Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 173

Thread: Fox News' Sean Hannity and Tucker Carlson programs violated Britain's broadcast standards, watchdog

  1. #161
    User Crystal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Last Seen
    11-12-17 @ 09:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    78

    Re: Fox News' Sean Hannity and Tucker Carlson programs violated Britain's broadcast standards, watch

    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    Fox got pulled over there; what am I wrong about?
    I have no idea! But Tucker Carlson gives both sides a chance to state their cases!

  2. #162
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 07:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    74,591

    Re: Fox News' Sean Hannity and Tucker Carlson programs violated Britain's broadcast standards, watch

    Quote Originally Posted by Andalublue View Post
    I'm less comfy with unelected tycoons controlling it tbh.


    BBC accused of left-wing bias as audience appears to support Jeremy Corbyn in election TV debate | The Independent
    https://biasedbbc.org/quotes-of-shame/
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_the_BBC



    but the very idea that one group of people can utter to another person what and what they cannot utter is rather fascist and statist in nature. How can you label yourself a libertarian, btw and support such a notion?
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  3. #163
    Global Moderator
    Bodhidarma approves bigly
    Andalublue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Granada, España
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    26,111

    Re: Fox News' Sean Hannity and Tucker Carlson programs violated Britain's broadcast standards, watch

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    BBC accused of left-wing bias as audience appears to support Jeremy Corbyn in election TV debate | The Independent
    https://biasedbbc.org/quotes-of-shame/
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_the_BBC



    but the very idea that one group of people can utter to another person what and what they cannot utter is rather fascist and statist in nature. How can you label yourself a libertarian, btw and support such a notion?
    How can you claim to be a libertarian but concede to the freedom of expression being determined by access to wealth? Liberty is not a commodity.

    The BBC is often accused of bias. There are many studies that show it to be biased to the right (check out the Glasgow Media Group's reports), and there are more frquent claims of bias to the left, but they generally come from hard right media sources.
    "The crisis will end when fear changes sides" - Pablo Iglesias Turrión

    "Austerity is used as a cover to reconfigure society and increase inequality and injustice." - Jeremy Corbyn

  4. #164
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 07:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    74,591

    Re: Fox News' Sean Hannity and Tucker Carlson programs violated Britain's broadcast standards, watch

    Quote Originally Posted by Andalublue View Post
    How can you claim to be a libertarian but concede to the freedom of expression being determined by access to wealth? Liberty is not a commodity.
    because it's not limited to that at all. I can start a blog, a youtube channel etc. I can go to alternative news sources, and other places not approved by a government entity. The media is hard left, and creates fake news here, but as a libertarian I don't call for it's censorship.


    The BBC is often accused of bias. There are many studies that show it to be biased to the right (check out the Glasgow Media Group's reports), and there are more frquent claims of bias to the left, but they generally come from hard right media sources.
    They seem pretty left wing to me, probably our continential perspectives.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  5. #165
    Global Moderator
    Bodhidarma approves bigly
    Andalublue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Granada, España
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    26,111

    Re: Fox News' Sean Hannity and Tucker Carlson programs violated Britain's broadcast standards, watch

    [QUOTE=ReverendHellh0und;1067843251]because it's not limited to that at all. I can start a blog, a youtube channel etc. I can go to alternative news sources, and other places not approved by a government entity.[quote]So what are you complaining about? No one's infringing anyone's right to do just that.

    The media is hard left, and creates fake news here,
    This smokescreen nonesense about the US media being all hard left is frankly a bit laughable. I think virtually every new media celebrity seems to be right wing. You've got right wing major national newspapers, you've got virtually exclusively right-wing talk radio, you've got the Fox empire batting right and you've got massive amounts of right-wing new media voices. The right wing whining about underepresentation in the media is just a diversion.
    but as a libertarian I don't call for it's censorship.
    You don't need to. Most voices of opposition to the current neo-liberal hegemony are already heavily censored. US media pluralism is a fantasy.

    They seem pretty left wing to me, probably our continential perspectives.
    I'm picking up that by your current standards the British Conservatives would seem pretty left wing to you. I'm surprised you can still bring yourself to engage with me, Bud.
    "The crisis will end when fear changes sides" - Pablo Iglesias Turrión

    "Austerity is used as a cover to reconfigure society and increase inequality and injustice." - Jeremy Corbyn

  6. #166
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    33,182

    Re: Fox News' Sean Hannity and Tucker Carlson programs violated Britain's broadcast standards, watch

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    because it's not limited to that at all. I can start a blog, a youtube channel etc. I can go to alternative news sources, and other places not approved by a government entity. The media is hard left, and creates fake news here, but as a libertarian I don't call for it's censorship.




    They seem pretty left wing to me, probably our continential perspectives.
    The media isn't hard left at all, that's just the lie manufactured to excuse the right media's absence of facts.

    Media has two poles; one at center left, one at far right.

  7. #167
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 07:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    74,591

    Re: Fox News' Sean Hannity and Tucker Carlson programs violated Britain's broadcast standards, watch

    [QUOTE=Andalublue;1067846718][QUOTE=ReverendHellh0und;1067843251]because it's not limited to that at all. I can start a blog, a youtube channel etc. I can go to alternative news sources, and other places not approved by a government entity.
    So what are you complaining about? No one's infringing anyone's right to do just that.

    This smokescreen nonesense about the US media being all hard left is frankly a bit laughable. I think virtually every new media celebrity seems to be right wing. You've got right wing major national newspapers, you've got virtually exclusively right-wing talk radio, you've got the Fox empire batting right and you've got massive amounts of right-wing new media voices. The right wing whining about underepresentation in the media is just a diversion.You don't need to. Most voices of opposition to the current neo-liberal hegemony are already heavily censored. US media pluralism is a fantasy.

    I'm picking up that by your current standards the British Conservatives would seem pretty left wing to you. I'm surprised you can still bring yourself to engage with me, Bud.




    Oh andy You know I love you!


    I have several outlets I can go to. CATO, Reason, among others.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  8. #168
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 07:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    74,591

    Re: Fox News' Sean Hannity and Tucker Carlson programs violated Britain's broadcast standards, watch

    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    The media isn't hard left at all, that's just the lie manufactured to excuse the right media's absence of facts.

    Media has two poles; one at center left, one at far right.



    BUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAA!

    you probably believe that, don't you.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  9. #169
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    33,182

    Re: Fox News' Sean Hannity and Tucker Carlson programs violated Britain's broadcast standards, watch

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    BUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAA!

    you probably believe that, don't you.
    Yes, because studies have shown it to be true.

    For example:

    https://cyber.harvard.edu/publicatio.../08/mediacloud

  10. #170
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 07:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    74,591

    Re: Fox News' Sean Hannity and Tucker Carlson programs violated Britain's broadcast standards, watch

    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    Yes, because studies have shown it to be true.

    For example:

    https://cyber.harvard.edu/publicatio.../08/mediacloud



    so a liberal organization says so? did you even read your link, thats media and social media. The idea that they talked about email scandal more than trump is insane.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •