Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 116

Thread: Confirmed: Mainstream Media Outlets Working Together To Set Climate Agenda

  1. #1
    Minister of Love
    PoS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Oceania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    19,288

    Confirmed: Mainstream Media Outlets Working Together To Set Climate Agenda

    Covering Climate Now signs on over 170 news outlets - Columbia Journalism Review

    More than 170 news outlets from around the world with a combined audience of hundreds of millions of people have now signed up for Covering Climate Now, a project co-founded by CJR and The Nation aimed at strengthening the media’s focus on the climate crisis.
    All outlets have committed to running a week’s worth of climate coverage in the lead-up to the United Nations Climate Action Summit in New York on Sept. 23. At that meeting, the world’s governments will submit plans to meet the Paris Agreement’s pledge to keep global temperature rise “well below” 2 degrees Celsius.
    So we're looking at an obvious agenda here- to brainwash the uninformed public based on an unproven hypothesis and hyperbolic apocalyptic predictions that the world is somehow going to end if the average temperature goes up by less than 2 degrees. And of course the lemmings are going to lap this up.

  2. #2
    Sage

    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    33,011

    Re: Confirmed: Mainstream Media Outlets Working Together To Set Climate Agenda

    That's mighty rich coming from someone who gets most of their info from WattsUp. Lemmings, indeed.

    All of the news outlets participating will decide for themselves how many climate stories to run during the September week of coverage, and what those stories say. The only requirement is that the participating outlets make a good faith effort to run as much high-quality climate coverage as they can—and thereby signal to their audiences the paramount importance of the climate story.
    DEMOCRAT 2020

  3. #3
    Minister of Love
    PoS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Oceania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    19,288

    Re: Confirmed: Mainstream Media Outlets Working Together To Set Climate Agenda

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    That's mighty rich coming from someone who gets most of their info from WattsUp. Lemmings, indeed.
    If you bothered to look at the link its from a journalism review publication, not from WUWT. Total fail on your part.

  4. #4
    A sinister place...
    OrphanSlug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Atlanta
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,619

    Re: Confirmed: Mainstream Media Outlets Working Together To Set Climate Agenda

    Makes sense though, in the worst sort of way we have politicized the issue do badly that about all that is left is making the whole thing a media driven agenda.
    "Democracy without respect for individual rights sucks. It's just ganging up against the weird kid, and I'm always the weird kid." - Penn Jillette.

  5. #5
    Sage

    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    33,011

    Re: Confirmed: Mainstream Media Outlets Working Together To Set Climate Agenda

    Quote Originally Posted by PoS View Post
    If you bothered to look at the link its from a journalism review publication, not from WUWT. Total fail on your part.
    But it's a news article about media coverage, not a scientific study about climate change.

    Are you denying that you base your opinion about global warming mostly on what you read in WattsUp?
    Last edited by Moot; 09-16-19 at 05:07 AM.
    DEMOCRAT 2020

  6. #6
    Dungeon Master
    Hooter Babe

    DiAnna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Northern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    40,662
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Confirmed: Mainstream Media Outlets Working Together To Set Climate Agenda

    Quote Originally Posted by PoS View Post
    Covering Climate Now signs on over 170 news outlets - Columbia Journalism Review



    So we're looking at an obvious agenda here- to brainwash the uninformed public based on an unproven hypothesis and hyperbolic apocalyptic predictions that the world is somehow going to end if the average temperature goes up by less than 2 degrees. And of course the lemmings are going to lap this up.
    Oh FFS; words cannot express how disappointed I am with your utter disregard of decades of scientific research. WTF, do you have a self-published book about how humans affecting climate change are basically destroying the planet is some kind of partisan myth? I see no other reason why an intelligent individual who has survived decades with increasingly polluted oceans and drinking water, along with the massive destruction of global ice, rising sea levels, extinction of thousands of land and sea creatures, and the imminent inundation of thousands of miles of coastal land mass around the globe could possibly pretend that "there's nothing to see here, move along."

    Humans are destroying this planet. If you don't care, for whatever reason, your grandchildren's and great-grandchildren's generation certainly will care, because they very well may represent that last generation of human beings on what will eventually be a completely dead planet. What on god's green earth do you personally get out of this utterly indefensible propaganda platitude? The mind boggles. Do you believe that as long as you get what you want during your lifetime that the lives of those who come after you no longer matter, because you won't be around to care? I just can't wrap my mind around something so selfish and narcissistic.
    _____________________________________________

    Quote Originally Posted by gulfman View Post
    Every society has untermensch.Sub human garbage that needs to be put down like rabid dogs.Trump is right.

  7. #7
    Global Moderator
    Moderator
    Helix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    53,571

    Re: Confirmed: Mainstream Media Outlets Working Together To Set Climate Agenda

    CTers gonna CT.

  8. #8
    Minister of Love
    PoS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Oceania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    19,288

    Re: Confirmed: Mainstream Media Outlets Working Together To Set Climate Agenda

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    But it's a news article about media coverage, not a scientific study about climate change.

    Are you denying that you base your opinion about global warming mostly on what you read in WattsUp?
    Yes I am. If you got any proof that I cite my responses based on that blog, then please post it, otherwise youre lying.

    Quote Originally Posted by DiAnna View Post
    Oh FFS; words cannot express how disappointed I am with your utter disregard of decades of scientific research. WTF, do you have a self-published book about how humans affecting climate change are basically destroying the planet is some kind of partisan myth? I see no other reason why an intelligent individual who has survived decades with increasingly polluted oceans and drinking water, along with the massive destruction of global ice, rising sea levels, extinction of thousands of land and sea creatures, and the imminent inundation of thousands of miles of coastal land mass around the globe could possibly pretend that "there's nothing to see here, move along."
    Wow, of all the people to come up with a strawman, I never expected it from you, Di.

    Firstly where is this scientific research you speak of that conclusively proves that there will be a climate apocalypse thats gonna happen if the global temp rises by another 2 degrees?

    Humans are destroying this planet. If you don't care, for whatever reason, your grandchildren's and great-grandchildren's generation certainly will care, because they very well may represent that last generation of human beings on what will eventually be a completely dead planet. What on god's green earth do you personally get out of this utterly indefensible propaganda platitude? The mind boggles. Do you believe that as long as you get what you want during your lifetime that the lives of those who come after you no longer matter, because you won't be around to care? I just can't wrap my mind around something so selfish and narcissistic.
    Destroying the planet? Jesus H Christ this is hyperbole central here. Could you please explain just how are we gonna "kill" the planet? CO2 isnt a Death Star you know- anyone with a knowledge of basic science knows its an essential element we need to live on.

  9. #9
    Guru
    Bergslagstroll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,597

    Re: Confirmed: Mainstream Media Outlets Working Together To Set Climate Agenda

    It as a very good initiative. That media companies have for a long time failed in their reporting about climate change. So it good with projects like this to strengthening the media’s focus on the climate crisis.

    Climate deniers get more media play than scientists: study

    Climate Change plays major role in top 10 underreported humanitarian crises of 2018, shows new report by CARE International | Care International

    There the evidence of the urgent need for action on manmade global warming is so overwhelming that even federal agencies under Donald Trump and the fossil fuel companies have to acknowledge it.

    Fourth National Climate Assessment

    Statements on Paris climate agreement | ExxonMobil

  10. #10
    Minister of Love
    PoS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Oceania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    19,288

    Re: Confirmed: Mainstream Media Outlets Working Together To Set Climate Agenda

    Quote Originally Posted by Bergslagstroll View Post
    It as a very good initiative. That media companies have for a long time failed in their reporting about climate change. So it good with projects like this to strengthening the media’s focus on the climate crisis.

    Climate deniers get more media play than scientists: study

    Climate Change plays major role in top 10 underreported humanitarian crises of 2018, shows new report by CARE International | Care International

    There the evidence of the urgent need for action on manmade global warming is so overwhelming that even federal agencies under Donald Trump and the fossil fuel companies have to acknowledge it.

    Fourth National Climate Assessment

    Statements on Paris climate agreement | ExxonMobil
    I can post BS links too... see?

    Experts Warn Hurricane Dorian Could Devastate Florida’s Wild Sea-Doo Population

    https://www.theonion.com/cnn-schedules-7-hour-climate-change-town-hall-1837700925

    https://www.theonion.com/report-aver...tur-1836604584

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •