Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 24

Thread: Poll: Trump's approval rating makes him least popular first-year president on record

  1. #1
    Anti Cult 4 LIfe
    Rogue Valley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:58 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,570

    Poll: Trump's approval rating makes him least popular first-year president on record

    Poll: Trump's approval rating makes him least popular first-year president on record


    By Julia Manchester
    The Hill
    12/16/17



    President Trump's low approval rating has made him the least popular first-year president on record, according to an Associated Press-NORC poll released Saturday. The survey shows the president's approval rating sitting at 32 percent, while 67 percent disapprove. Trump's approval rating has remained steady in the poll from September, but is down 10 points from March. Another AP-NORC poll conducted this month found strongly pessimistic attitudes among Americans toward the president in his first year in office. Only three in 10 Americans polled said the U.S. is headed in the right direction, while 52 percent said the country is worse off since Trump entered office in January. Forty-five percent of Americans polled said they did not believe that Trump has kept his campaign promises, compared to 23 percent who said he has.
    The least popular first year US president ever. Let that sink in.

    Related: Americans pessimistic about Trump, country: AP-NORC Poll


    • Remember this on November 6th ... Republicans will always elevate corporations above of the best interests of their human constituents •

    • When asked in Helsinki, Trump said he believed the KGB Colonel -- Vladimir Vladimirovich Putin •

  2. #2
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    06-04-18 @ 11:18 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    43,839

    Re: Poll: Trump's approval rating makes him least popular first-year president on record

    Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Valley View Post
    He is also the one that has been most active that I can remember.

  3. #3
    Sage
    Captain Adverse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Mid-West USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:11 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    9,652
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Poll: Trump's approval rating makes him least popular first-year president on record

    Soooo, again his approval rating among those who support him has not changed...

    ...and yet again someone who disapproves is hyping his disapproval rating.

    Yet he remains the President unless removed for "high crimes and misdemeanors."

    If that happens...well and good.

    Until then? We already know the continued propaganda campaign solidifies a negative rating for people who already disapproved or were undecided.
    If I stop responding it doesn't mean I've conceded the point or agree with you. It only means I've made my point and I don't mind you having the last word. Please wait a few minutes before "quoting" me. I often correct errors for a minute or two after I post before the final product is ready.

  4. #4
    Jokes Are a Cry For Help.
    CMPancake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    4,356
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Poll: Trump's approval rating makes him least popular first-year president on record

    Quote Originally Posted by joG View Post
    He is also the one that has been most active that I can remember.
    The most active golfer maybe.
    The GOP loves standards. They love standards so much, they got two of them.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    I say that he [Trump] is the most honest guy to come down the pike in a very long while.

  5. #5
    Sage
    Perotista's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,564
    Blog Entries
    35

    Re: Poll: Trump's approval rating makes him least popular first-year president on record

    Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Valley View Post
    According to RCP averages, Trump's approval is at 37.1%

    https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ep...oval-6179.html

    Seven presidents since FDR at one time or another had a lower approval rating that what Trump does now. Even Obama came close with his low at 38%. Here's the list.

    Obama Highest 69% Lowest 38% Average 47.9%
    Bush (G.W.) Highest 90% Lowest 25% Average 49.4%
    Clinton Highest 73% Lowest 37% Average 55.1%
    Bush (G.H.W.) Highest 89% Lowest 29% Average 60.9%
    Reagan Highest 68% lowest 35% Average 52.8%
    Carter Highest 75% Lowest 28% Average 45.5%
    Ford Highest 71% Lowest 37% Average 47.2%
    Nixon Highest 67% Lowest 24% Average 49.1%
    Johnson Highest 79% Lowest 35% Average 55.1%
    Kennedy Highest 83% Lowest 56% Average 70.1%
    Eisenhower Highest 79% Lowest 48% Average 65.0%
    Truman Highest 87% Lowest 22% Average 45.4%
    Roosevelt Highest 84% Lowest 48% No average available as approval ratings began in 1937 and FDR took office in March of 1933.

    Trump is unique in that he started off at 44% and has dropped steadily, slowly down to 37%. That's probably because the Democrats set out to destroy him the day after the election. They never gave him a chance like all other presidents up to Trump have been. Look at where these presidents began their first term on the first day in office.

    Trump 44%
    Obama 65%
    G.W. Bush 57%
    Bill Clinton 58%
    G.H.W. Bush 63%
    Reagan 57%
    Carter 70%
    Ford 71%
    Nixon 62%
    LBJ 77%
    JFK 72%
    Eisenhower 69%
    Truman 87%

    Huge difference between Trump and all the other presidents.
    This Reform Party member thinks it is high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first and their political party further down the line. But for way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.

  6. #6
    Sage
    Crosscheck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:57 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,871

    Re: Poll: Trump's approval rating makes him least popular first-year president on record

    Quote Originally Posted by Perotista View Post
    That's probably because the Democrats set out to destroy him the day after the election. .
    I think you are giving the Democrats too much credit. Trump has done more to put himself in negative light than any Dem could.

    His performance is no different than his show Celebrity Apprentice with all the has-beens bickering with each other.

    Trump fit in well with the likes of Gary Busey and Arsenio Hall.

    Send them all back to Hollywood.

  7. #7
    Sage
    KevinKohler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    CT
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,612
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Poll: Trump's approval rating makes him least popular first-year president on record

    Quote Originally Posted by Perotista View Post
    According to RCP averages, Trump's approval is at 37.1%

    https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ep...oval-6179.html

    Seven presidents since FDR at one time or another had a lower approval rating that what Trump does now. Even Obama came close with his low at 38%. Here's the list.

    Obama Highest 69% Lowest 38% Average 47.9%
    Bush (G.W.) Highest 90% Lowest 25% Average 49.4%
    Clinton Highest 73% Lowest 37% Average 55.1%
    Bush (G.H.W.) Highest 89% Lowest 29% Average 60.9%
    Reagan Highest 68% lowest 35% Average 52.8%
    Carter Highest 75% Lowest 28% Average 45.5%
    Ford Highest 71% Lowest 37% Average 47.2%
    Nixon Highest 67% Lowest 24% Average 49.1%
    Johnson Highest 79% Lowest 35% Average 55.1%
    Kennedy Highest 83% Lowest 56% Average 70.1%
    Eisenhower Highest 79% Lowest 48% Average 65.0%
    Truman Highest 87% Lowest 22% Average 45.4%
    Roosevelt Highest 84% Lowest 48% No average available as approval ratings began in 1937 and FDR took office in March of 1933.

    Trump is unique in that he started off at 44% and has dropped steadily, slowly down to 37%. That's probably because the Democrats set out to destroy him the day after the election. They never gave him a chance like all other presidents up to Trump have been. Look at where these presidents began their first term on the first day in office.

    Trump 44%
    Obama 65%
    G.W. Bush 57%
    Bill Clinton 58%
    G.H.W. Bush 63%
    Reagan 57%
    Carter 70%
    Ford 71%
    Nixon 62%
    LBJ 77%
    JFK 72%
    Eisenhower 69%
    Truman 87%

    Huge difference between Trump and all the other presidents.
    Eh.......republicrats set out to destroy Obama from about day one. Seems more rabid this year, true. But...the Republican Party is ON RECORD as stating their mission of making Obama a one term president. That's fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Reports indicate that everyone knew he was hauling a bunch of guns up there. But, since you brought it up, there's something which should be illegal: guns that breakdown.

  8. #8
    Guru
    Carleen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    4,139

    Re: Poll: Trump's approval rating makes him least popular first-year president on record

    Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Valley View Post
    No one should be surprised by this. His reputation preceded his running for president if you were paying attention.
    "Being President doesn't change who you are, it reveals who you are"

  9. #9
    Sage

    Rexedgar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    8,455

    Re: Poll: Trump's approval rating makes him least popular first-year president on record

    That pesky “Presidential Pivot” never materialized.......


    Just heard a talking head on the tv addressing the Omarosa (sp?) termination, the reporter stated that “it might not have been the best idea to appoint a reality show contestant to a senior position in the White House.” Now who could they have been talking about?
    Everyone appreciates your honesty, until you are honest with them. Then you are an asshole. George Carlin

  10. #10
    Sage
    cuban smokes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Midwest USA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,652

    Re: Poll: Trump's approval rating makes him least popular first-year president on record

    Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Valley View Post

    I really do not care about so called approval ratings but I will say one thing: Trump is a very self absorbed, extremely angry, very bitter, self loathing jackass ................. there ............ I said it ............
    **** it; I don't give a **** ..........

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •