Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415
Results 141 to 146 of 146

Thread: Lawmakers warn judges ruling on travel bans against exceeding power

  1. #141
    Guru

    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    In the Land of Fruits and Nuts
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    4,226

    Re: Lawmakers warn judges ruling on travel bans against exceeding power

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    As I understand it, the courts are dealing with a fairly new situation where the motivation for the executive order is on public record even if that motive isn't written directly into the EO itself. If Trump makes an executive order than only targets Muslim countries, and goes onto the public record quite clearly that this is a ban on Muslims, why shouldn't the judges take the totality of that information into account? I don't know if there's a precedent for this because, before Trump, most politicians haven't been so stupid as he has in telegraphing his true intentions.
    In Trumps case, the judge used campaign language as part of his basis for interpreting the intent of the E.O. Using this logic, the judge has single handedly determined that everything trump campaigned on is poison, and everything the does is "fruit of the poison tree."

    This is lunacy. A judge is supposed to rule on the evidence presented, not campaign language.

    An appellate judge this incompetent should be impeached.
    With the anti-Trump baseball shooting, the left has apparently gone live-fire"
    It's hard to match the burning, visceral hate a liberal can bring to bear.

  2. #142
    Awesome Possum

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    30,289

    Re: Lawmakers warn judges ruling on travel bans against exceeding power

    Quote Originally Posted by chuckiechan View Post
    In Trumps case, the judge used campaign language as part of his basis for interpreting the intent of the E.O. Using this logic, the judge has single handedly determined that everything trump campaigned on is poison, and everything the does is "fruit of the poison tree."

    This is lunacy. A judge is supposed to rule on the evidence presented, not campaign language.
    Why do you say that?

    Quote Originally Posted by chuckiechan View Post
    An appellate judge this incompetent should be impeached.

  3. #143
    Educator
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    835

    Re: Lawmakers warn judges ruling on travel bans against exceeding power

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    Well if that's the objective then obviously the executive order fails about as miserably as humanly possible.
    As it is thus an issue of national security, it thus succeeds. The judiciary has no role or competency in such a role of government-- balance of power and all that.

  4. #144
    Awesome Possum

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    30,289

    Re: Lawmakers warn judges ruling on travel bans against exceeding power

    Quote Originally Posted by Athanasius68 View Post
    As it is thus an issue of national security, it thus succeeds. The judiciary has no role or competency in such a role of government-- balance of power and all that.
    The executive order doesn't address the threat it's it was supposedly intended to address, therefore it's a success.

    Hooooooooooooo....kayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.

  5. #145
    Educator
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    835

    Re: Lawmakers warn judges ruling on travel bans against exceeding power

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    The executive order doesn't address the threat it's it was supposedly intended to address, therefore it's a success.

    Hooooooooooooo....kayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.
    Maybe so. Maybe not.
    Doesn't really matter. The courts certainly lack the knowledge to decide either way.

  6. #146
    Guru

    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    In the Land of Fruits and Nuts
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    4,226

    Re: Lawmakers warn judges ruling on travel bans against exceeding power

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    Why do you say that?
    Because when a trial judge goes off the rails you can go to the appellate, but if the appellate is off the rails, SCOTUS is your only hope. You cannot afford to have excessive incompetence at that level because for all intents and purposes, you are denied justice.
    With the anti-Trump baseball shooting, the left has apparently gone live-fire"
    It's hard to match the burning, visceral hate a liberal can bring to bear.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •