Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 58

Thread: [W:21]WPropaganda in Advert-Scandinavian Airlines Ad Declares 'No Such Thing' as Scand. Culture

  1. #41
    Sage
    Infinite Chaos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:04 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,708

    Re: [W:21]WPropaganda in Advert-Scandinavian Airlines Ad Declares 'No Such Thing' as Scand. Culture

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    ~ Only positive is unlike one British woman, they don't complain about all the Spaniards living here ~
    You WHAT?

    That's hard to believe anyone xenophobic could be so moronic.
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckiechan View Post
    Really? Wanna know how they wash their babies in Africa? They spray them with breast milk and let the goats lick them clean.
    Quote Originally Posted by trixare4kids View Post
    I'd have MORE respect for Starbucks if they would just own up to their own policy of booting non-paying black customers

  2. #42
    Sage
    PeteEU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Denmark
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,581

    Re: [W:21]WPropaganda in Advert-Scandinavian Airlines Ad Declares 'No Such Thing' as Scand. Culture

    Quote Originally Posted by Infinite Chaos View Post
    You WHAT?

    That's hard to believe anyone xenophobic could be so moronic.
    British tourist moans her Benidorm holiday was ruined by 'too many Spanish people' - Mirror Online
    PeteEU

  3. #43
    Sage
    Chagos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    in expatria
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    24,061

    Re: [W:21]WPropaganda in Advert-Scandinavian Airlines Ad Declares 'No Such Thing' as Scand. Culture

    Quote Originally Posted by Infinite Chaos View Post
    You WHAT?

    That's hard to believe anyone xenophobic could be so moronic.
    Reminds me of visiting a guy living in an "urbanisation" in Almeria and my remarking of how the whole place was completely devoid of Spaniards. Shocked reply being "oh no, we don't have any foreigners here, we're all British."

    Same thing with a busload of gaggledy-giggledy English females (won the trip on woman's hour?) blocking all the loos in a restaurant and exclaiming loudly how beautiful Spain is, but unfortunately so full of foreigners. Left without ordering anything at all.

    As I once explained to Spanish friends, any Brit anywhere (for instance on the canals of Venice) can dip his hand into the water, taste it, and then declare "salty, so it's British".

    Roll on return of the Empire, Boris can do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by coldjoint View Post
    ~......................... I fully expect you to disappear ............~

  4. #44
    Sage
    Fledermaus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Peoples Republic of California AKA Taxifornia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    61,471

    Re: [W:21]WPropaganda in Advert-Scandinavian Airlines Ad Declares 'No Such Thing' as Scand. Culture

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Planar View Post
    That's weird.

    I would think they should be very proud to be smart enough to adopt the best of other cultures.

    Is this more indoctrination at play?
    You ought to see the looks of horror when someone from Mexico is told "tacos al pastor" originated in Lebanon. And that Mexican cerveza is grounded in German immigrants. And that much Mexican "traditional" music is in Polka or Waltz because of German immigrants as well. Enchiladas "suisse" are based on European input.
    'All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.'

    Douglas Adams

  5. #45
    Sage
    Lord of Planar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Portlandia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    38,248

    Re: [W:21]WPropaganda in Advert-Scandinavian Airlines Ad Declares 'No Such Thing' as Scand. Culture

    Quote Originally Posted by Fledermaus View Post
    You ought to see the looks of horror when someone from Mexico is told "tacos al pastor" originated in Lebanon. And that Mexican cerveza is grounded in German immigrants. And that much Mexican "traditional" music is in Polka or Waltz because of German immigrants as well. Enchiladas "suisse" are based on European input.
    Mexico also has good beer because of Germans immigrating to their country decades back.
    A Joe Biden type remark:

    "People are dying who haven't died before."

  6. #46
    Sage
    Fledermaus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Peoples Republic of California AKA Taxifornia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    61,471

    Re: [W:21]WPropaganda in Advert-Scandinavian Airlines Ad Declares 'No Such Thing' as Scand. Culture

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Planar View Post
    Mexico also has good beer because of Germans immigrating to their country decades back.
    Good is a matter of opinion. I find most Mexican beers to be Bud like. Or lite.

    Tecate, Sol, Corona.... Swilling or cooking beers. One stand out was Dos Equis Amber.

    The craft craze has hit them as well and they have a few awesome brews that have snuck over the border.
    'All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.'

    Douglas Adams

  7. #47
    Sage
    Chagos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    in expatria
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    24,061

    Re: [W:21]WPropaganda in Advert-Scandinavian Airlines Ad Declares 'No Such Thing' as Scand. Culture

    Quote Originally Posted by Fledermaus View Post
    You ought to see the looks of horror when someone from Mexico is told "tacos al pastor" originated in Lebanon. And that Mexican cerveza is grounded in German immigrants. And that much Mexican "traditional" music is in Polka or Waltz because of German immigrants as well. Enchiladas "suisse" are based on European input.
    With (looking at the US) Hamburger having to do neither with Ham nor with the German city of that name, but nevertheless initially attributed to German immigrants having embarked from there and having brought the recipe with them.

    But, as in most cases, not a German dish originally either.

    But like with Mexico, American beer probably wouldn't have developed into what it is today without the likes of Jüngling (Yungling) and Anheuser, Schlitz, Miller etc.

    Notwithstanding the fact that it doesn't compare quality-wise to German and Czech brews and not denigrating American craft beers at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by coldjoint View Post
    ~......................... I fully expect you to disappear ............~

  8. #48
    Sage
    PeteEU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Denmark
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,581

    Re: [W:21]WPropaganda in Advert-Scandinavian Airlines Ad Declares 'No Such Thing' as Scand. Culture

    Quote Originally Posted by Chagos View Post
    Reminds me of visiting a guy living in an "urbanisation" in Almeria and my remarking of how the whole place was completely devoid of Spaniards. Shocked reply being "oh no, we don't have any foreigners here, we're all British."

    Same thing with a busload of gaggledy-giggledy English females (won the trip on woman's hour?) blocking all the loos in a restaurant and exclaiming loudly how beautiful Spain is, but unfortunately so full of foreigners. Left without ordering anything at all.

    As I once explained to Spanish friends, any Brit anywhere (for instance on the canals of Venice) can dip his hand into the water, taste it, and then declare "salty, so it's British".

    Roll on return of the Empire, Boris can do it.
    About 10+ years ago near me, the local government had to send out a memo to all business owners in La Cala de Mijas, which is a beach front town near here. The memo stated, that as per XXXX law, all menus and signs had to be as a minimum in Spanish. The town was and still is, insanely British.
    PeteEU

  9. #49
    Sage

    Rexedgar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,033

    Re: [W:21]WPropaganda in Advert-Scandinavian Airlines Ad Declares 'No Such Thing' as Scand. Culture

    Quote Originally Posted by Fledermaus View Post
    Good is a matter of opinion. I find most Mexican beers to be Bud like. Or lite.

    Tecate, Sol, Corona.... Swilling or cooking beers. One stand out was Dos Equis Amber.

    The craft craze has hit them as well and they have a few awesome brews that have snuck over the border.

    Tecate is terrible! They serve it in the strip clubs in Encenada, or so. I was told.....

    I agree on the dark XX, also Pacifico. There used to a brand Carta Blanca, that’s is good, but I can’t find it anymore.
    Everyone appreciates your honesty, until you are honest with them. Then you are an asshole. ” - George Carlin
    ”I know, everybody funny, now you funny too.” -George Thorogood

  10. #50
    Sage
    Chagos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    in expatria
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    24,061

    Re: [W:21]WPropaganda in Advert-Scandinavian Airlines Ad Declares 'No Such Thing' as Scand. Culture

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    About 10+ years ago near me, the local government had to send out a memo to all business owners in La Cala de Mijas, which is a beach front town near here. The memo stated, that as per XXXX law, all menus and signs had to be as a minimum in Spanish. The town was and still is, insanely British.
    Spanish lady friend of mine was totally annoyed (some years back) at being unable to order anything in Torrox-Costa. Her very good command of English helped her there neither with the menu nor with inquiries to the staff.

    Deutschland, jawohl!
    Quote Originally Posted by coldjoint View Post
    ~......................... I fully expect you to disappear ............~

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •