Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 39

Thread: Russian climate activist inspired by Thunberg is jailed

  1. #1
    Guru
    Bergslagstroll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,035

    Russian climate activist inspired by Thunberg is jailed

    A climate activist have been arrested in Russia, even after follow Russia's very restrictive and undemocratic rules for demonstrations.

    Russian climate activist inspired by Thunberg is jailed | World news | The Guardian

    There also activists in many parts of the world risk getting killed for standing up for the environment and their local communities.

    Environmental activist murders double in 15 years | Environment | The Guardian

    Things are of course a lot better in our democratic Western societies, but even here are people getting massive amount of abuse and death threats, for simply voicing their opinion that the world's leading scientists should be listen to.

    Young female climate activists face hateful abuse online. This is how they cope.

  2. #2
    Minister of Love
    PoS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Oceania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    20,289

    Re: Russian climate activist inspired by Thunberg is jailed

    Well, they shouldnt follow Greta anyway since she says the wrong things.


  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Last Seen
    01-29-20 @ 08:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    12,153

    Re: Russian climate activist inspired by Thunberg is jailed

    Quote Originally Posted by Bergslagstroll View Post
    A climate activist have been arrested in Russia, even after follow Russia's very restrictive and undemocratic rules for demonstrations.

    Russian climate activist inspired by Thunberg is jailed | World news | The Guardian

    There also activists in many parts of the world risk getting killed for standing up for the environment and their local communities.

    Environmental activist murders double in 15 years | Environment | The Guardian

    Things are of course a lot better in our democratic Western societies, but even here are people getting massive amount of abuse and death threats, for simply voicing their opinion that the world's leading scientists should be listen to.

    Young female climate activists face hateful abuse online. This is how they cope.
    Makes you glad you're American.

  4. #4
    Guru Glitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Alaska (61.5°N, -149°W)
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,037

    Re: Russian climate activist inspired by Thunberg is jailed

    Quote Originally Posted by Bergslagstroll View Post
    A climate activist have been arrested in Russia, even after follow Russia's very restrictive and undemocratic rules for demonstrations.

    Russian climate activist inspired by Thunberg is jailed | World news | The Guardian

    There also activists in many parts of the world risk getting killed for standing up for the environment and their local communities.

    Environmental activist murders double in 15 years | Environment | The Guardian

    Things are of course a lot better in our democratic Western societies, but even here are people getting massive amount of abuse and death threats, for simply voicing their opinion that the world's leading scientists should be listen to.

    Young female climate activists face hateful abuse online. This is how they cope.
    Clearly not enough leftist (and they are always leftists) eco-fanatics are being knocked off, or we wouldn't have insipid threads like this one. As the dangerously stupid are being killed off it improves the overall intelligence of the entire species. They need to step up their efforts to knock off more of these eco-freaks to do humanity an invaluable service. Start with the grade schools where these eco-freaks like to indoctrinate children like Greta and then parade their abused brainwashed children for the world to see. These child abusers need a permanent dirt nap.

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Last Seen
    01-29-20 @ 08:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    12,153

    Re: Russian climate activist inspired by Thunberg is jailed

    Quote Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
    Clearly not enough leftist (and they are always leftists) eco-fanatics are being knocked off, or we wouldn't have insipid threads like this one. As the dangerously stupid are being killed off it improves the overall intelligence of the entire species. They need to step up their efforts to knock off more of these eco-freaks to do humanity an invaluable service. Start with the grade schools where these eco-freaks like to indoctrinate children like Greta and then parade their abused brainwashed children for the world to see. These child abusers need a permanent dirt nap.

  6. #6
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon

    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    28,226
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Russian climate activist inspired by Thunberg is jailed

    Quote Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
    Clearly not enough leftist (and they are always leftists) eco-fanatics are being knocked off, or we wouldn't have insipid threads like this one. As the dangerously stupid are being killed off it improves the overall intelligence of the entire species. They need to step up their efforts to knock off more of these eco-freaks to do humanity an invaluable service. Start with the grade schools where these eco-freaks like to indoctrinate children like Greta and then parade their abused brainwashed children for the world to see. These child abusers need a permanent dirt nap.
    You think you’ve seen it all, you think you’ve seen every stupidity, every bottom of a barrel, every statement devoid of intelligence, humanity and a shred of self respect by those who say it.

    And then you read this.

    And your faith in the human race is instantly destroyed.

    God we are ****ed as a species.

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Last Seen
    01-29-20 @ 08:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    12,153

    Re: Russian climate activist inspired by Thunberg is jailed

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    You think you’ve seen it all, you think you’ve seen every stupidity, every bottom of a barrel, every statement devoid of intelligence, humanity and a shred of self respect by those who say it.

    And then you read this.

    And your faith in the human race is instantly destroyed.

    God we are ****ed as a species.
    I know right? Jesus H. Christ. It isn't the climate change that we should be worried about, it's those people we should worry about.

  8. #8
    Professor COTO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,380

    Re: Russian climate activist inspired by Thunberg is jailed

    Quote Originally Posted by Bergslagstroll View Post
    A climate activist have been arrested in Russia, even after follow Russia's very restrictive and undemocratic rules for demonstrations.

    Russian climate activist inspired by Thunberg is jailed | World news | The Guardian
    Makes one wish there was some happy medium between jailing them and prostituting them on magazine covers, etc.

    While suppressing propaganda might practically be the lesser of the two evils, I can't sanction the unlawful jailing of peaceful demonstrators on principle. Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe Pres. Putin will be laughing it up ten years from now while the West is in the thrall of hysterical, unreasonable, and totally unrestrained children. Even so, I still believe freedom of speech is a right worth defending.

  9. #9
    Guru
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:28 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,732

    Re: Russian climate activist inspired by Thunberg is jailed

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    You think you’ve seen it all, you think you’ve seen every stupidity, every bottom of a barrel, every statement devoid of intelligence, humanity and a shred of self respect by those who say it.

    And then you read this.

    And your faith in the human race is instantly destroyed.

    God we are ****ed as a species.
    Don't think a guy who rained down sulfur and brimstone is that worried about global warming.

  10. #10
    Guru
    Bergslagstroll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,035

    Re: Russian climate activist inspired by Thunberg is jailed

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    You think you’ve seen it all, you think you’ve seen every stupidity, every bottom of a barrel, every statement devoid of intelligence, humanity and a shred of self respect by those who say it.

    And then you read this.

    And your faith in the human race is instantly destroyed.

    God we are ****ed as a species.
    Those people are only a small minority. That you have a large majority that need to stand up for a civil debate.

    Also most posters like that are most of the time bark and no bite. While you also have a few that are willing to go from words to action. There those people can be inspired and get their sick world view confirmed by those spreading violent and hateful rhetoric. For example Anders Behring Breivik that murdered over 70 people most of them kids in Norway.

    Anders Behring Breivik - Wikipedia

    So I think social media platform and other forums should take away post that encourage violence.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •