Page 58 of 79 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast
Results 571 to 580 of 785

Thread: Arctic Cold Smashes October Records in the West, Plains

  1. #571
    Sage
    digitusmedius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    6,476

    Re: Arctic Cold Smashes October Records in the West, Plains

    Quote Originally Posted by Tim the plumber View Post
    1, There is no trend in more floods or storms. There is also a lack of any paper or such to explain the mechanism for this. There are dodgy hype statements out of those who model the climate and need the grants only.

    2, The lack of anybody able to explain how it will be in any way significantly bad.
    I know making up **** is fun for the cult of climate denial but here are some facts (Nooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!). Seventeen of the 20 most damaging US hurricanes on record have occurred just since 2000:

    Screen Shot 2019-12-10 at 9.16.13 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2019-12-10 at 9.04.59 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-12-10 at 9.12.32 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2019-12-10 at 9.13.07 AM.jpg

    Data from NOAA
    source: Hurricane Damage and Costs to the U.S. Economy
    "When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." (authorship disputed)

  2. #572
    Sage
    Lord of Planar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Portlandia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    36,004

    Re: Arctic Cold Smashes October Records in the West, Plains

    Quote Originally Posted by digitusmedius View Post
    When that big cold spell hit the lower 48 last month, the temp in Austin, TX was 9⁰F while Nome was 31⁰F. And that's the problem because this is what's driving a big part of Arctic ice loss and sea level rise. But, don't let that stop you from pretending there's nothing strange going on.
    Sorry, you are either repeating misinformation or lying.

    Austin never has got as cold a 9F It's been colder than 9C, but not 9F.
    The left says the right is full of racists and bigots and have no tolerance. Nobody from the right organizes interference with gay pride parades, or other leftist events. The left however always has a group interfering with events organized by the right. Who are the tolerant ones I ask? Most certainly not the left.

  3. #573
    Sage
    Tim the plumber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Sheffield
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    13,788

    Re: Arctic Cold Smashes October Records in the West, Plains

    Quote Originally Posted by digitusmedius View Post
    I know making up **** is fun for the cult of climate denial but here are some facts (Nooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!). Seventeen of the 20 most damaging US hurricanes on record have occurred just since 2000:

    Screen Shot 2019-12-10 at 9.16.13 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2019-12-10 at 9.04.59 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-12-10 at 9.12.32 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2019-12-10 at 9.13.07 AM.jpg

    Data from NOAA
    source: Hurricane Damage and Costs to the U.S. Economy

    Most damaging is not the same as most sever.

    Most damaging just means that people are living on the shore/beach more. That people havbe more valuable properties with more insurance.

  4. #574
    Sage
    digitusmedius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    6,476

    Re: Arctic Cold Smashes October Records in the West, Plains

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Planar View Post
    Sorry, you are either repeating misinformation or lying.

    Austin never has got as cold a 9F It's been colder than 9C, but not 9F.
    Neither one. When I make mistakes, I admit it. I may have misremembered which cities in the lower 48 were colder than Alaska. So here's another example of what I meant to point out:

    It’s warmer in Alaska than in Alabama today - al.com
    "When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." (authorship disputed)

  5. #575
    Sage
    Lord of Planar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Portlandia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    36,004

    Re: Arctic Cold Smashes October Records in the West, Plains

    Quote Originally Posted by digitusmedius View Post
    Neither one. When I make mistakes, I admit it. I may have misremembered which cities in the lower 48 were colder than Alaska. So here's another example of what I meant to point out:

    It’s warmer in Alaska than in Alabama today - al.com
    Who cares?

    This is a normal occurrence.
    The left says the right is full of racists and bigots and have no tolerance. Nobody from the right organizes interference with gay pride parades, or other leftist events. The left however always has a group interfering with events organized by the right. Who are the tolerant ones I ask? Most certainly not the left.

  6. #576
    Sage
    digitusmedius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    6,476

    Re: Arctic Cold Smashes October Records in the West, Plains

    Quote Originally Posted by Tim the plumber View Post

    Most damaging is not the same as most sever.

    Most damaging just means that people are living on the shore/beach more. That people havbe more valuable properties with more insurance.
    It's true that damage is not necessarily limited to the category of the hurricane. Storm surge and amount of rainfall as well as how long it remains over land and where it makes landfall are other factors. Rising sea level will definitely increase storm surges (that's what made Sandy so damaging) so there's a direct correlation with global warming there. But the fact that you refuse to admit is still that 85% of the most damaging hurricanes taking in all factors in our history have occurred in the era of CAGW.
    "When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." (authorship disputed)

  7. #577
    Sage
    digitusmedius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    6,476

    Re: Arctic Cold Smashes October Records in the West, Plains

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Planar View Post
    Who cares?

    This is a normal occurrence.
    It is in no way a "normal" occurrence other than in the CAGW denial cult mentality.
    "When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." (authorship disputed)

  8. #578
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    82,622
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Arctic Cold Smashes October Records in the West, Plains

    Quote Originally Posted by digitusmedius View Post
    I know making up **** is fun for the cult of climate denial but here are some facts (Nooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!). Seventeen of the 20 most damaging US hurricanes on record have occurred just since 2000:

    Screen Shot 2019-12-10 at 9.16.13 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2019-12-10 at 9.04.59 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-12-10 at 9.12.32 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2019-12-10 at 9.13.07 AM.jpg

    Data from NOAA
    source: Hurricane Damage and Costs to the U.S. Economy
    Dollar damages are a poor metric for storm severity.
    "Waste no more time arguing what a good man should be. Be one." --Marcus Aurelius

  9. #579
    Sage
    Lord of Planar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Portlandia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    36,004

    Re: Arctic Cold Smashes October Records in the West, Plains

    Quote Originally Posted by digitusmedius View Post
    It is in no way a "normal" occurrence other than in the CAGW denial cult mentality.
    You seem to be having a breakdown...

    You claim warming is causing record colds?
    The left says the right is full of racists and bigots and have no tolerance. Nobody from the right organizes interference with gay pride parades, or other leftist events. The left however always has a group interfering with events organized by the right. Who are the tolerant ones I ask? Most certainly not the left.

  10. #580
    Sage
    digitusmedius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    6,476

    Re: Arctic Cold Smashes October Records in the West, Plains

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Planar View Post
    You seem to be having a breakdown...

    You claim warming is causing record colds?
    OMFG. It is simply impossible to deprogram self-imposed cult mentality ignorance whether is antivaxxerism, Area51ism or climate denialism. One of the first scientific principles of global warming has always been the prediction of more erratic and dramatic swings in weather phenomena which I hope even you would include temperature. That comment is exhibit A in why it is impossible to have any kind of rational discussion with climate science deniers. They either don't know the first thing about the physics of global warming or they reject even that most basic scientific principle on the basis of the cult imperative.
    "When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." (authorship disputed)

Page 58 of 79 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •