Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 216

Thread: Are US soldiers mercenaries now?

  1. #161
    Educator
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:53 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    741

    Re: Are US soldiers mercenaries now?

    Quote Originally Posted by Keridan View Post
    I didn't know New Zealand convened US Grand Juries. Is that when we took over their country like you say we are imitating Britain in the past?
    From the sublime to the ridiculous. The US grand jury has been convened and is reviewing the evidence related to the controlled demolitions of WTCs 1, 2 & 7, which was the very reason it was set up.

  2. #162
    Guru
    Keridan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    2,805

    Re: Are US soldiers mercenaries now?

    Quote Originally Posted by ralphcdp View Post
    From the sublime to the ridiculous. The US grand jury has been convened and is reviewing the evidence related to the controlled demolitions of WTCs 1, 2 & 7, which was the very reason it was set up.
    Okay ... thank you. I almost took you halfway seriously, but this post cleared it up for anyone reading this crap. As I say to all the insane and uninformed posts... good luck with that and all!
    Omniscience just sucks without omnipotence!


    Support Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez!

  3. #163
    Educator
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:53 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    741

    Re: Are US soldiers mercenaries now?

    Quote Originally Posted by Keridan View Post
    I look forward to you backing up any single claim you've made with any piece of evidence whatsoever. It will be a nice change from the apparent trolling of posts you keep throwing. Just a single thing would be a nice change. I mean, it wouldn't balance the idiocy of these posts, but it would at least show the posts have a chance of coming from a source that graduated 4th grade.
    Here is an incredibly sad tale illustrating the brutality of the USA.

    Stealing a Nation

    The expulsions began in 1965. People were herded into the hold of a rusting ship, endured rough seas and were dumped in the Seychelles, where they were held in prison cells. They were then shipped on to Mauritius, where they were taken to a derelict housing estate with no water or electricity. Twenty-six families died in brutal poverty, there were nine suicides and girls were forced into prostitution to survive.

    The depopulation of the archipelago was completed within 10 years and Diego Garcia became home to one of the United States's biggest bases, with more than 2,000 troops, two bomber runways, 30 warships, facilities for nuclear-armed submarines and a satellite spy station.

    In a series of moving interviews, Pilger hears from islanders forced from their homes. One woman recalls how she and her husband took their baby to Mauritius for medical treatment and were told they could not return. The shock was so great that her husband suffered a stroke and died. Others describe how the British and Americans gassed their dogs – beloved pets – as an inducement to pack up and leave. In exile in Mauritius, Lizette Talate's children ‘died of sadness’.

    Stealing A Nation

  4. #164
    Guru
    Keridan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    2,805

    Re: Are US soldiers mercenaries now?

    Quote Originally Posted by ralphcdp View Post
    Here is an incredibly sad tale illustrating the brutality of the USA.
    Good luck with that and all!
    Omniscience just sucks without omnipotence!


    Support Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez!

  5. #165
    Educator
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:53 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    741

    Re: Are US soldiers mercenaries now?

    Quote Originally Posted by Keridan View Post
    Okay ... thank you. I almost took you halfway seriously, but this post cleared it up for anyone reading this crap. As I say to all the insane and uninformed posts... good luck with that and all!
    Why do you lamely try to make this about me? It is the US Federal Prosecutor for the Southern District of New York that has set up this grand jury.

  6. #166
    Educator
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:53 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    741

    Re: Are US soldiers mercenaries now?

    Quote Originally Posted by Keridan View Post
    Good luck with that and all!
    So after specifically asking for information you now flee. Why?

  7. #167
    Sage
    Fledermaus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Peoples Republic of California AKA Taxifornia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    47,902

    Re: Are US soldiers mercenaries now?

    Quote Originally Posted by ralphcdp View Post
    Here is an incredibly sad tale illustrating the brutality of the USA.
    The BRITISH moved the people from BRITISH territory.

    Sad, but BRITISH true.
    'All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.'

    Douglas Adams

  8. #168
    Guru
    Keridan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    2,805

    Re: Are US soldiers mercenaries now?

    Quote Originally Posted by ralphcdp View Post
    So after specifically asking for information you now flee. Why?
    I'm okay with you seeing it as fleeing. Your posts were very clear about my concerns of sanity and intelligence threshold for response. If you want to step it up to reality, I will get back with you. Until then, last time, good luck with that and all!
    Omniscience just sucks without omnipotence!


    Support Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez!

  9. #169
    Advisor german hick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Suierland, Germany
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    490

    Re: Are US soldiers mercenaries now?

    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
    Then don't pay the bill and fight your own wars. But don't call us when the going gets tough. The fact is that if the US hadn't had those bases Germans would be speaking Russian. And before that the British would be speaking German.
    And now we are all speaking English ;o)

    was a joke - Im quite glad that I did not grew up in the east - but thats not the Topic here now

  10. #170
    Sage
    Tangmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Seaview Tower 5 Condo 2602
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    8,638

    Re: Are US soldiers mercenaries now?

    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Zeebra View Post
    My impression is that people just want peace and to leave others in peace, and have as little military or military activity as possible within reason. They don't want any arms race or spending lots of money on new war technology. It is the tyrannical political elite in the world who goes against the wishes of the people, and it's perpetuating. People just want stability in their life and live in safety, they don't want any schemes of domination or global powergames. So why is it so damn difficult for the political tyrants to do what people want? All of them are guilty, not just one class of political tyrants from one country, but all political tyrants from all countries.

    All people share common interests and need and want the same things in life. So what is the problem? The tyrants are the problem, and our political system attracts and play into the hands of tyrants. Every power system does.

    So when will we actually have any democracy in this world? When will the group of tyrants who rule our countries actually do what the people want? By the people for the people and of the people.
    The elites of history have regained the initiative due to two in particular struggling their way to the top. Being an elite isn't easy either, it's just easier than is doing it in a democracy.

    Deng Xiao Ping told the Chinese what they wanted to hear, i.e., that getting rich is good. And that getting rich again will restore China to its rightful place as lord of the globe.

    Vladimir Putin grabbed the Crazy Ivans of Russia by telling 'em Russia is eternal and that it's the United States that's a flash in the pan. And while Russia and China like the USA as a flash in the pan theory, Putin's waiting for China to go the way of the USSR. Russia itself meanwhile continues to fake being a world power.

    USA was handling it well on a stable cruising speed until Putin-Trump who are a calculating wrecking crew against the USA. So it's a setback we'll have to resolve by democratic and Constitutional ways and means. We won't do that if democracy in America remains a spectator sport. Democracy has to be participatory to be viable and successful. Given the midterm, so far so good.

    Putin-Trump are working against that however so we'll have to see how this develops. Armed forces chiefs and commanders for instance won't act to destroy democracy. The generals will definitely act to restore it however. So while even our best efforts to participate on an even playing field might not be enough, we do have to make the kickoff and then grind forward. We can succeed, yes. But so can Putin-Trump and their Fanboys continue to succeed. Because while we need order and the rule of law to succeed, all they need to continue to accomplish their antidemocratic purposes and goals is continued chaos.
    All Enemies Foreign and Domestic

Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •