Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 140

Thread: climate crisis disrupting life for millions

  1. #111
    Guru
    Bergslagstroll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,318

    Re: climate crisis disrupting life for millions

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Planar View Post
    "The names have been changed to protect the innocent."

    Are you going to deny that when a scientists speaks out against the "settled science," that their isn't someone trying to ruin them?

    You will not be taken serious then you make claims like that. Take for example that the president of the United States denies the urgent need for action. So any scientists with credible evidence against the urgent need for action could be hired by federal agencies.

    Also the revenues of the just the world's four biggest fossil fuel companies are 1.5 trillion, there those companies also have a strong motivation to disprove the urgent need for action. So of course those companies could hire any credible scientists that was against the scientific consensus.

    List of largest companies by revenue - Wikipedia

    Also the Senate is controlled by Republicans. So those Republicans could have of course called hearings if as you claim scientists are being ruined for speaking out against the scientific consensus.

    There the result is instead that both federal agencies under Donald Trump and fossil fuel companies have to publicly support the urgent need for action because the evidence is so overwhelming.

    Fourth National Climate Assessment

    Statements on Paris climate agreement | ExxonMobil
    Last edited by Bergslagstroll; 03-28-20 at 06:35 AM.

  2. #112
    Guru
    Bergslagstroll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,318

    Re: climate crisis disrupting life for millions

    Climate change contributed to the devastating wild fires in Australia and things risk getting a lot worse.

    "Global warming boosted the risk of the hot, dry weather that's likely to cause bushfires by at least 30%, they say.
    But the study suggests the figure is likely to be much greater.

    It says that if global temperatures rise by 2C, as seems likely, such conditions would occur at least four times more often.

    The analysis has been carried out by the World Weather Attribution consortium."

    Climate change boosted Australia bushfire risk by at least 30% - BBC News

  3. #113
    Sage
    Tim the plumber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Sheffield
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:24 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    15,062

    Re: climate crisis disrupting life for millions

    Quote Originally Posted by vegas giants View Post
    You seem upset. Stop taking this personally. It is very unscientific. I have ten more references if you need them

    Scientific theory | Definition of Scientific theory at Dictionary.com

    LOL!!!

    That is not the definition of the theory of science it is a definition of a theory within science.

    Just hopless.

  4. #114
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:33 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    58,939

    Re: climate crisis disrupting life for millions

    Quote Originally Posted by Tim the plumber View Post

    LOL!!!

    That is not the definition of the theory of science it is a definition of a theory within science.

    Just hopless.
    Now that is freaking hilarious.



    My god you are priceless

  5. #115
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:33 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    58,939

    Re: climate crisis disrupting life for millions

    Quote Originally Posted by code1211 View Post
    Dr. Vegas weighs in again with a link to a source. The source is not qualified to use, but at least it's a source.

    Astonishingly, and I didn't think this was possible, you prove without question that you know less about science than I know.

    Really quite amazing and the basis of your lack of understanding.

    The "science" of CAGW "Science" is ridiculous because it can only be supported by extrapolation and semantics and is useless because regardless of the outcome, the findings are also consistent with other models.

    A hypothesis canít be right unless it can be proven wrong

    <snip>

    There are basically three types of experiments proposed by scientists.

    Type 1 experiments are the most powerful. Type 1 experimental outcomes include a possible negative outcome that would falsify, or refute, the working hypothesis. It is one or the other.

    Type 2 experiments are very common, but lack punch. A positive result in a type 2 experiment is consistent with the working hypothesis, but the negative or null result does not address the validity of the hypothesis because there are many explanations for the negative result. These call for extrapolation and semantics.

    3 experiments are those experiments whose results may be consistent with the hypothesis, but are useless because regardless of the outcome, the findings are also consistent with other models. In other words, every result isnít informative.
    <snip>
    The theory for AGW is well established and has been around a very long time. No one disputes this except a few bloggers on conspiracy websites. You have read them so long you find them credible. But real scientists continue to produce studies about AGW theory all the time.


    Its ok.

    Be upset.


    Get it all out.


    I can take it.


    But you lost this one. Lol

  6. #116
    Sage
    Lord of Planar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Portlandia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    39,034

    Re: climate crisis disrupting life for millions

    Quote Originally Posted by vegas giants View Post
    The theory for AGW is well established and has been around a very long time. No one disputes this except a few bloggers on conspiracy websites. You have read them so long you find them credible. But real scientists continue to produce studies about AGW theory all the time.


    Its ok.

    Be upset.


    Get it all out.


    I can take it.


    But you lost this one. Lol
    Scientifically speaking, it is still a hypothesis. Please get the facts right.
    A Joe Biden type remark:

    "People are dying who haven't died before."

  7. #117
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:33 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    58,939

    Re: climate crisis disrupting life for millions

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Planar View Post
    Scientifically speaking, it is still a hypothesis. Please get the facts right.
    Thank you for your opinion

  8. #118
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    6,283

    Re: climate crisis disrupting life for millions

    Quote Originally Posted by HIP56948 View Post
    It's a hard run, trying to convince certain types of people that Global Warming is happening and will get much worse. We have the typical deniers that seem to believe it's some kind of left-wing conspiracy to disrupt their lives. Then there are the types that just-won't-believe it..sort of like the "I can't hear youuuuuu"
    The worst ones, to this poster, are the ones that know it's probably true but (being sociopaths..or close to it), have the disgusting thought that: "What the F*** do I care?..I'll be dead long before the proverbial crap hits the fan"
    They're the worst of the bunch.
    Or there are the skeptics who are intelligent enough to look at the claimed "evidence" and realize the "evidence" is often poorly done science. Back in the day you could get away with spinning the numbers, but in today's Information Age people have the ability to check for themselves. And when you realize the numbers don't add up, you become a skeptic.

  9. #119
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:33 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    58,939

    Re: climate crisis disrupting life for millions

    Quote Originally Posted by Waddy View Post
    Or there are the skeptics who are intelligent enough to look at the claimed "evidence" and realize the "evidence" is often poorly done science. Back in the day you could get away with spinning the numbers, but in today's Information Age people have the ability to check for themselves. And when you realize the numbers don't add up, you become a skeptic.
    And yet some of the greatest scientific minds this world has ever known, thousands of them, disagree with you

  10. #120
    Sage


    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    north carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    29,963

    Re: climate crisis disrupting life for millions

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Extreme heat and rain here, drought there, swarms of locusts...you name it. **** is hitting the fan. And, there's even a new report out exploring it.
    Humans have been fearful of the weather for as long as people can remember, at least as far back as to the times of rain dancers.

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •