Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 26 of 26

Thread: Green authoritarianism

  1. #21
    Sage
    Tim the plumber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Sheffield
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,020

    Re: Green authoritarianism

    Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaAdonis View Post
    There you go again Ole Nate with your notions of trying to reason with people who aren't reasonable.

    We can either try can come to an understanding with people who think there's wisdom in a document written by a bunch racist, slave-owning creationists or we can make real progress and be thanked by future generations. The root-word of "Progressive" is progress don't forget.
    I am open to reason. The abovve is an appeal for you to do some reasoning.

  2. #22
    Sage
    Fledermaus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Peoples Republic of California AKA Taxifornia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    45,288

    Re: Green authoritarianism

    Quote Originally Posted by DaveFagan View Post
    You're weaseling! Just another fieldmouse dropping. SHAME!
    /
    Your ignorance of corporations is noted.
    'All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.'

    Douglas Adams

  3. #23
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    68,653
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Green authoritarianism

    Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaAdonis View Post
    I've come to the conclusion that we cannot save the planet within the parameters of the constitution (especially with a right-wing supreme court and a Senate representation scheme that favors red states). We are going to need to elect a progressive strongman that is not afraid to circumvent and undermine the norms of government and can do what needs to be done to save the planet. I know this comes with risks, but we can either save the planet or follow our "kawnstitution" off a cliff.

    It's just not going to be enough to have progressive state legislatures and governors getting behind it. Someone has to force the less environmentally-conscious red states to be more energy efficient and pollute less. I don't like it, but the first Democrat to say they don't care about the "kawnstitution" and just want to save the planet from the dire crisis it's in will be getting my vote. Basically, we need a Green Donald Trump without the racism and ignorance and bigotry.

    Thoughts?
    Sorry, but what the planet really needs to be saved from is the fanaticism represented by your post.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  4. #24
    Sage
    Tim the plumber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Sheffield
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,020

    Re: Green authoritarianism

    Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaAdonis View Post
    There you go again Ole Nate with your notions of trying to reason with people who aren't reasonable.

    We can either try can come to an understanding with people who think there's wisdom in a document written by a bunch racist, slave-owning creationists or we can make real progress and be thanked by future generations. The root-word of "Progressive" is progress don't forget.
    Any chance of that reasoning stuff?

  5. #25
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    58,967

    Re: Green authoritarianism

    Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaAdonis View Post
    I've come to the conclusion that we cannot save the planet within the parameters of the constitution (especially with a right-wing supreme court and a Senate representation scheme that favors red states). We are going to need to elect a progressive strongman that is not afraid to circumvent and undermine the norms of government and can do what needs to be done to save the planet. I know this comes with risks, but we can either save the planet or follow our "kawnstitution" off a cliff.

    It's just not going to be enough to have progressive state legislatures and governors getting behind it. Someone has to force the less environmentally-conscious red states to be more energy efficient and pollute less. I don't like it, but the first Democrat to say they don't care about the "kawnstitution" and just want to save the planet from the dire crisis it's in will be getting my vote. Basically, we need a Green Donald Trump without the racism and ignorance and bigotry.

    Thoughts?
    You're wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Are you sure? Race is the only difference between Swedish socialism and Venezualan socialism.

  6. #26
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    68,653
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Green authoritarianism

    Climate ugliness
    Pielke and Lomborg accused of “fact mongering”

    Reposted from cliscep.com Posted on 10 Jan 19 by Paul Matthews Here’s a remarkable example of the post-truthiness of some elements of contemporary academia. A magazine called Issues in Science and Technology has published an article Fear Mongering & Fact Mongering, by Adam Briggle, a philosopher at a third-rate institution called University of North Texas.…
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •