Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20

Thread: MAGA Econimics 001

  1. #1
    Professor
    Gary's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    08-15-19 @ 09:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,486

    MAGA Econimics 001

    At this moment, there is an opportunity to make America great again, but I don't see evidence of it happening. I'm not going to make a comprehensive listing immediately, but during this time of low employment, it's the ideal time to make such changes. Try using the numbers to identify specific points. They really need to be done together for maximum effect.

    1. Lower taxes - Repeal the present tax cut and focus a tax cut for the middle middleclass down to the poor weighted for the poor. The logic is simple, those people will spend the money quickly and stimulate the economy. Remove sales taxes on fuels to make transportation cheaper and that will stimulate the economy. In fact, all sales taxes, like state sales taxes should be eliminated. Regressive taxation hurts the economy. The people will spend the money if they don't have to send it to the government and will stimulate the economy. The big fish will get their share as the benefits of a good economy gives them good investments and business opportunities. They don't need the dole. Tariffs are a no no, there are better ways to negotiate.

    2. Legalize marijuana and end incarceration for people without large involvements in drugs. Keeping them in jail is expensive and hardly worth the effort. Target the source, not the users.

    3. Increase the minimum wage. That will obviously stimulate the economy.

    4. Set the minimum working age at 16 requiring working papers until 18. They are kids and deserve a one time childhood.

    5. Open the borders. There have been plenty of times in the past, we have opened our borders to immigration to build America and we can do it right now with out low unemployment. Get rid of that fiasco going on in our southern border as quickly as possible. If the whole population of those triangle countries can here, America could handle it. Let them enter the country and assimilate. Get our embassies around the world to find immigrants. That will bring a lot of talent to America. Make Lady Liberty shine again.

  2. #2
    pleb nekrodev's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,097

    Re: MAGA Econimics 001

    I disagree with the open borders, and maybe also a bit with sales tax, but overall I would support something like this.

    In fact, I would go so far as to make anyone earning less than like 50k a year tax exempt (federally, maybe not on a state level), because even with the population of the US being what it is, it is a negligible part of our tax revenue.

  3. #3
    Professor TrueScotsman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Last Seen
    07-18-19 @ 05:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,816

    Re: MAGA Econimics 001

    No to open borders, that will really trigger them. Immigration reform with limited immigration and a controlled border. We can take people in, without simply inviting everyone in while we also expand entitlements.
    “We have art in order not to die of the truth.”
    ― Friedrich Nietzsche

  4. #4
    Sage
    Mycroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    46,962

    Re: MAGA Econimics 001

    Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    At this moment, there is an opportunity to make America great again, but I don't see evidence of it happening. I'm not going to make a comprehensive listing immediately, but during this time of low employment, it's the ideal time to make such changes. Try using the numbers to identify specific points. They really need to be done together for maximum effect.

    1. Lower taxes - Repeal the present tax cut and focus a tax cut for the middle middleclass down to the poor weighted for the poor. The logic is simple, those people will spend the money quickly and stimulate the economy. Remove sales taxes on fuels to make transportation cheaper and that will stimulate the economy. In fact, all sales taxes, like state sales taxes should be eliminated. Regressive taxation hurts the economy. The people will spend the money if they don't have to send it to the government and will stimulate the economy. The big fish will get their share as the benefits of a good economy gives them good investments and business opportunities. They don't need the dole. Tariffs are a no no, there are better ways to negotiate.

    2. Legalize marijuana and end incarceration for people without large involvements in drugs. Keeping them in jail is expensive and hardly worth the effort. Target the source, not the users.

    3. Increase the minimum wage. That will obviously stimulate the economy.

    4. Set the minimum working age at 16 requiring working papers until 18. They are kids and deserve a one time childhood.

    5. Open the borders. There have been plenty of times in the past, we have opened our borders to immigration to build America and we can do it right now with out low unemployment. Get rid of that fiasco going on in our southern border as quickly as possible. If the whole population of those triangle countries can here, America could handle it. Let them enter the country and assimilate. Get our embassies around the world to find immigrants. That will bring a lot of talent to America. Make Lady Liberty shine again.
    ???

    Is this a mistype?
    TANSTAAFL

    Liberal turned conservative David Mamet famously said: In order to continue advancing their illogical arguments modern liberals have to pretend not to know things…

  5. #5
    Professor
    gulfman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,437

    Re: MAGA Econimics 001

    Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    At this moment, there is an opportunity to make America great again, but I don't see evidence of it happening. I'm not going to make a comprehensive listing immediately, but during this time of low employment, it's the ideal time to make such changes. Try using the numbers to identify specific points. They really need to be done together for maximum effect.

    1. Lower taxes - Repeal the present tax cut and focus a tax cut for the middle middleclass down to the poor weighted for the poor. The logic is simple, those people will spend the money quickly and stimulate the economy. Remove sales taxes on fuels to make transportation cheaper and that will stimulate the economy. In fact, all sales taxes, like state sales taxes should be eliminated. Regressive taxation hurts the economy. The people will spend the money if they don't have to send it to the government and will stimulate the economy. The big fish will get their share as the benefits of a good economy gives them good investments and business opportunities. They don't need the dole. Tariffs are a no no, there are better ways to negotiate.

    2. Legalize marijuana and end incarceration for people without large involvements in drugs. Keeping them in jail is expensive and hardly worth the effort. Target the source, not the users.

    3. Increase the minimum wage. That will obviously stimulate the economy.

    4. Set the minimum working age at 16 requiring working papers until 18. They are kids and deserve a one time childhood.

    5. Open the borders. There have been plenty of times in the past, we have opened our borders to immigration to build America and we can do it right now with out low unemployment. Get rid of that fiasco going on in our southern border as quickly as possible. If the whole population of those triangle countries can here, America could handle it. Let them enter the country and assimilate. Get our embassies around the world to find immigrants. That will bring a lot of talent to America. Make Lady Liberty shine again.
    Why don't you take in a family of immigrants and house,feed,educate them,pay their medical and dental and speak only Spanish in your home.Then complain 24/7 why Trump isn't doing enough to help you.

  6. #6
    Professor
    Gary's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    08-15-19 @ 09:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,486

    Re: MAGA Econimics 001

    Quote Originally Posted by nekrodev View Post
    I disagree with the open borders, and maybe also a bit with sales tax, but overall I would support something like this.

    In fact, I would go so far as to make anyone earning less than like 50k a year tax exempt (federally, maybe not on a state level), because even with the population of the US being what it is, it is a negligible part of our tax revenue.
    Open borders isn't totally having borders open, unless the future dictates it should be. Presently, it means increasing our existing immigration quotas substantially in ways to dilute the present influx from the border. Let's say we take in 10 million a year for 5 years, that would definitely stimulate many industries and bring in a lot of talent to dilute the initial serge from the triangle countries, which are probably less talented in general, but still have enough skills to be worthwhile. Just let them go and let the border problem resolve itself. 5 years and 50+ million people from now, it will only be a distant memory.

    As far as sales taxes go, the less regressive taxation the better. It's the spending that stimulates the economy. The extra population adds growth.

  7. #7
    Professor
    Gary's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    08-15-19 @ 09:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,486

    Re: MAGA Econimics 001

    Quote Originally Posted by gulfman View Post
    Why don't you take in a family of immigrants and house,feed,educate them,pay their medical and dental and speak only Spanish in your home.Then complain 24/7 why Trump isn't doing enough to help you.
    What does that have to do with the subject? Go troll somewhere else.

  8. #8
    Professor
    Gary's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    08-15-19 @ 09:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,486

    Re: MAGA Econimics 001

    Quote Originally Posted by TrueScotsman View Post
    No to open borders, that will really trigger them. Immigration reform with limited immigration and a controlled border. We can take people in, without simply inviting everyone in while we also expand entitlements.
    Have you looked at the population of the triangle countries? Imagine adding the ones we have with a total of 50 million people in 5 years. Set up embassies in those countries to check asylum seekers and other immigrants. Do you need a fence to have a policy that if you cross the border other than a port of entry, you will be returned. It beats trying to house people, so let them go and get rid of the problem. It would have to be done in phases, but still could be done rather quickly. Give in and just say the hell with it. Try to help them figure out how they will live in America. They can do it better than a government can.
    Last edited by Gary; 06-23-19 at 10:55 PM.

  9. #9
    Professor
    Gary's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    08-15-19 @ 09:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,486

    Re: MAGA Econimics 001

    Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    ???

    Is this a mistype?
    I meant unemployment. I was tired and didn't edit it well enough.

    I think even tRump has a golden opportunity, just not enough sense to take advantage of it. So what if he caves on the border, he can handle it. If all those things were done together and I'm sure there are many other good ideas, it would really boost the US economy.
    Last edited by Gary; 06-23-19 at 11:33 PM.

  10. #10
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Last Seen
    08-15-19 @ 06:24 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,120

    Re: MAGA Econimics 001

    Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    The logic is simple, those people will spend the money quickly and stimulate the economy.
    very illiterate. You stimulate the economy with new inventions not tax cuts. We got from Stone age to here with new invention, not tax cuts. Do you understand now?

    Also, govt spends very quickly too and even spends $1 trillion more than it has a year, but this has nothing to do with real stimulating, just with churning or bubbling up economy. Got it now???

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •