Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 93

Thread: Election Discussion - US State Governors

  1. #81
    Sage
    longview's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    18,154

    Re: Election Discussion - US State Governors

    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse Booth View Post
    That's because Kemp has spent years winnowing the undesirables off of Georgia ballots, and now he has a metric ****ton of provisional ballots on his hands.
    From what I have read, there are only like 3000 provisional ballots that have yet to be counted.
    Even if 100% of the remaining ballots went against Kemp, he would still be above 50%.
    Some simple math says it would take 25,624 additional ballots, all not for Kemp, to push him to 50%.
    This is based on if Kemp's current count of 1,973,105 were at a perfect 50%, then 100 percent would be double
    that number or 3,946,210, that is 25,624 votes above the current tally.

  2. #82
    FAILED INTELLIGENTSIA!
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    44,177

    Re: Election Discussion - US State Governors

    Glum vs Desantis is heading toward a recount.

    https://www.yahoo.com/news/florida-a...183148035.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    I'm a moderate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office.

  3. #83
    Guru
    Mithros's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:45 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,457

    Re: Election Discussion - US State Governors

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Glum vs Desantis is heading toward a recount.

    https://www.yahoo.com/news/florida-a...183148035.html
    I took a look at the county by county numbers. As far as I can tell, there are three counties with significant under-vote issues, Broward, Liberty, and Lafayette. Broward has about 28,000 more than you'd expect, Lafayette has 150, and Liberty has about 50. There are almost certainly more than 25,000 valid but uncounted ballots primarily in a 70%D 30%R county.

    But I'm not sure you can make a valid prediction as to what will happen. There's a good chance of this resulting from a scantron failure. As such there are machine failures in which 100% of the excess undervotes could have been taken from one of the candidates. I took a look at three different hypothesis, (100% of the undervote to R, 100% of the undervote to D, and splitting the undervote 70%D 30%R). Each of these yields a vote margin that's consistent with the rest of the state.

    It's also possible that there are systematic problems with the FL voting systems which were only excessive in a few counties. Pretty much the only thing we can be sure of now is that "Florida Man" is to blame.

  4. #84
    FAILED INTELLIGENTSIA!
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    44,177

    Re: Election Discussion - US State Governors

    Quote Originally Posted by Mithros View Post
    I took a look at the county by county numbers. As far as I can tell, there are three counties with significant under-vote issues, Broward, Liberty, and Lafayette. Broward has about 28,000 more than you'd expect, Lafayette has 150, and Liberty has about 50. There are almost certainly more than 25,000 valid but uncounted ballots primarily in a 70%D 30%R county.

    But I'm not sure you can make a valid prediction as to what will happen. There's a good chance of this resulting from a scantron failure. As such there are machine failures in which 100% of the excess undervotes could have been taken from one of the candidates. I took a look at three different hypothesis, (100% of the undervote to R, 100% of the undervote to D, and splitting the undervote 70%D 30%R). Each of these yields a vote margin that's consistent with the rest of the state.

    It's also possible that there are systematic problems with the FL voting systems which were only excessive in a few counties. Pretty much the only thing we can be sure of now is that "Florida Man" is to blame.
    Also how many people were turned away to only vote on provisional ballots that are usually not counted but have to be hand counted now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    I'm a moderate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office.

  5. #85
    Guru
    Mithros's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:45 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,457

    Re: Election Discussion - US State Governors

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Also how many people were turned away to only vote on provisional ballots that are usually not counted but have to be hand counted now.
    I don't think they know yet.

  6. #86
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    197,659

    Re: Election Discussion - US State Governors

    Broward county again. Like 2000 but at least the GOP is in control of the DOJ now
    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    Yeah; a shotgun IS a rifle; it uses a different load.
    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    I'm smart on the gun issue and what we need to do about it.

  7. #87
    Heading North
    Roadvirus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    9,117

    Re: Election Discussion - US State Governors

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Glum vs Desantis is heading toward a recount.

    https://www.yahoo.com/news/florida-a...183148035.html
    Golem is probably upset his race-baiting **** didn't work, so he'll give "They cheated" a try.

  8. #88
    Heading North
    Roadvirus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    9,117

    Re: Election Discussion - US State Governors

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    Broward county again. Like 2000 but at least the GOP is in control of the DOJ now
    Broward County....worthless County LEOs and worthless vote counters.

  9. #89
    FAILED INTELLIGENTSIA!
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    44,177

    Re: Election Discussion - US State Governors

    Quote Originally Posted by Roadvirus View Post
    Golem is probably upset his race-baiting **** didn't work, so he'll give "They cheated" a try.
    He conceded gracefully so what's your problem? It's not his fault republicans are getting caught cheating again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    I'm a moderate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office.

  10. #90
    Powered by diesel
    EMNofSeattle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Grapeview, Washington
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    9,858

    Re: Election Discussion - US State Governors

    Quote Originally Posted by Chomsky View Post
    Yeah, that was pretty much a given.
    when you try to fix financial problems you make powerful enemies.
    What socialized medicine REALLY means, sometimes the mask slips!
    Quote Originally Posted by Atheist 2020 View Post
    I do not see were a woman has the right to take a child to full term.
    "Be careful of averages, the average person has one breast and one testicle"
    -Dixy Lee Ray

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •