Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 23

Thread: Craigslist Personal Adds illegal now

  1. #11
    Temp Suspended
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Last Seen
    08-21-19 @ 11:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    8,163
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Craigslist Personal Adds illegal now

    Quote Originally Posted by Beaudreaux View Post
    Link?

    Didn’t think so.
    Link for what? Because of new law Craig's list shut down its Personals section. After shutting down their erotic services section with threats of prosecution, the working girls shifted their adds to the Personals section, now that's been closed, and Backpage which offered free classifieds for everything other than erotic ads has been seized, the owners prosecuted, and cutting plea deals. Where have you been?

    This is another grabbing and extension of government powers, in the name of morality. Yet show me a political convention not swamped by call girls making tons of money.

    What is next? Will it be the books you order on the net, they style of clothes you order, the car parts? What you think?

  2. #12
    Educator
    Mizzy22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Last Seen
    08-16-19 @ 09:28 PM
    Gender
    Posts
    1,146

    Re: Craigslist Personal Adds illegal now

    Quote Originally Posted by Superfly View Post
    Does your wife know you are out looking for women on Craigslist?

    Do you think she would approve?
    The point is freedoms are being taken away!
    Nice try with the assumptons!
    Oh!There are no personals on Craigslist!
    That's why I started the thread!

  3. #13
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:20 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,552

    Re: Craigslist Personal Adds illegal now

    Quote Originally Posted by Praxas View Post
    They aren’t illegal, Craigslist will just take them down. That isn’t illegal. Looks like those that used mail order brides are upset.

    https://www.google.com/amp/www.daily...ll-passes.html
    Is that not how we acquired the First Lady? Its a corporate decision, though other web sites will fill in the void left by CL censorship.
    And when you’re a star, they let you do it. You can do anything. Grab them by the p**sy. You can do anything." –Donald Trump

  4. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    A country liberals hate. America.
    Last Seen
    12-28-18 @ 10:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    11,166

    Re: Craigslist Personal Adds illegal now

    Quote Originally Posted by yankintx View Post
    Is that not how we acquired the First Lady? Its a corporate decision, though other web sites will fill in the void left by CL censorship.
    Was Michelle from Kenya?

  5. #15
    Sage

    Common Sense 1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    7,385

    Re: Craigslist Personal Adds illegal now

    Quote Originally Posted by Mizzy22 View Post
    Four years ago I placed a personal add on
    Craigslist looking for a wife.
    Met a nice country Lady.
    Who is my wife now.
    Congress has passed a law forbidding
    these adds from Craigslist and other internet sites.
    Legislating Morality,from this ungodly administration lead by a pervert.
    Call your congress person if you are upset about finding a new wife.

    Passed the House by recorded vote: 388 - 25 (Roll no. 91).

    Passed Senate without amendment by Yea-Nay Vote. 97 - 2. Record Vote Number: 60.
    You might as well FedEx the election to Donald Trump,” Hickenlooper said when asked by CNN’s Jake Tapper if Sanders’s embrace of the “democratic socialist” label makes him unelectable.

  6. #16
    Sage
    FreedomFromAll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    New Mexico USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    15,023

    Re: Craigslist Personal Adds illegal now

    Quote Originally Posted by Mizzy22 View Post
    Your post highlights my point,the law has intimidated Craigslist,from having personals.
    Limits my choices.
    Suppose I don't want to go to "another website"?
    Craigslist is known for prostitution and worse as the result of their service. They already have a legal liability to worry about. So of coarse they quit providing personal adds.

    But that was a legal decision on their part. What this law does is forces private companies to police their own services. Something that they should have been doing all along. I would rather it be that way rather than a government agency doing it. It is the responsibility of the business to put roadblocks up to prevent things like sex trafficking.

  7. #17
    Preserve Protect Defend
    Beaudreaux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    veni, vidi, volo - now back in NC
    Last Seen
    04-09-19 @ 07:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,233

    Re: Craigslist Personal Adds illegal now

    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Link for what? Because of new law Craig's list shut down its Personals section. After shutting down their erotic services section with threats of prosecution, the working girls shifted their adds to the Personals section, now that's been closed, and Backpage which offered free classifieds for everything other than erotic ads has been seized, the owners prosecuted, and cutting plea deals. Where have you been?

    This is another grabbing and extension of government powers, in the name of morality. Yet show me a political convention not swamped by call girls making tons of money.

    What is next? Will it be the books you order on the net, they style of clothes you order, the car parts? What you think?
    What link? Seriously?

    Want to start a thread that is based on a story, or article, or law? Put a link in the OP to the story, or article, or law so that other members can determine if the claim is even true, if the OP is at least accurate, or if the other members determine they may disagree with the claims made in the OP, such as already happened in this thread in posts 3 and 5.

    Now, as to the claim regarding a Freedom of Speech violation by Congress: The US Constitution gives Congress has the power to regulate interstate commerce - ironically called the Commerce Clause - so there's no "grabbing and extension of government powers, in the name of morality." So, unless you're buying a woman for whatever reason, rather than just looking for a date as the OP claims, then Congress has the power to regulate that activity since buying a woman would be commerce (not to mention human trafficking - prostitution - slavery).

    If you guys are bent out of shape about being prevented by Congress from conducting human trafficking, then this thread just got real interesting.
    Last edited by Beaudreaux; 04-29-18 at 11:27 AM.
    Everything in your life is a reflection of a choice you have made. If you want a different result, don't blame someone else, or expect others to make a change, you should stop complaining and make a different choice. Remember, the circumstances of your birth don't determine the outcome of your life.

  8. #18
    Proud Mean Girl
    Superfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Blue Dot in a Red State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    32,480

    Re: Craigslist Personal Adds illegal now

    Quote Originally Posted by Mizzy22 View Post
    The point is freedoms are being taken away!
    Nice try with the assumptons!
    Oh!There are no personals on Craigslist!
    That's why I started the thread!
    So why are you looking for personals on Craigslist?

    If you want to cheat on your wife, here's somewhere to go.

    https://www.ashleymadison.com/
    "When someone shows you who they are, believe them the first time." ~ Maya Angelou

  9. #19
    Sage
    ThoughtEx.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    North America
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:30 AM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,113

    Re: Craigslist Personal Adds illegal now

    If your upset about losing Craigslist personals, then use fetlife.com , the overwhelming majority of women on there are not prostitutes. It's like facebook for sex. Me and the wife and girlfriend use it to set up group events about twice a year. And to find the occasional extra.

    And if your worried about not finding prostitutes, pony up the extra cash and use an escort service. Less chance of catching something anyway.

  10. #20
    Temp Suspended
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Last Seen
    08-21-19 @ 11:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    8,163
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Craigslist Personal Adds illegal now

    Quote Originally Posted by Beaudreaux View Post
    What link? Seriously?

    Want to start a thread that is based on a story, or article, or law? Put a link in the OP to the story, or article, or law so that other members can determine if the claim is even true, if the OP is at least accurate, or if the other members determine they may disagree with the claims made in the OP, such as already happened in this thread in posts 3 and 5.

    Now, as to the claim regarding a Freedom of Speech violation by Congress: The US Constitution gives Congress has the power to regulate interstate commerce - ironically called the Commerce Clause - so there's no "grabbing and extension of government powers, in the name of morality." So, unless you're buying a woman for whatever reason, rather than just looking for a date as the OP claims, then Congress has the power to regulate that activity since buying a woman would be commerce (not to mention human trafficking - prostitution - slavery).

    If you guys are bent out of shape about being prevented by Congress from conducting human trafficking, then this thread just got real interesting.
    Yadda, yadda, you're late to the party, this is the third thread on this matter.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •