Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 185

Thread: Progressive taxation

  1. #171
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:32 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    35,865

    Re: Progressive taxation

    Quote Originally Posted by Lafayette View Post
    Blah, blah, blah.

    Getting your rocks off, are you ... ?
    Your concession is noted you have failed to support your argument once again.
    happens all the time with you.

    Remember, this is a Debate Forum, not a fist-fight in a bar. YOu should probably take your own advice.

  2. #172
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    France
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    5,365

    Re: Progressive taxation

    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    Your concession is noted you have failed to support your argument once again.
    happens all the time with you.

    Remember, this is a Debate Forum, not a fist-fight in a bar. YOu should probably take your own advice.
    More blah, blah, blah and a dash of sarcasm.

    Yet another Replicant flexing his muscles brainlessly ...
    Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them; then neither persons nor property will be safe. (Frederick Douglass)

  3. #173
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Republic of Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    15,413

    Re: Progressive taxation

    Quote Originally Posted by Lafayette View Post
    Because they don't vote and therefore the Replicants could care less about them ... ?

    Yet another Replicant flexing his muscles brainlessly ...
    Again with the name calling.

  4. #174
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Last Seen
    08-17-18 @ 06:18 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    11,869

    Re: Progressive taxation

    Quote Originally Posted by Lafayette View Post
    Because they don't vote and therefore the Replicants could care less about them ... ?
    $60K per person per year in welfare entitlements for the poor is a lot of caring and whats responsible for the problem. The cure turned out to be far worse than the disease!


    From Walter E Williams PH.D : "History is not going to be kind to liberals. With their mindless programs, they've managed to do to Black Americans what slavery, Reconstruction, and rank racism found impossible: destroy their family and work ethic."

  5. #175
    Student Mircea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Last Seen
    08-03-18 @ 08:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    181

    Re: Progressive taxation

    Quote Originally Posted by Lafayette View Post
    Depends upon how you define "success":
    *Having 45 million people living below the Poverty Threshold (income of $24K for a family of 4) does not smack of "success".
    That's a totally useless statistic.

    There are more than 1,500 separately functioning economies in the US.

    The Cost-of-Living varies tremendously between those 1,500 separately functioning economies.

    For example, some single people in those economies who earn $26.60/hour ($49,150 annually) are eligible for HUD Section 8 housing, while some single people in other economies do not qualify for HUD Section 8 housing, because at $7.70/hour ($16,000 annually) they earn too much money.

    To suggest that 45 Million are living in poverty, without actually examining the economic circumstances is absurd.

    If you're working a job in White Plains, New Jersey receiving $100,000 per year, should you move to Cincinnati, Ohio for a job that pays $58,000 per year?

    Yes, because you'll actually have more money.

    If you don't understand why, you should probably refrain from posting statistical nonsense.


    Quote Originally Posted by Lafayette View Post
    *Having an average lifespan of 79 years compared to 83 in Europe doesn't either.
    Tiny homogeneous European nation-States don't have Chicagos or Baltimores filled with American Blacks killing one another.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lafayette View Post
    *Having 0.1% of the families that have as much Wealth as 90% of families does not smack of Income Fairness either, which is why Income Disparity is a major failure.
    Wealth disparity is a non-event.

    Perhaps you can explain from where the money will come to purchase all of that wealth and convert it into cash to be redistributed.

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post



    Notice how wages and productivity moved up together until the 1980's and then when Reaganomics kicked it wages went flat as productivity (and profits) went up dramatically.
    The only accurate and correct measure of productivity is:

    Unit Volume / Labor Hours = Productivity

    200,000 labor-hours; 1 Million widgets produced; unit price is $10; gross revenues $10 Million
    190,000 labor-hours; 950,000 widgets produced; unit price is $12; gross revenues $11.4 Million

    Did Productivity increase?

    No, it didn't.

  6. #176
    Professor

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:24 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    2,359

    Re: Progressive taxation

    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    It is not my fault that you want to cherry pick data to try and form an argument.
    wages for the majority of people have continued to increase.

    while minimum wage has been stagnant that is just how it goes. People should grow beyond a minimum wage job.
    It was never meant to be a lifestyle and for some reason we have turned it into one.
    Bull. Wages have stagnated in real terms for at least 30 years. Do you know what 'in real terms' means?

  7. #177
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    France
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    5,365

    Re: Progressive taxation

    Quote Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
    That's a totally useless statistic. There are more than 1,500 separately functioning economies in the US. The Cost-of-Living varies tremendously between those 1,500 separately functioning economies.

    For example, some single people in those economies who earn $26.60/hour ($49,150 annually) are eligible for HUD Section 8 housing, while some single people in other economies do not qualify for HUD Section 8 housing, because at $7.70/hour ($16,000 annually) they earn too much money.
    You don't have a viable argument in rebuttal, so you are playing games with words.

    The Census Bureau keeps tabs on the Poverty Threshold because it is a spurious effort?

    That's the BS you are trying to make us believe here.


    Quote Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
    To suggest that 45 Million are living in poverty, without actually examining the economic circumstances is absurd. If you're working a job in White Plains, New Jersey receiving $100,000 per year, should you move to Cincinnati, Ohio for a job that pays $58,000 per year?

    Yes, because you'll actually have more money. If you don't understand why, you should probably refrain from posting statistical nonsense.
    Copycat. Your arguments are inconsistent and highly biased, which surprises no one.

    Replicants are devoid of any cogent explanation of why taxation is grossly unfair in the US.

    Take your argument to the Census Bureau, and ask them why they are wasting "taxpayer money" on wrong-headed statistics regarding American poverty.


    Quote Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
    The only accurate and correct measure of productivity is:

    Unit Volume / Labor Hours = Productivity
    200,000 labor-hours; 1 Million widgets produced; unit price is $10; gross revenues $10 Million
    190,000 labor-hours; 950,000 widgets produced; unit price is $12; gross revenues $11.4 Million

    Did Productivity increase? No, it didn't.
    National Productivity is an index of key importance. You are treating it childishly.

    PS: Nice try, though. Your argumentation shows some thought, of which most Replicant Troglodytes are incompetent. Why? Because they are knee-jerking at the altar of Wealth out of blind-faith ...
    Last edited by Lafayette; 03-14-18 at 04:48 AM.
    Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them; then neither persons nor property will be safe. (Frederick Douglass)

  8. #178
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    France
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    5,365

    Re: Progressive taxation

    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    Your concession is noted you have failed to support your argument once again.
    happens all the time with you.

    Remember, this is a Debate Forum, not a fist-fight in a bar. YOu should probably take your own advice.
    Blah, blah, blah. Deleterious bunkum.

    Moving right along ...
    Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them; then neither persons nor property will be safe. (Frederick Douglass)

  9. #179
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    France
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    5,365

    Re: Progressive taxation

    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    Your concession is noted you have failed to support your argument once again.
    happens all the time with you.

    Remember, this is a Debate Forum, not a fist-fight in a bar. YOu should probably take your own advice.
    More deleterious bunkum.

    Spurious sarcasm is your strong-point ....
    Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them; then neither persons nor property will be safe. (Frederick Douglass)

  10. #180
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    France
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    5,365

    Re: Progressive taxation

    Quote Originally Posted by Aristaeus View Post
    Bull. Wages have stagnated in real terms for at least 30 years. Do you know what 'in real terms' means?
    Your wasting your time responding to a Wall Of Statistical Ignorance ...
    Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them; then neither persons nor property will be safe. (Frederick Douglass)

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •