Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 124

Thread: So how did he get in? Are all the security measures worthless?

  1. #21
    Sage
    Slyfox696's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    8,858

    Re: So how did he get in? Are all the security measures worthless?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
    There are no all-plastic guns for sale anywhere tmk.
    You gun people just can't stop posting things that aren't true, can you?


  2. #22
    Sage

    Linc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:24 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    39,607

    Re: So how did he get in? Are all the security measures worthless?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
    Nimby... Glocks are not plastic guns. There is plenty of steel in them, and they will not pass a metal detector.


    You may know something about schools but you don't seem to know even the basics about firearms.


    There are no all-plastic guns for sale anywhere tmk.
    Deflecting from guns being the issue here is something I've dealt with on DP for 5 years.
    Schools shouldn't have to deal with another unfunded mandate caused by over 300 million WMDs, weapons of massacre and death.

    I've begged my Wife to carry concealed illegally to school and she won't protect herself.
    Who in their right mind would ever want to be a teacher today with all the crap they have to deal with?

    In the minds of NRA extremists, we need a posse of right-wing militias to guard churches, schools, and every other public event. The banana republicans of today have turned this Nation into a banana republic.
    Physics is Phun; Chemists Have Solutions; formerly nimby

  3. #23
    Global Moderator
    The Hammer of Chaos
    Goshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dixie
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    45,323

    Re: So how did he get in? Are all the security measures worthless?

    I can't believe I'm getting accused of blaming the schools.


    I asked out of CONCERN. I have two nephews that live in my house who go to school still. I have four other children in my close family attending school. I was concerned to find out if other schools had similar security measures and if so why they failed and how.

    I wasn't blaming anyone, I'm looking for what went wrong so we can hopefully improve school security.

    Fiddling While Rome Burns
    ISIS: Carthago Delenda Est
    "I used to roll the dice; see the fear in my enemies' eyes... listen as the crowd would sing, 'now the old king is dead, Long Live the King.'.."

  4. #24
    Global Moderator
    The Hammer of Chaos
    Goshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dixie
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    45,323

    Re: So how did he get in? Are all the security measures worthless?

    Quote Originally Posted by NIMBY View Post
    Deflecting from guns being the issue here is something I've dealt with on DP for 5 years.
    Schools shouldn't have to deal with another unfunded mandate caused by over 300 million WMDs, weapons of massacre and death.

    I've begged my Wife to carry concealed illegally to school and she won't protect herself.
    Who in their right mind would ever want to be a teacher today with all the crap they have to deal with?

    In the minds of NRA extremists, we need a posse of right-wing militias to guard churches, schools, and every other public event. The banana republicans of today have turned this Nation into a banana republic.


    Maybe you need to calm down.

    In one breath you admit you tried to get your wife to carry illegally then expressed outrage that some want armed protectors at schools.

    You're all over the place and making no sense.

    Fiddling While Rome Burns
    ISIS: Carthago Delenda Est
    "I used to roll the dice; see the fear in my enemies' eyes... listen as the crowd would sing, 'now the old king is dead, Long Live the King.'.."

  5. #25
    Professor

    Join Date
    May 2017
    Last Seen
    07-09-18 @ 09:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,830

    Re: So how did he get in? Are all the security measures worthless?

    Quote Originally Posted by Grand Mal View Post
    This is an elementary school. They've had a declining student count and had a room at the end of a hall full of rooms that were never going to be needed again so we started on turning it into a community kitchen, with canning and processing facilities that you will book time with. Pressure cookers, sausage grinders and stuffers, stuff like that. A big walk-in cooler. It all means that people from the community will be in and out.
    Never mind gunners. This school (and parents) and the community around it are not worried about attracting pedophiles? Or is it you all figure that the sausage grinder will scare pedophiles away? Maybe it does... I dunno.

  6. #26
    Wrinkly member
    Manc Skipper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Southern England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    25,322

    Re: So how did he get in? Are all the security measures worthless?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
    I can't believe I'm getting accused of blaming the schools.


    I asked out of CONCERN. I have two nephews that live in my house who go to school still. I have four other children in my close family attending school. I was concerned to find out if other schools had similar security measures and if so why they failed and how.

    I wasn't blaming anyone, I'm looking for what went wrong so we can hopefully improve school security.
    Cruz didn't need to register a private sale, didn't need a license to carry, and broke no Florida gun laws till he started shooting. There's a starting point.
    Never eat anything that's served in a bucket.

    "We look to Scotland for all our ideas of civilisation." ..François-Marie Arouet. French philosopher. 1694 - 1778.

  7. #27
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    3,882

    Re: So how did he get in? Are all the security measures worthless?

    This could all be solved if the kids had guns to protect themselves --NRA

  8. #28
    Sage

    Linc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:24 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    39,607

    Re: So how did he get in? Are all the security measures worthless?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
    I can't believe I'm getting accused of blaming the schools.


    I asked out of CONCERN. I have two nephews that live in my house who go to school still. I have four other children in my close family attending school. I was concerned to find out if other schools had similar security measures and if so why they failed and how.

    I wasn't blaming anyone, I'm looking for what went wrong so we can hopefully improve school security.
    I have to press a button to be let into school during school hours, though not afterwards.
    This means there is no protection from guns at our sporting and other after-school events.
    Even though they know me, I still have to be pre-approved to guest teach and coach during school hours.

    I fully support Home Rule of schools to do what they will with staff carrying guns.
    I've taken considerable grief from both 'sides' for this stance.

    The problem here is how do you protect the students when they are let out of school.
    That's something you could look at the next time you're at a school when kids are dismissed.
    It is not a settling feeling ...
    Physics is Phun; Chemists Have Solutions; formerly nimby

  9. #29
    Sage
    Perotista's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,526
    Blog Entries
    35

    Re: So how did he get in? Are all the security measures worthless?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
    For over ten years I haven't been to a school where you could just walk in. They keep the doors locked and there are barriers, and someone has to "buzz" you in.

    Most schools have a "resource officer" (aka cop) on site during school hours... some have two. Armed.


    So how did this guy just waltz in with an AR15 and nobody knew until he started shooting? Nobody prevented him entering. Apparently no armed school resource officer intervened during the shooting.


    Did this school just not have such security measures, or did they fail? If the latter, how?


    I really, really want to know, but such details are scant in such shooting incidents.
    Probably depends where you live. I live out in the country, but the grand kids go to school in a small town. No cops, one just walks into the school and go to the office. Now in the big cities such as Atlanta I've heard they have all that stuff. But Atlanta is crime ridden and shootings happen in that city every day.
    This Reform Party member thinks it is high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first and their political party further down the line. But for way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.

  10. #30
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Last Seen
    02-22-18 @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Posts
    156

    Re: So how did he get in? Are all the security measures worthless?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
    For over ten years I haven't been to a school where you could just walk in. They keep the doors locked and there are barriers, and someone has to "buzz" you in.

    Most schools have a "resource officer" (aka cop) on site during school hours... some have two. Armed.


    So how did this guy just waltz in with an AR15 and nobody knew until he started shooting? Nobody prevented him entering. Apparently no armed school resource officer intervened during the shooting.


    Did this school just not have such security measures, or did they fail? If the latter, how?


    I really, really want to know, but such details are scant in such shooting incidents.
    I read somewhere a victim said he heard "several loud bangs like garbage trucks" and then shooting. Just guessing, but the bangs could have been the shooter forcing himself in a door.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •