports, Takeovers

    Quote Originally Posted by Hari Seldon View Post
    Yes, only "the left" shops at Walmart. If your comment wasn't so ignorant it would be funny.
    I didn't say "only the left." Can't you read? lol

    If your comment wasn't so dumb, it would be dumber.

  2. #22
    Guru
    Hari Seldon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    New York
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    4,400

    Re: U.S. Considers Broad Curbs on Chinese Imports, Takeovers

    Quote Originally Posted by DamnYankee View Post
    I didn't say "only the left." Can't you read? lol

    If your comment wasn't so dumb, it would be dumber.
    Now you are playing semantics. Go read your own post. I read just fine.
    Never let your sense of morals get in the way of doing what's right.
    Isaac Asimov

  3. #23
    Sage
    chuckiechan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    California Caliphate
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,162

    Re: U.S. Considers Broad Curbs on Chinese Imports, Takeovers

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Person View Post
    What?

    We've got tenses, grammar, syntax, and more.





    There are many things wrong with what you have said. Allow me to focus on that last bit.

    If American policy makes Americans pay more for things (to 'restore America to prosperity' or whatever) but also everyone else pays less, then everyone else is always paying less for the same things. Trouble is, the feedback loop you are relying on does not exist. If we keep adding tariffs, we get more retaliation. Even if we don't hurt quite as much as an opponent, we still hurt very badly. And if we take the entire world on, we will hurt horribly indeed.

    I suppose I should just give up. If people are supporting Trump's trade war idea, we're just about cooked anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by mr person responding to a less eloquent member
    We've got tenses, grammar, syntax, and more
    Quote Originally Posted by mr person
    "ME NO LIKE! ME SMASH!" is not good foreign policy in a very complicated modern world.
    It is only complicated for the thieves who are importing $500 billion dollars of US capital each year with plans to keep taking endtytning they can get their greedy little mitts on. Suddenly, some dumb SOB threatened to upset their Apple cart. And who is bitching? China? Nope. Americas left.

    Connect the verbs.
    America is precious simply because it is ours.
    When China controls the Panama Canal, they control half of the USA, too.
    Racism is not being able to read racist rap lyrics out loud because you are white.
    Democrats today are the snarling dictators we fought wars to depose.

  4. #24
    Pissant for Years
    Checkerboard Strangler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,695
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: U.S. Considers Broad Curbs on Chinese Imports, Takeovers

    Quote Originally Posted by DamnYankee View Post
    Good start would be getting the kooker left to stop trying to get something for nothing by shopping at WalMart. Cheap bastards.

    The US is an economic powerhouse, it's time we flex those muscles.
    Lefties shopping at Wally World, now there's some Grade A bull****.
    Liberals are the ones who stopped shopping at Wal-Mart.
    Almost every liberal friend I know that stopped shopping there did so for several reasons.

    *They hated the fact that WM was a kiss of death for local Mom and Pop shops but at least WM carried Made in USA stuff. Then old man Sam Walton died, and the kids reversed that policy IMMEDIATELY, so not only was WM the kiss of death for local businesses, it was the kiss of death for domestic manufacturing and jobs, too.

    *They hated the fact that WM barely paid more than minimum wage for most jobs but at least there was some modicum of job security if you did your job and showed up on time. Then, in the last 15 years or so, WM started cutting almost everyone's hours so that almost all jobs were now part time, and they eliminated almost all overtime, too...even for management.

    *It was bad enough that WM was such a draconian nightmare but now WM was throwing in food stamp and medicaid applications with your hire package, proving that taxpayers were subsidizing the overhead for the corporation.

    ---Yeah right, kooky lefties crowding the aisles at Wal-Mart, that's a knee slapper.
    Poor working people shop at Wal-Mart because it's all they can afford, but I guarantee you political leanings, if they lean liberal, make shopping at Wal-Mart highly undesirable once you understand what it is you're empowering by shopping there.
    Quote Originally Posted by EMNofSeattle View Post
    If we were turned into an absolutely monarchy with King Donald Id be perfectly happy since hes so far doing a good job governing despite the totally crap allegations hes being subjected to

  5. #25
    FAILED INTELLIGENTSIA!
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,032

    Re: U.S. Considers Broad Curbs on Chinese Imports, Takeovers

    Quote Originally Posted by DamnYankee View Post
    Good start would be getting the kooker left to stop trying to get something for nothing by shopping at WalMart. Cheap bastards.

    The US is an economic powerhouse, it's time we flex those muscles.
    Wait wait wait... Are you trying to flip the script and say it's left wingers that predominantly shop at walmart?

    Too funny.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    I'm a moderate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office.

  6. #26
    Pissant for Years
    Checkerboard Strangler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,695
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: U.S. Considers Broad Curbs on Chinese Imports, Takeovers

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Person View Post
    I wish I could stop saying this, but alas debate boards won't let me: A post that starts with "So" is almost universally guaranteed to be a post that attempts to put a strawman into the other person's mouth for purposes of pidgeonholing him/her into a position they didn't take, so as to set up a dishonest criticism.


    We can hurt China. China can hurt us. It will be very bad both ways if we get into a trade war.


    Make sure you know what you're asking for and what it will cost. Make sure you understand it very well before trumpeting some half-cocked...no...uncocked policy that Trump crapped out after getting made at something he heard from his advisers on Fox and Friends.
    I wish it was allowable to respond to a "So...." strawman post with a F.O.A. - - you know what.
    Quote Originally Posted by EMNofSeattle View Post
    If we were turned into an absolutely monarchy with King Donald Id be perfectly happy since hes so far doing a good job governing despite the totally crap allegations hes being subjected to

  7. #27
    FAILED INTELLIGENTSIA!
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,032

    Re: U.S. Considers Broad Curbs on Chinese Imports, Takeovers

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Person View Post
    What?

    We've got tenses, grammar, syntax, and more.





    There are many things wrong with what you have said. Allow me to focus on that last bit.

    If American policy makes Americans pay more for things (to 'restore America to prosperity' or whatever) but also everyone else pays less, then everyone else is always paying less for the same things. Trouble is, the feedback loop you are relying on does not exist. If we keep adding tariffs, we get more retaliation. Even if we don't hurt quite as much as an opponent, we still hurt very badly. And if we take the entire world on, we will hurt horribly indeed.

    I suppose I should just give up. If people are supporting Trump's trade war idea, we're just about cooked anyway
    It's the same political philosophy they use all the time. If it makes liberals cry trumpettes will shoot their own faces off and call it a victory.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    I'm a moderate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office.

  8. #28
    Pissant for Years
    Checkerboard Strangler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,695
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: U.S. Considers Broad Curbs on Chinese Imports, Takeovers

    Quote Originally Posted by DamnYankee View Post
    I didn't say "only the left." Can't you read? lol

    If your comment wasn't so dumb, it would be dumber.
    Careful, you're going to start sounding like Slick Willie arguing over what "is" really means, and I know you ain't got no love for Bubba Clinton.
    We ALL read your post, so just own it fer chrissakes, you were trying to imply that Wally World was a liberal paradise.
    Quote Originally Posted by EMNofSeattle View Post
    If we were turned into an absolutely monarchy with King Donald Id be perfectly happy since hes so far doing a good job governing despite the totally crap allegations hes being subjected to

  9. #29
    FAILED INTELLIGENTSIA!
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,032

    Re: U.S. Considers Broad Curbs on Chinese Imports, Takeovers

    Quote Originally Posted by DamnYankee View Post
    I didn't say "only the left." Can't you read? lol

    If your comment wasn't so dumb, it would be dumber.
    Quote Originally Posted by DamnYankee View Post
    Good start would be getting the kooker left to stop trying to get something for nothing by shopping at WalMart. Cheap bastards.
    Your focus was solely on the left. You trying to deny that is just you lying again like usual.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    I'm a moderate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office.

  10. #30
    Sage
    chuckiechan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    California Caliphate
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,162

    Re: U.S. Considers Broad Curbs on Chinese Imports, Takeovers

    Quote Originally Posted by DamnYankee View Post
    I didn't say "only the left." Can't you read? lol

    If your comment wasn't so dumb, it would be dumber.
    Americans will walk over their dying grandmother to save a dime. They will squeeze a quarter until the eagle ****s. And having said that, nearly everyone in flyover country, and rural California shops at Walmart some of the time. Why? To save a dollar that’s why. They are the middle class left and the middle class right. They are the ones people only care about at election time.

    BTW, It is not R2D2 buying all that Chinese ****. It is us.
    Last edited by chuckiechan; 03-07-18 at 01:12 AM.
    America is precious simply because it is ours.
    When China controls the Panama Canal, they control half of the USA, too.
    Racism is not being able to read racist rap lyrics out loud because you are white.
    Democrats today are the snarling dictators we fought wars to depose.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •