Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 60

Thread: The EU is not a bunch of morons, Boris Johnson however is a moron

  1. #21
    Question authority
    Grand Mal's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    on an island off the left coast of Canada
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    30,418
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: The EU is not a bunch of morons, Boris Johnson however is a moron

    Quote Originally Posted by PoS View Post
    Im in favor of national sovereignty, which is an alien concept to EU fascist bots.
    Well hell, just consider Europe a nation then.
    But I asked about the hard border between Ulster and the Republic. Do you favour it?
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Can't keep FUBAR'n the economy if their a vaccine.

  2. #22
    Minister of Love
    PoS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Oceania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    21,875

    Re: The EU is not a bunch of morons, Boris Johnson however is a moron

    Quote Originally Posted by Grand Mal View Post
    Well hell, just consider Europe a nation then.
    But I asked about the hard border between Ulster and the Republic. Do you favour it?
    Im neutral on the matter.

    And if Europe is one nation as you claim, how come they couldnt give refugee status to that Serbian guy who is refused entry back to the UK?

  3. #23
    Question authority
    Grand Mal's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    on an island off the left coast of Canada
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    30,418
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: The EU is not a bunch of morons, Boris Johnson however is a moron

    Quote Originally Posted by PoS View Post
    Im neutral on the matter.

    And if Europe is one nation as you claim, how come they couldnt give refugee status to that Serbian guy who is refused entry back to the UK?
    I don't claim Europe is one nation, I suggested you consider it so.
    Who should give him refuge? Where is he now?
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Can't keep FUBAR'n the economy if their a vaccine.

  4. #24
    Sage

    Peter King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Netherlands
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    23,045

    Re: The EU is not a bunch of morons, Boris Johnson however is a moron

    Quote Originally Posted by PoS View Post
    Anyone who demands enforcement of EU trade laws to non-member states is a fascist. Your sympathy to this evil cause is noted.
    Clearly you have no clue about the situation in NI and the reasons for this part of the agreement, noted.

    Quote Originally Posted by PoS View Post
    LOL half? Somebody failed geography class.
    Nope, but I know you have no clue about the stresses in the UK about the Brexit decision.

    Quote Originally Posted by PoS View Post
    Is the UK a member now? Yes or no?
    You are hard of reading I see, at the moment we discussed and agreed this deal the UK was still a member. Time, history, facts and now reality seem to mean little to you.

    Quote Originally Posted by PoS View Post
    Im against agreements that are null and void since the UK isnt part of the EU anymore, duuh. Only a moron would think that such agreements still deserve to be in place when the game has changed.
    Except they are not null and void. The agreement is part of the separation agreement between the EU and the UK. Only a moron would think agreements are null and void because the UK does not like the deal it made. It has 3 options, renegotiate, accept it or break the agreement. Option 1 will not happen, option 2 is the most logical and option 3 is the most destructive to the UK itself.
    Easy rule to hold yourself to, avoid crowds. Use masks when in public transport or when you cannot keep distance, help society by protecting yourself

  5. #25
    Sage
    Rich2018's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Norcross, Georgia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,110

    Re: The EU is not a bunch of morons, Boris Johnson however is a moron

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter King View Post
    Well there are 4 parts of the UK and if for example NI and Scotland would leave and join the EU, that would be half. Not of course in number of people but in number of parts of the UK.
    If NI voted to leave the UK, the Westminster government would jump at that.

    That would be a perfect solution.


    Scotland will never vote to leave the Union and would not wish to be part of an EU federal state.

    It is a difficult position for the SNP to want independence from the UK and then in the next breath throw it away by signing away independence to an EU super state.

  6. #26
    Sage

    Peter King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Netherlands
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    23,045

    Re: The EU is not a bunch of morons, Boris Johnson however is a moron

    Quote Originally Posted by Rich2018 View Post
    If NI voted to leave the UK, the Westminster government would jump at that.

    That would be a perfect solution.


    Scotland will never vote to leave the Union and would not wish to be part of an EU federal state.

    It is a difficult position for the SNP to want independence from the UK and then in the next breath throw it away by signing away independence to an EU super state.
    The EU is not a federation, I don't want it to be one. They can join if they want to. And if the Brexit vote negatively effects Scotland, sooner or later they will vote for independence.
    Easy rule to hold yourself to, avoid crowds. Use masks when in public transport or when you cannot keep distance, help society by protecting yourself

  7. #27
    Sage
    Rich2018's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Norcross, Georgia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,110

    Re: The EU is not a bunch of morons, Boris Johnson however is a moron

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter King View Post
    The EU is not a federation, I don't want it to be one.
    Not yet, but it wants to become one.

    Does not the Treaty of Rome in 1960 state "ever closer union"

    What do you imagine that means...a simple free market zone ?


    They can join if they want to. And if the Brexit vote negatively effects Scotland, sooner or later they will vote for independence.

    No they won't

    And even in the highly unlikelihood of Scotland voting for independence, why immediately sign it away ?
    The SNP are in an untenable position...

    ...and should an independent seek to join the EU, it will find it joins under significantly different terms.

  8. #28
    Sage

    Peter King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Netherlands
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    23,045

    Re: The EU is not a bunch of morons, Boris Johnson however is a moron

    Quote Originally Posted by Rich2018 View Post
    Not yet, but it wants to become one.

    Does not the Treaty of Rome in 1960 state "ever closer union"

    What do you imagine that means...a simple free market zone ?
    Free market zone, internal free travel and work, work together as one on foreign relations for example, but not a federation.



    Quote Originally Posted by Rich2018 View Post
    No they won't

    And even in the highly unlikelihood of Scotland voting for independence, why immediately sign it away ?
    The SNP are in an untenable position...

    ...and should an independent seek to join the EU, it will find it joins under significantly different terms.
    we will have to wait and see.
    Easy rule to hold yourself to, avoid crowds. Use masks when in public transport or when you cannot keep distance, help society by protecting yourself

  9. #29
    Educator
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:49 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    788

    Re: The EU is not a bunch of morons, Boris Johnson however is a moron

    Quote Originally Posted by Rich2018 View Post
    ... in the highly unlikelihood of Scotland voting for independence ...
    Newsflash: to turn the last referendum's 45yes/55no split on its head only requires 6% of the voters to change their mind, small potatoes as electoral swings go and given the odds-on that Brexit is going to be less than an unqualified success, to put it kindly.

    And since Scotland already has its own legal system and its own (well, sort of) banks already licensed to print money and a land border in not much populated upland with not that many crossing poins it's probably the best-equpped small nation to become independent.

  10. #30
    Question authority
    Grand Mal's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    on an island off the left coast of Canada
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    30,418
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: The EU is not a bunch of morons, Boris Johnson however is a moron

    Quote Originally Posted by Rich2018 View Post
    If NI voted to leave the UK, the Westminster government would jump at that.

    That would be a perfect solution.


    Scotland will never vote to leave the Union and would not wish to be part of an EU federal state.

    It is a difficult position for the SNP to want independence from the UK and then in the next breath throw it away by signing away independence to an EU super state.
    Scotland voted 55% to stay in Britain, and that on the promise that Britain would stay in Europe. Every district in Scotland voted to stay in Europe. It's very likely that Scotland would vote to leave Britain now if it was a route to stay in Europe. Especially if only Scots vote. European country citizens and Commonwealth country citizens were allowed the vote last time.
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Can't keep FUBAR'n the economy if their a vaccine.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •