Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 60

Thread: The EU is not a bunch of morons, Boris Johnson however is a moron

  1. #1
    Sage

    Peter King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Netherlands
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    22,036

    The EU is not a bunch of morons, Boris Johnson however is a moron

    According to the Dutch newspaper Boris Johnson is trying to weasel out of the deal he made with the EU about Northern Ireland. The Dutch newspaper is basing itself on anonymous sources from the Sunday Times.

    Northern Ireland officially will belong to the UK customs union but in practice it will follow the EU rules for trade.

    Johnson's Task Force Europe is working in secret on a plan to circumvent the made deal with the EU. The experts are looking for a loophole that would prevent customs checks between Northern Ireland and the rest of the UK. Suella Braverman, the current Advocate General for Northern Ireland is supposed to "create" a legal advise for the Johnson government that would justify breaking the deal with the EU.

    The previous Advocate General refused to work towards breaking the deal with the EU (knowing they would be seen as a violation of the standing deal) and thus was removed/sent packing.

    This will seriously hamper any chance of a deal with the EU before the end of the year because in no way will Ireland will ever agree to such a deal which would go against the Northern Ireland deal already made.

    The Netherlands and other EU countries are reaping the benefits from UK companies opening offices in the mainland of the EU/Ireland.
    Bette Midler tweeted: At his rally, Trump complained about Parasite winning the Oscar. Iím more upset that a parasite won the White House.

  2. #2
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:04 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,624

    Re: The EU is not a bunch of morons, Boris Johnson however is a moron

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter King View Post
    According to the Dutch newspaper Boris Johnson is trying to weasel out of the deal he made with the EU about Northern Ireland. The Dutch newspaper is basing itself on anonymous sources from the Sunday Times.

    Northern Ireland officially will belong to the UK customs union but in practice it will follow the EU rules for trade.

    Johnson's Task Force Europe is working in secret on a plan to circumvent the made deal with the EU. The experts are looking for a loophole that would prevent customs checks between Northern Ireland and the rest of the UK. Suella Braverman, the current Advocate General for Northern Ireland is supposed to "create" a legal advise for the Johnson government that would justify breaking the deal with the EU.

    The previous Advocate General refused to work towards breaking the deal with the EU (knowing they would be seen as a violation of the standing deal) and thus was removed/sent packing.

    This will seriously hamper any chance of a deal with the EU before the end of the year because in no way will Ireland will ever agree to such a deal which would go against the Northern Ireland deal already made.

    The Netherlands and other EU countries are reaping the benefits from UK companies opening offices in the mainland of the EU/Ireland.


    Brexit is the cutting of a lifeline that not everyone will suffer gladly.

  3. #3
    Minister of Love
    PoS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Oceania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    20,949

    Re: The EU is not a bunch of morons, Boris Johnson however is a moron

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter King View Post

    Northern Ireland officially will belong to the UK customs union but in practice it will follow the EU rules for trade.
    Thats ridiculous. NI is part of the UK so they will follow UK trade laws. If the EU thinks otherwise then yes, they are a bunch of morons.

  4. #4
    Sage

    Peter King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Netherlands
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    22,036

    Re: The EU is not a bunch of morons, Boris Johnson however is a moron

    Quote Originally Posted by PoS View Post
    Thats ridiculous. NI is part of the UK so they will follow UK trade laws. If the EU thinks otherwise then yes, they are a bunch of morons.
    No, ridiculous is to believe the UK can change THE DEAL that I spoke of. I do not think something, it was agreed upon during the withdrawal agreement because of the Northern Ireland peace deal.

    And no, the EU are not morons, they have made a deal and only the moron Johnson thinks he can weasel out of it. The Irish will never agree to what Johnson wants. The borders between Northern Ireland and Ireland HAVE to remain open. That is why this whole problem exists. Well that and the stupidity of the English brexitfools.
    Bette Midler tweeted: At his rally, Trump complained about Parasite winning the Oscar. Iím more upset that a parasite won the White House.

  5. #5
    Minister of Love
    PoS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Oceania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    20,949

    Re: The EU is not a bunch of morons, Boris Johnson however is a moron

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter King View Post
    No, ridiculous is to believe the UK can change THE DEAL that I spoke of. I do not think something, it was agreed upon during the withdrawal agreement because of the Northern Ireland peace deal.

    And no, the EU are not morons, they have made a deal and only the moron Johnson thinks he can weasel out of it. The Irish will never agree to what Johnson wants. The borders between Northern Ireland and Ireland HAVE to remain open. That is why this whole problem exists. Well that and the stupidity of the English brexitfools.
    Nope. NI is UK territory as Ive said- they are not beholden to any EU laws if they arent a part of it. So it looks like the EU really are a bunch of morons then lol.

  6. #6
    Sage

    Peter King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Netherlands
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    22,036

    Re: The EU is not a bunch of morons, Boris Johnson however is a moron

    Quote Originally Posted by PoS View Post
    Nope. NI is UK territory as Ive said- they are not beholden to any EU laws if they arent a part of it. So it looks like the EU really are a bunch of morons then lol.
    Yeah, except you don't know what you are talking about. This has to do with the Good Friday deal from 1988. Ireland and Northern Ireland are supposed to have free travel, something that does not work with a hard border. Hence the agreement between the UK and the EU about the borders remaining open.

    The Irish backstop is removed, and replaced by a new protocol on Northern Ireland/Republic of Ireland. In this, the whole of the UK comes out of the EU Customs Union as a single customs territory, with Northern Ireland included in any future UK trade deals. However, Northern Ireland adopts EU Single Market regulations on goods (including the EU VAT) in order to prevent a hard border and remains an entry point into the EU Customs Union.This leads to a de jure customs border on the island of Ireland, but a de facto customs border down the Irish Sea.
    This is from the withdrawal agreement between the UK and the EU. Johnson signed the deal with this protocol in it's text. So the EU is not a bunch of morons but Johnson clearly is if he believes the EU will change this agreement.
    Bette Midler tweeted: At his rally, Trump complained about Parasite winning the Oscar. Iím more upset that a parasite won the White House.

  7. #7
    Sage
    Chagos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    in expatria
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    24,085

    Re: The EU is not a bunch of morons, Boris Johnson however is a moron

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter King View Post
    Yeah, except you don't know what you are talking about. This has to do with the Good Friday deal from 1988. Ireland and Northern Ireland are supposed to have free travel, something that does not work with a hard border. Hence the agreement between the UK and the EU about the borders remaining open.



    This is from the withdrawal agreement between the UK and the EU. Johnson signed the deal with this protocol in it's text. So the EU is not a bunch of morons but Johnson clearly is if he believes the EU will change this agreement.
    Just to say that you're really wasting your time here on skewed logic derived from total lack of factuality of statements made.

    Whether these posts are made intentionally to get a rise out of others, or whether they simply arise out of utter ignorance doesn't really matter.

    In either case they're not worth debating.

    Your point (as quoted above) stands, moronic hogwash lies, as can be seen, elsewhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by coldjoint View Post
    ~......................... I fully expect you to disappear ............~

  8. #8
    Minister of Love
    PoS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Oceania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    20,949

    Re: The EU is not a bunch of morons, Boris Johnson however is a moron

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter King View Post
    Yeah, except you don't know what you are talking about. This has to do with the Good Friday deal from 1988. Ireland and Northern Ireland are supposed to have free travel, something that does not work with a hard border. Hence the agreement between the UK and the EU about the borders remaining open.



    This is from the withdrawal agreement between the UK and the EU. Johnson signed the deal with this protocol in it's text. So the EU is not a bunch of morons but Johnson clearly is if he believes the EU will change this agreement.
    UK sovereignty is above all that. The idiots at the EU and their moronic supporters are gonna have to bend over and take it. Go Boris!

  9. #9
    Sage
    PeteEU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Denmark
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,590

    Re: The EU is not a bunch of morons, Boris Johnson however is a moron

    Quote Originally Posted by PoS View Post
    UK sovereignty is above all that. The idiots at the EU and their moronic supporters are gonna have to bend over and take it. Go Boris!
    UK sovereignty means **** if they constantly break agreements they make with others. Only a true moron would knowingly agree to something and turn around and break that agreement and not expect consequences from that action.

    Sent from my Honor 8X
    PeteEU

  10. #10
    Minister of Love
    PoS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Oceania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    20,949

    Re: The EU is not a bunch of morons, Boris Johnson however is a moron

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    UK sovereignty means **** if they constantly break agreements they make with others. Only a true moron would knowingly agree to something and turn around and break that agreement and not expect consequences from that action.

    Sent from my Honor 8X
    Nope, the real morons are the EU bots who think they can dictate their trade rules over non-member states.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •