Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
Results 71 to 75 of 75

Thread: 3 Stabbed in Ireland by Egyptian National, Police Rush to Declare 'No Terrorism'

  1. #71
    Student C R O I X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    238

    Re: 3 Stabbed in Ireland by Egyptian National, Police Rush to Declare 'No Terrorism'

    Quote Originally Posted by truthatallcost View Post
    Yes, but Texas and Louisiana are both states within the same country. Ireland is not a part of the United Kingdom, it is it's own sovereign nation. A better comparison would be if you were traveling from Texas into Mexico, or from the United States into Canada. Both of those procedures may require some documentation, although Canada is more strict with their border security.
    You should study history. Ireland has it political sovereignty and borders but has an other cultural and identity border and relationship that is not related to the political imaginary border line, that if not respected you create what Europeans created in Africa.
    Last edited by C R O I X; 01-13-18 at 04:49 AM.
    "Ideological thought: Laziness: it's easier to apply a doctrine to everything at once than to think through complex issues; Ignorance: the less you know about a problem the easier you think it is to solve; Malevolence: it's great to find the enemy in others so that you have someone against who to direct your resentment". - Jordan Peterson

  2. #72
    wewuzkaings
    truthatallcost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    13,503

    Re: 3 Stabbed in Ireland by Egyptian National, Police Rush to Declare 'No Terrorism'

    Quote Originally Posted by C R O I X View Post
    That is true we can't trust the media alone. This is why we should wait and listen to the police report, and in the case of Hamburg, the neighborhood report since the man was from the neighborhood.

    Assuming everything based on pure racial/cultural/gender blame is as wrong as what you say about the media, if not the very same.
    I suppose it's better to stay optimistic, like you say. Maybe I've become too biased following these reports, but I think many people remain a bit naive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Checkerboard Strangler View Post
    Then we'll feed them your cooked remains.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    Probably really hard to shoot dogs, flash bang babies and batter immigrants while you've got a raging hard-on the entire time.

  3. #73
    Student C R O I X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    238

    Re: 3 Stabbed in Ireland by Egyptian National, Police Rush to Declare 'No Terrorism'

    Quote Originally Posted by truthatallcost View Post
    I suppose it's better to stay optimistic, like you say. Maybe I've become too biased following these reports, but I think many people remain a bit naive.
    I don't mean stay optimistic because optimism may be the root of naive people. What I mean is trying to not have expectation (ether optimistic or negative) about facts.

    It is ok to be suspicious based on previous experiences and information, but we have to be careful to not let our suspicion become a conclusion. And once we have a conclusion we tend to shut ourselves to new relevant and enlightening information (and investigation) about the facts.

    And even after have a conclusion, I believe it is important to have in mind that conclusions can be changed with a new piece of information.
    Today the police investigation may be indicating that the perpetrator is just a mental illness case. But tomorrow a new piece of evidence may show us that the man was in fact a terrorist. But by now all we have is that the guy is somebody with a mental issue.
    "Ideological thought: Laziness: it's easier to apply a doctrine to everything at once than to think through complex issues; Ignorance: the less you know about a problem the easier you think it is to solve; Malevolence: it's great to find the enemy in others so that you have someone against who to direct your resentment". - Jordan Peterson

  4. #74
    Wrinkly member
    Manc Skipper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Southern England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    23,646

    Re: 3 Stabbed in Ireland by Egyptian National, Police Rush to Declare 'No Terrorism'

    Quote Originally Posted by truthatallcost View Post
    Yes, but Texas and Louisiana are both states within the same country. Ireland is not a part of the United Kingdom, it is it's own sovereign nation. A better comparison would be if you were traveling from Texas into Mexico, or from the United States into Canada. Both of those procedures may require some documentation, although Canada is more strict with their border security.
    Wrong. Northern Ireland is a part of the United Kingdom (UK). Eire (Southern Ireland) is a separate state, not part of the UK, but which has an open border with it's European neighbour. No passports or documents needed, just like Texas and Louisiana.
    Don't work out, work in.

    Never eat anything that's served in a bucket.

  5. #75
    Sage
    zyzygy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Flanders.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,497

    Re: 3 Stabbed in Ireland by Egyptian National, Police Rush to Declare 'No Terrorism'

    Quote Originally Posted by truthatallcost View Post
    I never said terrorism is the random killing of strangers.
    Steve did, and you agreed with him.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •