Page 51 of 73 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast
Results 501 to 510 of 727

Thread: Attacking the NRA Is Really Attacking Everyday Americans

  1. #501
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    192,984

    Re: Attacking the NRA Is Really Attacking Everyday Americans

    Quote Originally Posted by goldkam View Post
    I am merely telling the truth.....you are lying to yourself. It is not just foreigners but also depending on reports between 40%-65% of your country as well.

    So if you had to inform an individual who had no idea what a gun is, what a gun does and what its primary function is....what would you tell them???

    depends which gun it is-you are dealing with someone who was a few targets out of being on one of our olympic teams and shot in two world championships. My Perazzi MT 6 and Mirage and my two Krieghoff K-80s were bought purely for ISU skeet and earned me two America Cups, and a bunch of other titles.

    Then you have my Wilson Accu-comp 45, I made what is now the USPSA equivalent of GrandMaster with the 30 years ago. Then you have my CZ Custom Shop CTS which I bought to shoot steel with, and I do that rather well.

    You see I have all sorts of guns and they serve all sorts of purposes.
    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    Yeah; a shotgun IS a rifle; it uses a different load.
    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    I'm smart on the gun issue and what we need to do about it.

  2. #502
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:27 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    476

    Re: Attacking the NRA Is Really Attacking Everyday Americans

    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    There's nothing wrong with law abiding people owning assault weapons. That's why they call them law abiding people. Most mass shootings, including the Florida one, were conducted by people with long and obvious trails where they should have been locked up or confined beforehand. People aren't law abiding when they break laws, such as terroristic threatening. We've even had several recent arrests of people wanting to commit mass shootings in schools and these arrests happened BEFORE they committed the acts, which is what should have happened in Florida and most of the other mass shootings. We should leave law abiding gun owners alone and take dangerous people off the streets before they do something. It's absolutely nuts to let dangerous people run around loose and then try and keep guns out of their hands. That's bass ackwards.
    To your first point. You are essentially stating that there was nothing wrong with Stephen Paddock, a legal gun owner, having over 24 guns at his disposal many which were assault weapons. Why do you make such a claim??? They are being abused, used to conduct mass murders does it not impact or make you question morality in any way.

    So how do you propose to identify and inhibit the actions of these criminals....some states don't require a licence, background checks or any such limitations on the types of weapons. How police etc.. are going to suddenly be able to identify individuals who will sporadically commit mass murders is beyond me. You remove the means you remove the risk.

    Whats ass backwards is allowing individuals to arm themselves and continue to carry around a weapon...a weapon that has been used to kill innocent children, teenagers and adults. Whenever guns are available individuals will continue to abuse them, you have to either heavily legislate or remove some of if not all weapons from the general public.

    Does it not alarm you that the US has the highest number of guns in the world and just so happens to have one of the highest mass shootings rate in the world, one of the highest uses of firearms???

  3. #503
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:27 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    476

    Re: Attacking the NRA Is Really Attacking Everyday Americans

    Quote Originally Posted by Fledermaus View Post
    Incorrect....

    Target shooting/Plinking

    Security (I don't have to induce harm or kill to dissuade someone)

    Collecting

    Investment
    You must look at the result not the means of getting to that result.

    Target Shooting- It is inducing harm on something
    Security- True. I agree with that however it still doesn't take away its functions.
    Collecting- Doesn't take away its functions
    Investment- Doesn't take away its functions.

    Do you not agree that there is a firearm problem in the USA??

  4. #504
    Voice and Wisdom of God
    Vox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Land of Logic
    Last Seen
    09-01-18 @ 10:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    6,256

    Re: Attacking the NRA Is Really Attacking Everyday Americans

    Quote Originally Posted by goldkam View Post

    Does it not alarm you that the US has the highest number of guns in the world and just so happens to have one of the highest mass shootings rate in the world, one of the highest uses of firearms???
    I think it's too bad that huge numbers of ghetto dwellers are shooting each other every night......tragic, really.

    But there's nothing anybody can do about it and it does not alarm me in the least.

    Don't try to use their savagery to take away my gun rights.

    "If I could have gotten the votes for an outright ban--picking up EVERY one of them – ‘Mr. and Mrs. America turn'em all in’ – I would have!”
    --Senator Diane Feinstein (60 Minutes interview February 1995)

  5. #505
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    192,984

    Re: Attacking the NRA Is Really Attacking Everyday Americans

    Quote Originally Posted by goldkam View Post
    To your first point. You are essentially stating that there was nothing wrong with Stephen Paddock, a legal gun owner, having over 24 guns at his disposal many which were assault weapons. Why do you make such a claim??? They are being abused, used to conduct mass murders does it not impact or make you question morality in any way.

    So how do you propose to identify and inhibit the actions of these criminals....some states don't require a licence, background checks or any such limitations on the types of weapons. How police etc.. are going to suddenly be able to identify individuals who will sporadically commit mass murders is beyond me. You remove the means you remove the risk.

    Whats ass backwards is allowing individuals to arm themselves and continue to carry around a weapon...a weapon that has been used to kill innocent children, teenagers and adults. Whenever guns are available individuals will continue to abuse them, you have to either heavily legislate or remove some of if not all weapons from the general public.

    Does it not alarm you that the US has the highest number of guns in the world and just so happens to have one of the highest mass shootings rate in the world, one of the highest uses of firearms???
    tell me why I should give up my guns because someone else misuses them. Not going to happen, I guess the difference is-I don't believe in group guilt. You do. You want to punish millions of people in a country you don't even live in for some undisclosed reason. WE who own guns aren't going to buy into that crap.

    we have criminal problem in the USA. 99% of lawful gun owners never harm anyone. and your warped nonsense that target shooting is harming something demonstrates to me your arguments are lacking in rational thought
    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    Yeah; a shotgun IS a rifle; it uses a different load.
    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    I'm smart on the gun issue and what we need to do about it.

  6. #506
    Voice and Wisdom of God
    Vox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Land of Logic
    Last Seen
    09-01-18 @ 10:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    6,256

    Re: Attacking the NRA Is Really Attacking Everyday Americans

    What country are you from, Goldkam?

    Why do you hate guns?

    Why don't you mind your own country?
    "If I could have gotten the votes for an outright ban--picking up EVERY one of them – ‘Mr. and Mrs. America turn'em all in’ – I would have!”
    --Senator Diane Feinstein (60 Minutes interview February 1995)

  7. #507
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:27 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    476

    Re: Attacking the NRA Is Really Attacking Everyday Americans

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    depends which gun it is-you are dealing with someone who was a few targets out of being on one of our olympic teams and shot in two world championships. My Perazzi MT 6 and Mirage and my two Krieghoff K-80s were bought purely for ISU skeet and earned me two America Cups, and a bunch of other titles.

    Then you have my Wilson Accu-comp 45, I made what is now the USPSA equivalent of GrandMaster with the 30 years ago. Then you have my CZ Custom Shop CTS which I bought to shoot steel with, and I do that rather well.

    You see I have all sorts of guns and they serve all sorts of purposes.
    Firstly I have nothing wrong with guns for sporting events etc... however it needs be more heavily legislated. For instance Australia's example is quite simply what I agree with.

  8. #508
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    192,984

    Re: Attacking the NRA Is Really Attacking Everyday Americans

    Quote Originally Posted by goldkam View Post
    Firstly I have nothing wrong with guns for sporting events etc... however it needs be more heavily legislated. For instance Australia's example is quite simply what I agree with.
    well we who live here disagree. and we wonder why you are obsessed over changing our laws in violation of our constitution. while we have more than a few bannerrhoid politicians who would love to try to impose Australian style gun laws here, I doubt they would remain in office if they tried it on a federal level here. and most police will not support confiscation of currently legally owned firearms
    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    Yeah; a shotgun IS a rifle; it uses a different load.
    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    I'm smart on the gun issue and what we need to do about it.

  9. #509
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:27 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    476

    Re: Attacking the NRA Is Really Attacking Everyday Americans

    Quote Originally Posted by Vox View Post
    I think it's too bad that huge numbers of ghetto dwellers are shooting each other every night......tragic, really.

    But there's nothing anybody can do about it and it does not alarm me in the least.

    Don't try to use their savagery to take away my gun rights.

    I will use whatever savagery I wish because innocent people are dying at the sacrifice of your gun rights. In your little bubble there may very well be these 'ghetto dwellers' but there also happens to be in the real world children and teenagers unable to receive an education without being threatened or even getting killed (2018 Florida Shooting) because of the right to own a gun and perceive them as a normality in everyday lives.

    Don't turn the debate around and put it on me as challenging your gun rights, rights don't imply application.

    Also to say there is 'nothing you can do' is false there is always hope, you quite clearly have lost hope. Instead of being a negative Nelly be positive about change, it is much healthier.

  10. #510
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:27 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    476

    Re: Attacking the NRA Is Really Attacking Everyday Americans

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    tell me why I should give up my guns because someone else misuses them. Not going to happen, I guess the difference is-I don't believe in group guilt. You do. You want to punish millions of people in a country you don't even live in for some undisclosed reason. WE who own guns aren't going to buy into that crap.

    we have criminal problem in the USA. 99% of lawful gun owners never harm anyone. and your warped nonsense that target shooting is harming something demonstrates to me your arguments are lacking in rational thought
    Because I and many others perceive them as a threat to society and innocent lives. At what point they have become a normality I am unsure, but they shouldn't. Guns will only lead to the inducement violence at some point. They are not the answer.

    You don't have to buy into it, merely you have to accept where we are coming from. I accept where you are coming from but don't agree. You favour firearms because you want to protect yourself, believe in the 2nd Amendment.....I don't agree with these notions however.

    There is still that 1% and please remember you are carrying a weapon which has and can be used for evil.

Page 51 of 73 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •