Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 63

Thread: Teacher loses right of appeal

  1. #21
    Sage
    rabbitcaebannog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Last Seen
    06-13-18 @ 05:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,930

    Re: Teacher loses right of appeal

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    What does exactly? What facts in this article leads you to believe that what happened with that teacher "makes us look pathetic"? Please do tell.
    The whole thing was handled horribly: We are appalled by the treatment of Mr Miah and are demanding an explanation. The matter has also been raised with our local Member of Parliament.

    No satisfactory reason has been provided for refusing entry to the United States – either at the airport in Iceland or subsequently at the US Embassy in Reykjavik.

    Mr Miah attempted to visit the Embassy; but was denied access to the building.

    Understandably he feels belittled and upset at what appears to be an unjustified act of discrimination.

    – NEATH PORT TALBOT COUNCIL SPOKESPERSON
    Last edited by rabbitcaebannog; 02-26-17 at 05:19 AM.

  2. #22
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    35,868
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Teacher loses right of appeal

    Quote Originally Posted by rabbitcaebannog View Post
    The whole thing was handled horribly: We are appalled by the treatment of Mr Miah and are demanding an explanation. The matter has also been raised with our local Member of Parliament.

    No satisfactory reason has been provided for refusing entry to the United States – either at the airport in Iceland or subsequently at the US Embassy in Reykjavik.

    Mr Miah attempted to visit the Embassy; but was denied access to the building.

    Understandably he feels belittled and upset at what appears to be an unjustified act of discrimination.

    – NEATH PORT TALBOT COUNCIL SPOKESPERSON
    Still does not say why.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  3. #23
    Sage
    rabbitcaebannog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Last Seen
    06-13-18 @ 05:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,930

    Re: Teacher loses right of appeal

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    Still does not say why.
    As far as I'm concerned, I don't care about the why. This is just plain ridiculous.

  4. #24
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:39 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    34,326

    Re: Teacher loses right of appeal

    Quote Originally Posted by rabbitcaebannog View Post
    As far as I'm concerned, I don't care about the why. This is just plain ridiculous.
    Anyone can be refused entry for any reason whether you like it or not.
    The cbp has always has that power.

    There is no appeal because he doesn't have that right in the airport. He was not in the US.

  5. #25
    Sage
    rabbitcaebannog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Last Seen
    06-13-18 @ 05:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,930

    Re: Teacher loses right of appeal

    If I get pulled over from a police officer (for whatever reason) he must tell me why. He can't just take away my right to drive and leave me hanging for xxx amount of time. Would we ever question taking such a right away? There are legal parameters police officers have to work within for the purpose of checks and balances of power. If you gave them free reign to pull people over for whatever reason without disclosure we all know what that would create- A police state.

    IMO, the CBP is way overstepping it's bounds if they can take away someone's right of flight and say nothing. People should at the very least be given a reason. I think the reason they don't want to tell you is so they can arbitrarily do what they want without any real limits. I find it awful.

  6. #26
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    35,868
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Teacher loses right of appeal

    Quote Originally Posted by rabbitcaebannog View Post
    As far as I'm concerned, I don't care about the why. This is just plain ridiculous.
    Facts don't matter as long as you get to blame Trump? Gotcha.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  7. #27
    Sage
    rabbitcaebannog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Last Seen
    06-13-18 @ 05:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,930

    Re: Teacher loses right of appeal

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    Facts don't matter as long as you get to blame Trump? Gotcha.
    Did I blame Trump? I don't know if this has any direct connection to him. I am saying what was done here is pathetic.

  8. #28
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    35,868
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Teacher loses right of appeal

    Quote Originally Posted by rabbitcaebannog View Post
    Did I blame Trump? I don't know if this has any direct connection to him. I am saying what was done here is pathetic.
    I see. A misunderstanding on my part. I apologize if that is the case.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  9. #29
    Sage
    jet57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    not here
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:43 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    27,635

    Re: Teacher loses right of appeal

    Quote Originally Posted by Manc Skipper View Post
    A UK teacher was taken off the plane on which he was escorting British pupils on a visit to the USA. He's English born, brought up in Wales, and has never visited any of the listed countries. The only logical reason for a valid visa-holder being ejected from the flight is that his given name is Mohammed.

    Welsh high school teacher on class trip kicked off flight to US despite holding valid visa | Wales - ITV News

    He was actually half-way there in Iceland, where they had a one-day educational stopover, when he was "randomly" stopped, searched, and even let aboard the plane with his fellow teachers and pupils, before being removed. He was given no reason.
    Other countries handle things the way they want to. If you're going to blame discrimination, then we have to blame the Muslims themselves for not stepping up to the plate and dissuading people of the notion that Muslims by and large are in a jihad. I know how that sounds, but too many people are just ignorant and that's how discrimination spreads.
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    Kids who want to end our rights as a stupid reaction to a traumatic event shouldn't be cut any slack. Can you imagine the outcry if some kids who say were victimized by predatory priests came out and demanded laws banning homosexual sex?

  10. #30
    Sage
    jet57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    not here
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:43 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    27,635

    Re: Teacher loses right of appeal

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    What does exactly? What facts in this article leads you to believe that what happened with that teacher "makes us look pathetic"? Please do tell.
    Ignorance.
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    Kids who want to end our rights as a stupid reaction to a traumatic event shouldn't be cut any slack. Can you imagine the outcry if some kids who say were victimized by predatory priests came out and demanded laws banning homosexual sex?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •