Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
Results 71 to 80 of 80

Thread: Deceptive PNAS Paper About Hurricanes

  1. #71
    Irritant

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,956

    Re: Deceptive PNAS Paper About Hurricanes

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    Nope. The Climate Realism critique is on point and devastating. If you can't discuss it I suggest you stop embarrassing yourself.
    Damn Jack... you can't even admit that Climaterealism lied and said the study was about increases in frequency when it was really about increases in intensity.

    You live in a fantasy land of denialism.

  2. #72
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    88,040
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Deceptive PNAS Paper About Hurricanes

    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Damn Jack... you can't even admit that Climaterealism lied and said the study was about increases in frequency when it was really about increases in intensity.

    You live in a fantasy land of denialism.
    You seem not to comprehend the subject. "Intensity" is the difference between major hurricanes and other, lesser storms. The PNAS authors "find" more intensity only because overall hurricane frequency declined, and major hurricane frequency stayed level. Thus, the percentage increase in major (more intense) hurricanes. Manipulation of statistics on hurricane frequency is in fact central to the PNAS authors' argument.
    "Above all, not too much zeal." --Prince Talleyrand

  3. #73
    Potential COVID carrier

    Threegoofs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The birthplace of Italian Beef
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    44,108

    Re: Deceptive PNAS Paper About Hurricanes

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    Nope. The Climate Realism critique is on point and devastating. If you can't discuss it I suggest you stop embarrassing yourself.
    Devastating.

    This may go down as the worst avoidable public health disaster in US history -Eric Topol, MD on COVID-19

  4. #74
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    88,040
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Deceptive PNAS Paper About Hurricanes

    Quote Originally Posted by Threegoofs View Post
    Devastating.
    You can't follow the discussion either.
    "Above all, not too much zeal." --Prince Talleyrand

  5. #75
    Irritant

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,956

    Re: Deceptive PNAS Paper About Hurricanes

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    You seem not to comprehend the subject. "Intensity" is the difference between major hurricanes and other, lesser storms. The PNAS authors "find" more intensity only because overall hurricane frequency declined, and major hurricane frequency stayed level. Thus, the percentage increase in major (more intense) hurricanes. Manipulation of statistics on hurricane frequency is in fact central to the PNAS authors' argument.
    Now you are just adding nonsensical arguments to your lies.

    Later, Jack.

    See you on your next false or misleading cut and paste.

  6. #76
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    88,040
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Deceptive PNAS Paper About Hurricanes

    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Now you are just adding nonsensical arguments to your lies.

    Later, Jack.

    See you on your next false or misleading cut and paste.
    Nope. I just gave you a clear, concise explanation the issue. You're denying.
    "Above all, not too much zeal." --Prince Talleyrand

  7. #77
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    68,697

    Re: Deceptive PNAS Paper About Hurricanes

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    Address the substance or embarrass yourselves. Your call.
    There isn't much substance to respond to. They pretend to have four major points of argument, but two of them are just restating the accusation of cherry-picking. But their support for this claim is... cherry picking a smaller and less-recent dataset. A larger dataset is better than a smaller one, generally, so this claim is unconvincing.

    They also tried to claim that the percentage of tropical storms that strengthen into a major hurricane is irrelevant if the total number of major hurricanes stays the same. A claim like this is entirely missing the point.

    Their last claim is some whining about journalists that I am entirely uninterested in.
    So nobody forgets, you're welcome!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mashmont
    Remember Mashmont's predictions, people. Only 10,400 deaths, max. Only 130,000 COVID cases, max. This wouldn't make a garden variety flu season. Can you say hoax?

  8. #78
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    88,040
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Deceptive PNAS Paper About Hurricanes

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    There isn't much substance to respond to. They pretend to have four major points of argument, but two of them are just restating the accusation of cherry-picking. But their support for this claim is... cherry picking a smaller and less-recent dataset. A larger dataset is better than a smaller one, generally, so this claim is unconvincing.

    They also tried to claim that the percentage of tropical storms that strengthen into a major hurricane is irrelevant if the total number of major hurricanes stays the same. A claim like this is entirely missing the point.

    Their last claim is some whining about journalists that I am entirely uninterested in.
    The critique is powerful. "Intensity" is the difference between major hurricanes and other, lesser storms. The PNAS authors "find" more intensity only because overall hurricane frequency declined, and major hurricane frequency stayed level. Thus, the percentage increase in major (more intense) hurricanes. Manipulation of statistics on hurricane frequency is in fact central to the PNAS authors' argument.
    "Above all, not too much zeal." --Prince Talleyrand

  9. #79
    Potential COVID carrier

    Threegoofs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The birthplace of Italian Beef
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    44,108

    Re: Deceptive PNAS Paper About Hurricanes

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    The critique is powerful. "Intensity" is the difference between major hurricanes and other, lesser storms. The PNAS authors "find" more intensity only because overall hurricane frequency declined, and major hurricane frequency stayed level. Thus, the percentage increase in major (more intense) hurricanes. Manipulation of statistics on hurricane frequency is in fact central to the PNAS authors' argument.
    If it was “powerful”, it wouldnt be on a ****ty denier blog.
    This may go down as the worst avoidable public health disaster in US history -Eric Topol, MD on COVID-19

  10. #80
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    88,040
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Deceptive PNAS Paper About Hurricanes

    Quote Originally Posted by Threegoofs View Post
    If it was “powerful”, it wouldnt be on a ****ty denier blog.
    Sure. Just like the critique that compelled the retraction of Resplandy et al.
    "Above all, not too much zeal." --Prince Talleyrand

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •