Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122
Results 211 to 220 of 220

Thread: The Horrible Truth about Barack Obama's Presidency

  1. #211
    Educator veritas1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Old Line State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    800

    Re: The Horrible Truth about Barack Obama's Presidency

    Quote Originally Posted by Sampson Simpson View Post
    ****ing christ, you need to work on your trolling, this is just pathetic
    Have anything intelligent to add? I'm guessing you don't.

  2. #212
    Educator veritas1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Old Line State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    800

    Re: The Horrible Truth about Barack Obama's Presidency

    Quote Originally Posted by ultmd View Post
    1 So now that I corrected the record on what was ACTUALLY said in it, you no longer want to "rehash" the Starbucks thread, huh? That is pretty funny, given that you're the one who told the initial LIE (about me calling someone "delusional" in the Starbucks thread) in the first place. This just shows, yet again, the wisdom of the old quote from former USSC Justice Louis Brandeis, who famously noted that "Sunlight/Truth is the best disinfectant".

    2. There was nothing subjective about the FACT that in a Starbucks filled with white patrons.......many of whom were also guilty of the offense of "sitting without buying".......... the ONLY people asked to leave were the only 2 black men in the place. Several eye witnesses....as well as the CEO of Starbucks, himself....have attested to those details. So that leaves right wing ideologues like you as the only people who don't see the apparent racism in this incident.

    3. "they all do at all times"?....this is a classic STRAWMAN argument. No one....NO ONE.....other than YOU, has EVER stated (or even implied) that black people face discrimination every second of every day of their lives. So why would you even attempt to pass that off as the views of ANYONE in that thread? What almost EVERYONE can see is that THIS instance was a fairly clear example of racial bias. And it really doesn't matter if the bias was explicit or implicit. The results are the same: 2 black men were singled out, needlessly harassed, and ultimately arrested....for doing the same thing as several white patrons in that Starbucks that day. And your inability to grasp that basic, bottom line FACT....this is why people are so dismissive of your arguments, which tend to be full of emotion and fake news/facts (as above), and very short on honesty and common sense.

    4. Enforcing the Rules. Of course, there is a HUGE (and obvious) problem with this simplistic argument. "The rules" as put in place by the manager of that store were NOT being enforced equally. They were used to remove black patrons, while allowing white patrons to "sit without buying" without being asked to leave. Anyone with a modicum of objectivity should be able to see that. But not you.
    You apparently can't read very well.

    1. You corrected nothing. You offered opinions. Secondly, I gave you the exact posts where you called a black conservative poster deluded. He asked you to explain and you ran away. You're trying to do it now as well.

    2. Hey, you got something right. "Apparent racism" you said. Since when do we punish people for what is only apparent?

    3. This incident was a clear example of racial bias to YOU. Since you have a grossly inflated opinion of yourself, you assume that this must be correct. Yet, you in no way have shown that the manager acted based solely on the race of the two men. You have simply assumed it based on circumstances. Starbucks, likewise, caved in due to such assumptions whipped up by the media.

    4. I see. So there was a pattern in that store of removing black patrons or not serving them? Funny that it wasn't detected long before now if that is the case. Yet, since it happened this one time you assume that race was the reason. My response is that it COULD have been the reason but there is no way to say it in this case. But, it's so much easier to throw the manager under the bus than risk boycotts and the like, I guess.

  3. #213
    Educator
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    621

    Re: The Horrible Truth about Barack Obama's Presidency

    Quote Originally Posted by veritas1 View Post
    You apparently can't read very well.

    1. You corrected nothing. You offered opinions. Secondly, I gave you the exact posts where you called a black conservative poster deluded. He asked you to explain and you ran away. You're trying to do it now as well.

    2. Hey, you got something right. "Apparent racism" you said. Since when do we punish people for what is only apparent?

    3. This incident was a clear example of racial bias to YOU. Since you have a grossly inflated opinion of yourself, you assume that this must be correct. Yet, you in no way have shown that the manager acted based solely on the race of the two men. You have simply assumed it based on circumstances. Starbucks, likewise, caved in due to such assumptions whipped up by the media.

    4. I see. So there was a pattern in that store of removing black patrons or not serving them? Funny that it wasn't detected long before now if that is the case. Yet, since it happened this one time you assume that race was the reason. My response is that it COULD have been the reason but there is no way to say it in this case. But, it's so much easier to throw the manager under the bus than risk boycotts and the like, I guess.
    1. LOL, my reading comprehension is not in question. Your veracity, however, very much IS. There is no misunderstanding about what I said (and did not say) in that thread. If you disagree with that...and you can't even find the quote of me saying "delusional" (and you KNOW you cannot)....then you are lying. Full stop. It's really no more complicated than that.

    2. Your ability to contextualize is, at best, selective. At worst, you're just not a very honest person. In this case, the use of "apparent" would be synonymous with "clear", "obvious", "manifest", "evident", etc. The racism in this incident was apparent. That's why the entire store was wondering aloud why they were being confronted and arrested. That's why the CEO of Starbucks has acknowledged as much, apologized, and pledged to enact new company-wide policies. That's why almost EVERYONE (other than a minority of right wing dead-enders with entitlement issues) is in agreement about this incident.

    3. Yes, to me...and to most Americans. In this case, as in most cases, you are the outlier....the extremist....the "winger". What you call "caving", because of your entitlement/resentment issues, Starbucks' CEO recognizes as "accountability". You desperately need to believe that some version of your stupid "liberal media" conspiracy theories (in this case, that the CEO is reacting to media pressure and not out of personal integrity and good business practices). Regardless, it really doesn't matter what people like you think. Unlike a lot of right wingers, some people recognize that ignoring racism only emboldens more racism. And most reasonable people see the racism in this incident. That you don't, is somewhat telling about you.

    4. I said nothing about a pattern. Neither is any kind of "pattern" required. I said that the manager was obviously not enforcing her "store policy" equally, because the ONLY people asked to leave.....the ONLY people denied bathroom access......the ONLY people she called the police on...........the ONLY people who were harassed, humiliated and arrested for "sitting without buying"..........were the ONLY 2 black men in that store. So....Take a deep breath, let go of your suppressed rage, and just re-read my comments. The facts of this case were APPARENT (there goes that pesky word again) to most rational people. And people like you trivialize your own professed beliefs in "values" when you try to rationalize, apologize and ignore clear and APPARENT examples of racial bias, like the Starbucks store incident.
    Last edited by ultmd; 05-17-18 at 05:12 PM.

  4. #214
    Educator veritas1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Old Line State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    800

    Re: The Horrible Truth about Barack Obama's Presidency

    Quote Originally Posted by ultmd View Post
    1. LOL, my reading comprehension is not in question. Your veracity, however, very much IS. There is no misunderstanding about what I said (and did not say) in that thread. If you disagree with that...and you can't even find the quote of me saying "delusional" (and you KNOW you cannot)....then you are lying. Full stop. It's really no more complicated than that.

    2. Your ability to contextualize is, at best, selective. At worst, you're just not a very honest person. In this case, the use of "apparent" would be synonymous with "clear", "obvious", "manifest", "evident", etc. The racism in this incident was apparent. That's why the entire store was wondering aloud why they were being confronted and arrested. That's why the CEO of Starbucks has acknowledged as much, apologized, and pledged to enact new company-wide policies. That's why almost EVERYONE (other than a minority of right wing dead-enders with entitlement issues) is in agreement about this incident.

    3. Yes, to me...and to most Americans. In this case, as in most cases, you are the outlier....the extremist....the "winger". What you call "caving", because of your entitlement/resentment issues, Starbucks' CEO recognizes as "accountability". You desperately need to believe that some version of your stupid "liberal media" conspiracy theories (in this case, that the CEO is reacting to media pressure and not out of personal integrity and good business practices). Regardless, it really doesn't matter what people like you think. Unlike a lot of right wingers, some people recognize that ignoring racism only emboldens more racism. And most reasonable people see the racism in this incident. That you don't, is somewhat telling about you.

    4. I said nothing about a pattern. Neither is any kind of "pattern" required. I said that the manager was obviously not enforcing her "store policy" equally, because the ONLY people asked to leave.....the ONLY people denied bathroom access......the ONLY people she called the police on...........the ONLY people who were harassed, humiliated and arrested for "sitting without buying"..........were the ONLY 2 black men in that store. So....Take a deep breath, let go of your suppressed rage, and just re-read my comments. The facts of this case were APPARENT (there goes that pesky word again) to most rational people. And people like you trivialize your own professed beliefs in "values" when you try to rationalize, apologize and ignore clear and APPARENT examples of racial bias, like the Starbucks store incident.
    I'm not going to argue the Starbucks case anymore. You'll always see only what you want to see so no sense beating that dead horse. As for your impugning of my honesty, I most certainly do take issue with that. I see you've fallen back on parsing words since you said the other poster was "in denial" and "perpetuating white victmhood" and he responded by asking you in what way he was "deluded" In Post #798 when he asked you how he was deluded, you said "Please, do tell". So, obviously, you think he's deluded but apparently either can't express or are unwilling to express in what way he is deluded. I'm wondering why the reluctance when you scribble on ad nauseum about every other topic.

  5. #215
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    3,313

    Re: The Horrible Truth about Barack Obama's Presidency

    Quote Originally Posted by Casca XV View Post
    Obama was still president for a small part of 2017 Obama was president and he had GDP down to 1.2%. that is why 2017 did not average 3% or better. From 2nd quarter 2017 on it has been averaging about 3%.
    So, as soon as a president takes office he generates magical GDP energy. You think economics is magic and presidents are wizards.

    Conservatives have been wrong at every point.

    1. They were wrong when they said the Bush tax cuts would pay for themselves.
    2. They were wrong when they said we should let American auto industry go into bankruptcy.
    3. They were wrong that the stimulus wouldn't work
    4. They were wrong when they complained about quantitative easing under Obama.
    5. They were wrong when the predicted a double-dip recession because of Obama.

    Now Trump is trying to Bush tax cuts again.

  6. #216
    Educator
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    621

    Re: The Horrible Truth about Barack Obama's Presidency

    Quote Originally Posted by veritas1 View Post
    I'm not going to argue the Starbucks case anymore.
    That's probably the smarter move, at this point.


    As for your impugning of my honesty, I most certainly do take issue with that.
    Funny, considering your penchant for "impugning" others, yourself. Here's a suggestion for you, and you can take it or leave it. If you are going to be sensitive about having your veracity (or intellect, etc.) "impugned" by others......don't impugn them in any way similar. That should keep you from having to "take issue" with others. Otherwise, grow a thicker skin.



    I see you've fallen back on parsing words since you said the other poster was "in denial" and "perpetuating white victmhood" and he responded by asking you in what way he was "deluded" In Post #798 when he asked you how he was deluded, you said "Please, do tell". So, obviously, you think he's deluded but apparently either can't express or are unwilling to express in what way he is deluded. I'm wondering why the reluctance when you scribble on ad nauseum about every other topic.
    1. Wow, only 2 SENTENCES ago you declared that you were done with that thread. Now, you're back to it. And you wonder why I say you are an emotional poster?
    2. It was not my responsibility to educate you, but I did it anyway. I explained to you that being "in denial" is NOT the same as being "delusional". Those are NOT synonyms, and it really doesn't matter if you (or your friend) understand that, or not.
    3. The only "obvious" thing going on here is that you don't understand much of what you talk about on this board. And I will not assume any responsibility for coddling ignorance among those who CHOOSE to avoid or ignore (i.e. are "in denial", but NOT necessarily "delusional") FACTS in order to feed their own ideological biases and insecurities.

  7. #217
    Sage
    Moderate Right's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Kentucky
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    24,312

    Re: The Horrible Truth about Barack Obama's Presidency

    Quote Originally Posted by Tanngrisnir View Post
    The only terrible truth here is that some people are pathologically obsessed with the man.
    LOL. Says one of the lefties on here who is pathologically obsessed with Trump.

  8. #218
    Visual Opportunist
    Tanngrisnir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,903

    Re: The Horrible Truth about Barack Obama's Presidency

    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    LOL. Says one of the lefties on here who is pathologically obsessed with Trump.
    That's an odd thing for a Marxist like you to post.
    Well, he see this one particularly hot chick and not does she bag he slackjawed, but he lets a "Whoa" slip out

  9. #219
    Educator veritas1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Old Line State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    800

    Re: The Horrible Truth about Barack Obama's Presidency

    Quote Originally Posted by ultmd View Post
    That's probably the smarter move, at this point.




    Funny, considering your penchant for "impugning" others, yourself. Here's a suggestion for you, and you can take it or leave it. If you are going to be sensitive about having your veracity (or intellect, etc.) "impugned" by others......don't impugn them in any way similar. That should keep you from having to "take issue" with others. Otherwise, grow a thicker skin.





    1. Wow, only 2 SENTENCES ago you declared that you were done with that thread. Now, you're back to it. And you wonder why I say you are an emotional poster?
    2. It was not my responsibility to educate you, but I did it anyway. I explained to you that being "in denial" is NOT the same as being "delusional". Those are NOT synonyms, and it really doesn't matter if you (or your friend) understand that, or not.
    3. The only "obvious" thing going on here is that you don't understand much of what you talk about on this board. And I will not assume any responsibility for coddling ignorance among those who CHOOSE to avoid or ignore (i.e. are "in denial", but NOT necessarily "delusional") FACTS in order to feed their own ideological biases and insecurities.
    I told you the reason I wasn't going to argue about Starbucks and that is because you are immune to anything other than the sound of your own voice. Opinions different from yours are dismissed as "emotion". That must make it very convenient for you indeed. No need to examine your own position, just brush off the other argument as one born of emotion or, better yet "dishonesty".

    Secondly, my responding to you attempting to weasel out of what you told the other poster is not a rehashing of the Starbucks case details. It is calling you out for denying what it's obvious you said and for now not manning up and admitting it or explaining yourself. What's really humorous is that you probably consider yourself free of "ideological biases" while using this claim to attack others.

    Lastly, I understand perfectly. I've been dealing with self important, dismissive liberals like you on these types of boards for years. Lots of talking in circles and attacking the other guy and not much to back up their claims. This is nothing new.
    Last edited by veritas1; 05-17-18 at 08:07 PM.

  10. #220
    Mr. Professional
    Mensch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Last Seen
    05-19-18 @ 07:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,710
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: The Horrible Truth about Barack Obama's Presidency

    Quote Originally Posted by Casca XV View Post
    Feel free to specify anything I got wrong?
    You didnít mention anything specific to begin with.

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •