Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 43

Thread: Discussion (Can these 20 people be removed from the list?)

  1. #21
    Sage
    AlbqOwl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    New Mexico
    Last Seen
    05-21-20 @ 03:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    22,769
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Discussion (Can these 20 people be removed from the list?)

    Please remove me.
    --Nobody deserves to be automatically judged guilty just because somebody accuses them. The accusation itself could be the crime.
    --"I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it." --Benjamin Franklin 1776

  2. #22
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    02-27-20 @ 09:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    67,161

    Re: Discussion (Can these 20 people be removed from the list?)

    Quote Originally Posted by AlbqOwl View Post
    Please remove me.
    Like the others who have requested, I have removed you from my Notification List but you will remain a member of the convention. You can participate as much or as little as you please, or not at all. If you change your mind, you are free to join in at a later date.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    I don't have any issue with any investigation.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  3. #23
    Pontificator
    iliveonramen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    On a Gravy Train with Biscuit Wheels
    Last Seen
    04-03-20 @ 02:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    10,219

    Re: Discussion (Can these 20 people be removed from the list?)

    Quote Originally Posted by vasuderatorrent View Post
    Out of these 20 people, 5 of them have specifically asked to be removed from our membership. The other 15 have not voted in any of the votes that we have held. Should we assume that they have no interest? Should we assume they were away and unavailable? Should we leave them on the roll in case they want to vote later on in the future?

    I have no authority to remove any of these people from the list. I think it is important to define who we are. Currently, we are 83 members who have voted, 'yes' in a thread started by PirateMk1. That includes all 20 of these people.

    My thinking is that if these people aren't interested enough to vote and/or aren't available to vote then they will be unable to help out in other ways. They have the potential to dilute the vote of those who are putting in the effort to participate.




    Beaudreaux, (asked to be removed)
    Cardinal, (asked to be removed)
    Kobie, (asked to be removed)
    Northern Light, (asked to be removed)
    tres borrachos, (asked to be removed)
    AGENT J, (never voted)
    Amandi, (never voted)
    BrewerBob, (never voted)
    Chantal, (never voted)
    chromium, (never voted)
    Citizen.Seven, (never voted)
    Geoist, (never voted)
    hallam, (never voted)
    Hamster Buddha, (never voted)
    imagep, (never voted)
    Korimyr the Rat, (never voted)
    Navy Pride, (never voted)
    Poiuy, (never voted)
    Psychoclown, (never voted)
    RedAkston, (never voted)
    I'm busy right now and unable to participate. It's a great idea and seems like a lot o fun but I should probably be removed from the list.
    “People of the same trade seldom meet together, even for merriment and diversion, but the conversation ends in a conspiracy against the public, or in some contrivance to raise prices.”
    *Adam Smith*

  4. #24
    Sage
    Lovebug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    south
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,202

    Re: Discussion (Can these 20 people be removed from the list?)

    Is this the right thread to bring this up?
    It seems that the initial enthusiasm has waned, and some members have asked to be removed.
    When I read this
    http://www.debatepolitics.com/dp-con...post1064070719 (A Message from the President)
    I began to wonder how many others feel the same.
    While the idea of a constitutional convention is still intriguing, it seems that some have resorted to partisan bickering and with that, have taken the fun out of this exercise of compromise.
    So I am really not sure if it is people like Jango and I who should excuse themselves from this convention, of it we should remove those who can't seem to put their own ego aside for the time being.
    This should be discussed if we want to go any further.
    Thank you for your time

  5. #25
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    07-04-15 @ 03:17 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,032

    Re: Discussion (Can these 20 people be removed from the list?)

    Quote Originally Posted by Lovebug View Post
    Is this the right thread to bring this up?
    It seems that the initial enthusiasm has waned, and some members have asked to be removed.
    When I read this
    http://www.debatepolitics.com/dp-con...post1064070719 (A Message from the President)
    I began to wonder how many others feel the same.
    While the idea of a constitutional convention is still intriguing, it seems that some have resorted to partisan bickering and with that, have taken the fun out of this exercise of compromise.
    So I am really not sure if it is people like Jango and I who should excuse themselves from this convention, of it we should remove those who can't seem to put their own ego aside for the time being.
    This should be discussed if we want to go any further.
    Thank you for your time

    I would encourage you and Jango to post on those threads; I'd love to see more input (even if it contradicts mine) on those threads. And if you can come up with good compromises, that would be interesting to read!

    I may even be one of those people that you think can't put my ego aside; if so, I apologize, I certainly have tried to be calm and reasonable and to listen to others, but I'm sure I've failed multiple times. But the more people we have there, the less it becomes "A vs. B" and the more it becomes a spirited conversation.

  6. #26
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    02-27-20 @ 09:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    67,161

    Re: Discussion (Can these 20 people be removed from the list?)

    Quote Originally Posted by Lovebug View Post
    Is this the right thread to bring this up?
    It seems that the initial enthusiasm has waned, and some members have asked to be removed.
    When I read this
    http://www.debatepolitics.com/dp-con...post1064070719 (A Message from the President)
    I began to wonder how many others feel the same.
    While the idea of a constitutional convention is still intriguing, it seems that some have resorted to partisan bickering and with that, have taken the fun out of this exercise of compromise.
    So I am really not sure if it is people like Jango and I who should excuse themselves from this convention, of it we should remove those who can't seem to put their own ego aside for the time being.
    This should be discussed if we want to go any further.
    Thank you for your time
    Yes, there are a number of people who initially expressed interest but have not participated much since we began. IMO, that should be expected.

    And yeah, there's been a lot of posts that put forward a particular point of view fomr both the right and the left. But that is not only expected, but encouraged. IMO, this would not be much of an exercise if it were nothing more than a bunch of people who already agreed with each other "debating" the issues. Besides, having people post their ideologically based ideas is what happens in nearly *every* thread on DP.

    But as far as "bickering" goes, I think there has been far less of that than there normally is in other forums. For one thing, like the rest of DP, personal attacks are against the rules. However, in the rest of DP, that rule is only enforced when someone reports a post. In this forum, I along with some others, are reading all of the posts, and if it gets out of hand, I issue a warning which so far has been sufficient to bring the discussion back to a productive tone in most cases. In the one or two cases where the warning was not sufficient, the mods are notified and they make sure posters don't get out of line.

    I believe that the overwhelming majority want this to work, and will moderate themselves in order to make this work. As far as the few who can't seem to control themselves, I believe an getting infraction or two in the next week or so will convince them to either moderate themselves or stop posting in the forum. Either way, it will mean less bickering than is normally found in the other forums.

    I hope you stick it out and continue to contribute. I find your posts thought-provoking and look forward to your continued participation
    Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    I don't have any issue with any investigation.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  7. #27
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    (none)
    Last Seen
    04-04-15 @ 08:11 PM
    Lean
    Communist
    Posts
    6,112
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Discussion (Can these 20 people be removed from the list?)

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    the overwhelming majority want this to work, and will moderate themselves in order to make this work.
    If you are a nerd like me then you find this statement funny because it provides two meanings that are both relevant.

  8. #28
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    (none)
    Last Seen
    04-04-15 @ 08:11 PM
    Lean
    Communist
    Posts
    6,112
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Discussion (Can these 20 people be removed from the list?)

    Updated:

    Agent J (asked to be removed)
    AlbqOwl (asked to be removed)
    Beaudreaux, (asked to be removed)
    Brewer Bob (asked to be removed)
    Cardinal, (asked to be removed)
    chromium (asked to be removed)
    Declan (asked to be removed)
    Hamster Buddha (asked to be removed)
    iliveonramen (asked to be removed)
    Kobie, (asked to be removed)
    Korimyr the Rat (asked to be removed)
    Northern Light, (asked to be removed)
    tres borrachos, (asked to be removed)
    Amandi, (never voted)
    Chantal, (never voted)
    Citizen.Seven, (never voted)
    Geoist, (never voted)
    hallam, (never voted)
    imagep, (never voted)
    Navy Pride, (never voted)
    Poiuy, (never voted)
    Psychoclown, (never voted)
    RedAkston, (never voted)

    No member has been removed at this time. I just wish that we could remove them from the list. Anybody want to help me do this?

  9. #29
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    02-27-20 @ 09:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    67,161

    Re: Discussion (Can these 20 people be removed from the list?)

    Quote Originally Posted by vasuderatorrent View Post
    Updated:

    Agent J (asked to be removed)
    AlbqOwl (asked to be removed)
    Beaudreaux, (asked to be removed)
    Brewer Bob (asked to be removed)
    Cardinal, (asked to be removed)
    chromium (asked to be removed)
    Declan (asked to be removed)
    Hamster Buddha (asked to be removed)
    iliveonramen (asked to be removed)
    Kobie, (asked to be removed)
    Korimyr the Rat (asked to be removed)
    Northern Light, (asked to be removed)
    tres borrachos, (asked to be removed)
    Amandi, (never voted)
    Chantal, (never voted)
    Citizen.Seven, (never voted)
    Geoist, (never voted)
    hallam, (never voted)
    imagep, (never voted)
    Navy Pride, (never voted)
    Poiuy, (never voted)
    Psychoclown, (never voted)
    RedAkston, (never voted)

    No member has been removed at this time. I just wish that we could remove them from the list. Anybody want to help me do this?
    I will send some PM's
    Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    I don't have any issue with any investigation.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  10. #30
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    (none)
    Last Seen
    04-04-15 @ 08:11 PM
    Lean
    Communist
    Posts
    6,112
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Discussion (Can these 20 people be removed from the list?)

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    I will send some PM's
    I think the first 10 can be removed without sending PM's.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •