Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
Results 91 to 97 of 97

Thread: Tax cuts bring back American jobs and help make America great again.

  1. #91
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    France
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    5,442

    Re: Tax cuts bring back American jobs and help make America great again.

    MANIC WILL

    Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Valley View Post
    Wages remain stagnant. The deficit and inflation are rising.

    If history is a guide per GOP tax cuts, a recession is unavoidable.
    Nope, aint gonna happin.

    Yes, the issue is a proverbial problem, particularly recently. But, there are some solid arguments against the Debt Problem becoming a crisis. See this article here (Time Mag., Feb. 2016): How Much Does America's Huge National Debt Actually Matter?

    After briefly surging to the forefront of the national debate, concerns about U.S. debt appear to have gradually dissipated in the body politic. A recent Pew survey found just slightly above half of Americans consider the budget deficit a top priority, down from 72% in 2013, and the issue has fallen in that time from the public’s number two priority (behind only the economy) to number nine.

    But while deficit hawks may no longer hold as much sway, their concerns are still worth investigating, especially as election season approaches. The essential question: How much does national debt matter? For a country like the U.S. with a good payment history, (relatively) strong economy and control over its own currency, the answer at least for the moment, is “not too much.”

    To understand why, looking at the country’s total debt, which has nearly doubled following the financial crisis, matters less than how much it costs to finance our debt. That is, the most important number is the minimum payment on the credit card bill, rather the the total amount we owe.
    Demand will sustain itself unless Donald Dork starts a war somewhere. (And his innate-imbecility is quite capable of doing such ...)

    For the Great Recession2, the same conditions need exist. And they don't. The same idiotic falsified "conditions" for getting a house-loan (in fifteen-minutes) no longer exist since the Fed screwed-down on the rules. The American public is not going willy-nilly into debt.

    MY TAKE

    America's real-problem may be that of a generalized mentality that has taken hold in the body-public. It is one that is repeating itself from the past. Remember the manic Gold Rush of the 1850s from American history?

    This time it's the Internet that is providing to the American public the means and the manic will for a Repeat Performance.

    But that too will taper to nothing over time ...

    PS: Having said all that, now watch history prove me wrong! ;^)
    Last edited by Lafayette; 06-24-18 at 01:01 AM.
    Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them; then neither persons nor property will be safe. (Frederick Douglass)

  2. #92
    Guru Bullseye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    San Diego
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,134

    Re: Tax cuts bring back American jobs and help make America great again.

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnfrmClevelan View Post
    Strange, since most of the country disapproves of Trump and the job he is doing. And a good hunk of that majority thinks that he's an absolute disaster.

    It's way too early to judge Trump's effect on the economy. Even Trump University lasted five years before it imploded. There is no shortage of fools that still believe in this guy; maybe that's the kind of self-delusion that buoys up consumer confidence until actual economic conditions can no longer be ignored.
    I'd agree with your first sentence. The rest is nonsense, you're still suffering from the aftereffects of having your beloved Hillary slam dunked into the trash can of life.

  3. #93
    Rcovering Analog Dinosaur
    Checkerboard Strangler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    11,521
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Tax cuts bring back American jobs and help make America great again.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
    I'd agree with your first sentence. The rest is nonsense, you're still suffering from the aftereffects of having your beloved Hillary slam dunked into the trash can of life.
    If you can manage to keep convincing yourself that everyone who opposes Trump is doing so only because of some imagined loyalty to Hillary Clinton, that might serve to buoy your own braggadocio until November.
    After that, if the American people do their duty and vote out your Republican majorities, you'll be forced to rationalize your whistling in the dark.

    After all, if a bumper crop of people who have no loyalty to either Hillary or Obama appear in Congress, your conclusions will deflate faster than Tom Brady's footballs.
    Cue frantic red-baiting!

    OMG TEH SOCIALISMZ!!!
    OMG TEH SOCIALISMZ!!!
    OMG TEH SOCIALISMZ!!!

    meme-face-rage.jpg

  4. #94
    Guru Bullseye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    San Diego
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,134

    Re: Tax cuts bring back American jobs and help make America great again.

    Quote Originally Posted by Checkerboard Strangler View Post
    If you can manage to keep convincing yourself that everyone who opposes Trump is doing so only because of some imagined loyalty to Hillary Clinton, that might serve to buoy your own braggadocio until November.
    After that, if the American people do their duty and vote out your Republican majorities, you'll be forced to rationalize your whistling in the dark.

    After all, if a bumper crop of people who have no loyalty to either Hillary or Obama appear in Congress, your conclusions will deflate faster than Tom Brady's footballs.
    Cue frantic red-baiting!
    Speaking of "braggadocio until November" An entire post of it. Well done. Seems like I've heard this "we're gonna kick Trump's ass in November" before.

  5. #95
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    45,201

    Re: Tax cuts bring back American jobs and help make America great again.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
    Speaking of "braggadocio until November" An entire post of it. Well done. Seems like I've heard this "we're gonna kick Trump's ass in November" before.
    Trump will continue to fool his supporters unless the economy tanks due to his trade wars. If that happens, he's history, and a dark chapter at that.

    Note: Not one mention of Hillary Clinton in that response.


    "Hes now president for life. President for life. And hes great. Trump added, I think its great. Maybe well give that a shot someday. -Trump speaking of Xi Jinping

  6. #96
    Guru Bullseye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    San Diego
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,134

    Re: Tax cuts bring back American jobs and help make America great again.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    Trump will continue to fool his supporters unless the economy tanks due to his trade wars. If that happens, he's history, and a dark chapter at that.

    Note: Not one mention of Hillary Clinton in that response.
    LOL, he's "fooling" a lot more than his supporters. Maybe you've missed the strong economy and job market, for instance. Or the progress in NK. Only ones being "fooled" are the "Nuh-uh-ers" like you who won't believe their lying eyes. I'm not a fan of Trump's tariffs but if they end up improving our market positions they may be worth it. Remember when everyone was crapping on him for his bellicose approach to NK. Now, I hear NK has taken down all its anti-America signs and posters and remove anti-US commercials from its media. Sometimes a little chest thumping works.

  7. #97
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    45,201

    Re: Tax cuts bring back American jobs and help make America great again.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
    LOL, he's "fooling" a lot more than his supporters. Maybe you've missed the strong economy and job market, for instance. Or the progress in NK. Only ones being "fooled" are the "Nuh-uh-ers" like you who won't believe their lying eyes. I'm not a fan of Trump's tariffs but if they end up improving our market positions they may be worth it. Remember when everyone was crapping on him for his bellicose approach to NK. Now, I hear NK has taken down all its anti-America signs and posters and remove anti-US commercials from its media. Sometimes a little chest thumping works.
    In the unlikely event that NK actually gets rid of its nukes, then Trump will deserve all the accolades and support he will get. If the economy remains good despite his trade wars, he may even be reelected. The economy is the main thing voters see, after all.

    They seem to think that the president has more control over the economy than he actually does.


    "Hes now president for life. President for life. And hes great. Trump added, I think its great. Maybe well give that a shot someday. -Trump speaking of Xi Jinping

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •