Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 234

Thread: Dinesh D'Souza is a terrible human being

  1. #21
    Guru

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Last Seen
    12-11-18 @ 04:22 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,552

    Re: Dinesh D'Souza is a terrible human being

    Quote Originally Posted by Chillfolks View Post
    It's not uncommon for supposed adults to act like spoiled brats. Nor is it limited to just one party. In the days after 9/11 there was the professor who said some awful remarks about the victims. Dinesh is a douche but seem to fall in a long line of people acting stupid
    Two wrongs don't a make a right.

  2. #22
    Sage
    Crovax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    South Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    11,409

    Re: Dinesh D'Souza is a terrible human being

    Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Valley View Post
    No worse than some of the hacks right here on DP.

    Pretty sad when Colt is more important than your kids.
    Pot meet kettle

  3. #23
    Sage
    Tigerace117's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    21,126

    Re: Dinesh D'Souza is a terrible human being

    Quote Originally Posted by Crovax View Post
    Maybe the kids shouldn’t have put themselves in the political spotlight by using a tragedy to advocate taking away rights from people
    Maybe if you are so obsessed with an inanimate object that you are willing to viciously attack kids who just survived a school shooting because they don’t agree with you, you should take a long hard look at yourself. Because, frankly, everyone else is.

  4. #24
    #MuchBetterNow
    Rogue Valley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:35 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    21,953

    Re: Dinesh D'Souza is a terrible human being

    Quote Originally Posted by Crovax View Post
    Pot meet kettle
    You inspired me to write hacks. Thanks.


    Lies can become truth ― if we let them.

  5. #25
    Global Moderator
    Moderator
    Anagram's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    St. Louis MO
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    7,700

    Re: Dinesh D'Souza is a terrible human being

    Quote Originally Posted by Crovax View Post
    Maybe the kids shouldn’t have put themselves in the political spotlight by using a tragedy to advocate taking away rights from people
    So it’s cool to be a massive asshole to people just because they advocate for what they believe in?

    I disagree with the kids too, but that is so muchnot the right response. It’s not like Dinesh is making any argument with those tweets, he’s just being a dick. IMO people going out of their way to be a dick should be condemned normally, (though not illegal or anything like that), but especially going out of your way to be a dick to kids who just went through a school shooting.

    This beside the fact that the only effect those tweets could have is to hurt his cause.
    There should be Instant Runoff Voting

  6. #26
    Guru
    Chillfolks's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    VA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,107

    Re: Dinesh D'Souza is a terrible human being

    Quote Originally Posted by Yes_Minister View Post
    Two wrongs don't a make a right.
    Correct and people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

  7. #27
    Sage
    Crovax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    South Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    11,409

    Re: Dinesh D'Souza is a terrible human being

    Quote Originally Posted by Tigerace117 View Post
    Maybe if you are so obsessed with an inanimate object that you are willing to viciously attack kids who just survived a school shooting because they don’t agree with you, you should take a long hard look at yourself. Because, frankly, everyone else is.
    Why does that matter. It’s faulty logic, an appeal to emotion. They don’t get a free pass to spew facist rhetoric because they survived a horrible event.

  8. #28
    Sage
    Crovax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    South Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    11,409

    Re: Dinesh D'Souza is a terrible human being

    Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Valley View Post
    You inspired me to write hacks. Thanks.
    Yeah I’m a hack because I don’t let emotions override common sense

  9. #29
    Sage
    Crovax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    South Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    11,409

    Re: Dinesh D'Souza is a terrible human being

    Quote Originally Posted by Anagram View Post
    So it’s cool to be a massive asshole to people just because they advocate for what they believe in?

    I disagree with the kids too, but that is so muchnot the right response. It’s not like Dinesh is making any argument with those tweets, he’s just being a dick. IMO people going out of their way to be a dick should be condemned normally, (though not illegal or anything like that), but especially going out of your way to be a dick to kids who just went through a school shooting.

    This beside the fact that the only effect those tweets could have is to hurt his cause.
    I wasn’t condoning what Dinesh said only pointing out that the kids don’t get to be immune from criticism

  10. #30
    A Little Bitter
    Mr Person's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    19,765

    Re: Dinesh D'Souza is a terrible human being

    Quote Originally Posted by Crovax View Post
    The previous case was pre Heller
    Well, of course it would be. That I'm aware of. And while I haven't read Heller in a while, I've used it and McDonald in briefs in gun cases (to defend gun rights, believe it or not).

    I'm not about to dig through the 70ish pages right now, but I am certain that they preserved the "military-style weapons"/"unusual and dangerous" weapons exception, as well as other ones, and identified self-defense as the core of the 2nd Amd. So to the extent any argument about constitutionality of bans like this one comes up in the future, the main lense it's going to be looked at is through the relation of the need to the possession of the weapon in question to the ability to enjoy the core right of self-defense.

    I don't want to derail the thread, but I do suspect that they may be dubious about whether banning something like a semi-automatic AR-15 is going to seriously impede someone's right to defend themselves when they can have all the handguns and shotguns they want.

    (And isn't a handgun recommended for public self-defense while a shotgun or two for home-defense?)

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •