Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 33

Thread: 11,000 Scientists Don't say..

  1. #1
    Sage
    Tim the plumber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Sheffield
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    15,036

    11,000 Scientists Don't say..

    YouTube

    Well if you thought 11,000 scientists said anything then you were conned.

  2. #2
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    68,605

    Re: 11,000 Scientists Don't say..

    Quote Originally Posted by Tim the plumber View Post
    YouTube

    Well if you thought 11,000 scientists said anything then you were conned.
    I've made this exact criticism every time right wingers come up with one of these lists, and every single time right wingers defend the list anyway. The most recent thread was "500" "experts" who included, I **** you not, an astrologer. (among many, many other hilariously unqualified people when it comes to the subject of climate change)

    PoS's defense was "hey there's three meteorologists!" (on a list of 500 alleged experts)
    So nobody forgets, you're welcome!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mashmont
    Remember Mashmont's predictions, people. Only 10,400 deaths, max. Only 130,000 COVID cases, max. This wouldn't make a garden variety flu season. Can you say hoax?

  3. #3
    Minister of Love
    PoS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Oceania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    21,838

    Re: 11,000 Scientists Don't say..

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    I've made this exact criticism every time right wingers come up with one of these lists, and every single time right wingers defend the list anyway. The most recent thread was "500" "experts" who included, I **** you not, an astrologer. (among many, many other hilariously unqualified people when it comes to the subject of climate change)

    PoS's defense was "hey there's three meteorologists!" (on a list of 500 alleged experts)
    I said at least 3, so get your facts straight, and thats more than I can say about your list of 11K fakers, none of whom are climate scientists.

  4. #4
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    68,605

    Re: 11,000 Scientists Don't say..

    Quote Originally Posted by PoS View Post
    I said at least 3, so get your facts straight, and thats more than I can say about your list of 11K fakers, none of whom are climate scientists.
    Listen, until you disavow a list of "experts" that includes an astrologer I am really not interested in your whining about the relative climate expertise of a graduate student. Your list has a lumber salesman on it. You don't care about qualification on the topic.
    So nobody forgets, you're welcome!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mashmont
    Remember Mashmont's predictions, people. Only 10,400 deaths, max. Only 130,000 COVID cases, max. This wouldn't make a garden variety flu season. Can you say hoax?

  5. #5
    Advisor

    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    366

    Re: 11,000 Scientists Don't say..

    Rebel Media calling CBC biased, that’s flippin’ hilarious.

  6. #6
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    87,985
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: 11,000 Scientists Don't say..

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    I've made this exact criticism every time right wingers come up with one of these lists, and every single time right wingers defend the list anyway. The most recent thread was "500" "experts" who included, I **** you not, an astrologer. (among many, many other hilariously unqualified people when it comes to the subject of climate change)

    PoS's defense was "hey there's three meteorologists!" (on a list of 500 alleged experts)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Listen, until you disavow a list of "experts" that includes an astrologer I am really not interested in your whining about the relative climate expertise of a graduate student. Your list has a lumber salesman on it. You don't care about qualification on the topic.
    No one on the "500" list misrepresented himself/herself. The "11,000" list was full of fraud.


    “11,000 scientists” climate emergency petition includes a bunch of fake names

    From the “there’s no quality control in climate science” department comes this laughable revelation, via the Australian: Scientists’ petition on climate crisis blocked over fake signatories Dozens of signatories including Mickey Mouse and Harry Potter headmaster Albus Dumbledore from Hogwarts have been *removed from an Alliance of World Scientists declaration of a “climate emergency”. Access…
    Continue reading →
    "Above all, not too much zeal." --Prince Talleyrand

  7. #7
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    68,605

    Re: 11,000 Scientists Don't say..

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    No one on the "500" list misrepresented himself/herself. The "11,000" list was full of fraud.

    [FONT="][/FONT]
    “11,000 scientists” climate emergency petition includes a bunch of fake names

    [FONT="]From the “there’s no quality control in climate science” department comes this laughable revelation, via the Australian: Scientists’ petition on climate crisis blocked over fake signatories Dozens of signatories including Mickey Mouse and Harry Potter headmaster Albus Dumbledore from Hogwarts have been *removed from an Alliance of World Scientists declaration of a “climate emergency”. Access…
    Continue reading →
    [/FONT]
    PoS was complaining about qualifications of grad students. While accepting the qualifications of... and I stress this yet again, a goddamned astrologer.
    So nobody forgets, you're welcome!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mashmont
    Remember Mashmont's predictions, people. Only 10,400 deaths, max. Only 130,000 COVID cases, max. This wouldn't make a garden variety flu season. Can you say hoax?

  8. #8
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    87,985
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: 11,000 Scientists Don't say..

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    PoS was complaining about qualifications of grad students. While accepting the qualifications of... and I stress this yet again, a goddamned astrologer.
    I really don't care what someone else is arguing. PoS is fully capable of taking care of himself.
    My point is that the "500" list is honest. The "11,000" list is full of fraud.
    "Above all, not too much zeal." --Prince Talleyrand

  9. #9
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    68,605

    Re: 11,000 Scientists Don't say..

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    I really don't care what someone else is arguing. PoS is fully capable of taking care of himself.
    My point is that the "500" list is honest. The "11,000" list is full of fraud.
    I'm aware that this is your point today. You were fine with defending qualifications a month ago in PoS's other thread.
    So nobody forgets, you're welcome!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mashmont
    Remember Mashmont's predictions, people. Only 10,400 deaths, max. Only 130,000 COVID cases, max. This wouldn't make a garden variety flu season. Can you say hoax?

  10. #10
    Believer
    WCH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Lone Star State.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,493

    Re: 11,000 Scientists Don't say..

    We walk by faith, not by sight.

    So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •