Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 116

Thread: Best Idea to allow Gretta to get to Spain without Flying

  1. #1
    Sage
    Tim the plumber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Sheffield
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    14,120

    Best Idea to allow Gretta to get to Spain without Flying

    YouTube

    Poor lass, she went to America by sail boat to avoid the problem of flying using fossil fuels but the IPCC's conferance has moved to Spain from Chille after the locals started rioting due to the increase in costs of all that green crap.

    So she needs to get to Spain in a hurry without using fossil fuels.

    How about dog sleigh over the Bearing straits? Then on the train, they are allowed for some reason, across Siberia, into Europe and on to Iberia?

    The sea has frozen nice and solid so it is do-able.

  2. #2
    Doctor D
    Oborosen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Heflin, Alabama
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    15,429

    Re: Best Idea to allow Gretta to get to Spain without Flying

    Can this poor child just go away already?
    Why do they run?
    Because they have no choice son, such is the way of cowards.
    But even a cornered rat, with no choice, will fight.
    Yes my son, and that should tell you more than you need to know about the coward.

  3. #3
    Sometimes wrong
    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    57,071

    Re: Best Idea to allow Gretta to get to Spain without Flying

    Hmm... in the Information Age it should be possible to convey (via email?) her brilliant speech to be given (read aloud) by someone else attending that meeting in Spain. Surely, such a environmentally conscious person could find some way to forego unnecessary intercontinental travel.
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  4. #4
    Global Moderator
    Stay Human
    Serenity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    26,344

    Re: Best Idea to allow Gretta to get to Spain without Flying

    Irrespective of whether you agree with Greta's platform or not, she absolutely does deserve praise for being able to stay focused on the issues.

    16 years old, subjected to shocking and repeated vile personal attacks in regards to her disability and appearance and yet she still stays focused.

    Disagreeing with her positions is one thing, the disgusting personal attacks are shameful.
    Why do we fall?
    So we can learn to pick ourselves up.

  5. #5
    Sage
    CaughtInThe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:26 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,250

    Re: Best Idea to allow Gretta to get to Spain without Flying

    This young girl really gets under the skin of 2019 Republicans.

    Then they turn around and support a New York City criminal who practices extortion and doesn't pay his bills.

    The picture has been painted for a long time.

  6. #6
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon

    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    28,209
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Best Idea to allow Gretta to get to Spain without Flying

    Quote Originally Posted by Serenity View Post
    Irrespective of whether you agree with Greta's platform or not, she absolutely does deserve praise for being able to stay focused on the issues.

    16 years old, subjected to shocking and repeated vile personal attacks in regards to her disability and appearance and yet she still stays focused.

    Disagreeing with her positions is one thing, the disgusting personal attacks are shameful.
    The one thing that gets me as well, is this idea she's "just being used".

    Like someone with her disability and at her age just can't possibly think for themselves, coming from people addicted to anti-science propaganda blogs and who think climate science is some giant conspiracy.

  7. #7
    Sage
    longview's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    23,750

    Re: Best Idea to allow Gretta to get to Spain without Flying

    She Could ask the US NAVY as a public relations gesture, if they would supply her a load of carbon neutral jet fuel,
    for a private jet to take her to Spain.
    How US Navy plans to produce jet fuel from seawater on-board the aircraft carriers - Patent Yogi LLC

  8. #8
    Big Scary Liberal
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Akron
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,199

    Re: Best Idea to allow Gretta to get to Spain without Flying

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    The one thing that gets me as well, is this idea she's "just being used".

    Like someone with her disability and at her age just can't possibly think for themselves, coming from people addicted to anti-science propaganda blogs and who think climate science is some giant conspiracy.
    Its patently untrue. She does display signs of autism, you can see it in her face, but so what?

    My son has high functioning autism and knows exactly who he is and what he is about. This young woman is the same.

    People have their own particular struggles, this is hers and in the end it doesn't mean a damn thing because she knows what she wants and will overcome the obstacles to get it.
    "This is America - and here, right matters."

    - Lt. Col. Alexander Vindman, Director for European Affairs for the United States National Security Council

  9. #9
    Minister of Love
    PoS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Oceania
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    20,223

    Re: Best Idea to allow Gretta to get to Spain without Flying

    Quote Originally Posted by Tim the plumber View Post
    YouTube

    Poor lass, she went to America by sail boat to avoid the problem of flying using fossil fuels but the IPCC's conferance has moved to Spain from Chille after the locals started rioting due to the increase in costs of all that green crap.

    So she needs to get to Spain in a hurry without using fossil fuels.

    How about dog sleigh over the Bearing straits? Then on the train, they are allowed for some reason, across Siberia, into Europe and on to Iberia?

    The sea has frozen nice and solid so it is do-able.
    She ought to do a Phileas Fogg and get on a hot air balloon.

  10. #10
    Sage 3leftsdoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:16 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,969

    Re: Best Idea to allow Gretta to get to Spain without Flying

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    Hmm... in the Information Age it should be possible to convey (via email?) her brilliant speech to be given (read aloud) by someone else attending that meeting in Spain. Surely, such a environmentally conscious person could find some way to forego unnecessary intercontinental travel.
    Someone needs to invent video conferencing & Sype & You Tube & stuff.

    Where are the Edisons & Jobs & Teslas when Greta needs them?

    Killed by collapsing icebergs every one...



    Last edited by 3leftsdoo; 11-06-19 at 09:19 AM.
    Go Vote for Yang / Tulsi - Just Dang!

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •