Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 177

Thread: Detroit with a population of 700 thousand has 37% more COVID deaths than Texas with 28.9 million.

  1. #31
    Privileged


    calamity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    119,107

    Re: Detroit with a population of 700 thousand has 37% more COVID deaths than Texas with 28.9 million

    Quote Originally Posted by nota bene View Post
    So where again is your proof?
    Post 21 and 27
    Trump Lied; 100,000 People Died

  2. #32
    Guru TypicalRussian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:37 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    4,325

    Re: Detroit with a population of 700 thousand has 37% more COVID deaths than Texas with 28.9 million

    Quote Originally Posted by GuyOnInternet View Post
    Detroit has reported 272 deaths, whereas Texas has reported 199 deaths. Detroit has 700,000 people, whereas Texas has 28,900,000.

    Detroit has 6,083 confirmed cases of COVID-19, 272 deaths

    Coronavirus United States - Bing
    and? It is a city with bad healthcare

  3. #33
    Sage
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    Northern Nevada
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,730

    Re: Detroit with a population of 700 thousand has 37% more COVID deaths than Texas with 28.9 million


  4. #34
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    55,689

    Re: Detroit with a population of 700 thousand has 37% more COVID deaths than Texas with 28.9 million

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Post 21 and 27
    Thanks, Linc.

    Oh, wait, your name isn't Linc. And I wasn't talking to you.

  5. #35
    Professor Sandy Shanks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Southern California
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,534

    Re: Detroit with a population of 700 thousand has 37% more COVID deaths than Texas with 28.9 million

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Shanks View Post
    Covid-19 is a virulent common cold virus, extremely contagious, and arguably the worst cold virus yet. By all means it should be avoided. Much like any other cold, complications from this virus interacting with other ailments such as lung disease, heart disease, diabetes, hypertension, pneumonia, influenza, etc. can cause death.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Shanks View Post
    The Trump government never gives us a breakdown on the ages of those who have died. Probably because it would damage the message of doom they prefer. After all, Trump is a war President.

    However, there is this from Business Insider, "80% of deaths associated with COVID-19 were among adults aged ≥65 years with the highest percentage of severe outcomes among persons aged ≥85 years." 80% of US coronavirus deaths have been among people 65 and older, a new CDC report says — here's what it reveals about the US cases.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Shanks View Post
    [B][I]Americans ages 65 and older are suffering the highest rates of death and serious illness from the coronavirus, according to a report from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Shanks View Post
    During a recent press conference, Dr. Deborah Birx presented a rather startling graph. It showed that New York state and New Jersey, which is connected to the N.Y. city metro area, are anomalies. The rest of the states, all 48 of them, appear to have Covid-19 under control.

    Dr. Birx also told us that, while the young do get infected, they recover. She said that the mortality rate "increases with age and preexisting medical conditions."
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Shanks View Post
    Take away New York City, Detroit, and New Orleans and the media wouldn't have much to talk about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Shanks View Post
    Age of Coronavirus Deaths

    This is illuminating. Coronavirus Age, Sex, Demographics (COVID-19) - Worldometer

    It shows the death rate of those below the age of 50 is infinitesimal. Which begs a question.

    Are older people afflicted with Covid-19 who are already sick dying of lung disease, pneumonia, diabetes, influenza, heart disease, etc. or are they dying because of Covid-19?
    COVID-19 has spread rapidly through nursing homes across New York, infecting nearly 4,200 elderly residents considered particularly vulnerable to the virus and killing more than 1,200, according to new state Health Department data.

    The staggering figures show a dramatic rise in coronavirus cases and fatalities at state-licensed nursing homes that are home to 100,000 residents.

    There are now 4,170 confirmed COVID-19 positive cases at 312 New York nursing homes — more than half of all such facilities — along with 1,231 resident deaths, the data shows. Nearly 30 percent of all nursing home residents who contract COVID-19 eventually die from the virus, the data shows.

    In total, more than 17% of the 7,067 New Yorkers to succumb to COVID-19 lived at nursing facilities.

    The latest data represents a 606% increase in nursing home cases, and a 1,331% hike in deaths since March 26.

    New NY data shows COVID-19's devastating effect on nursing homes | Newsday

    With all the depressing news we hear from Trump's press conferences and nonstop from the media, including the front page of our daily newspaper, we could use a little cheer.

    Those of us not living in New York, Michigan, or Louisiana and are in good health regardless of age have little to fear. It is just a cold, probably a little worse than the one you had last year.

  6. #36
    Professor Sandy Shanks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Southern California
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,534

    Re: Detroit with a population of 700 thousand has 37% more COVID deaths than Texas with 28.9 million

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Shanks View Post
    The point being, those of us not living in New York, Michigan, or Louisiana and are in good health regardless of age have little to fear. It is just a cold, probably a little worse than the one you had last year.
    Total deaths in three and a half months in the U.S. is 16,548. 7,067 are in New York, 1,700 in New Jersey, 1,076 in Michigan, and 702 in Louisiana for a total of 10,545. That leaves 6,003 for the other 46 states. That is the normal death rate among the old, the sick, the poor, and the homeless for 46 states.

  7. #37
    Sage
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    Northern Nevada
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,730

    Re: Detroit with a population of 700 thousand has 37% more COVID deaths than Texas with 28.9 million

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Shanks View Post
    COVID-19 has spread rapidly through nursing homes across New York, infecting nearly 4,200 elderly residents considered particularly vulnerable to the virus and killing more than 1,200, according to new state Health Department data.

    The staggering figures show a dramatic rise in coronavirus cases and fatalities at state-licensed nursing homes that are home to 100,000 residents.

    There are now 4,170 confirmed COVID-19 positive cases at 312 New York nursing homes — more than half of all such facilities — along with 1,231 resident deaths, the data shows. Nearly 30 percent of all nursing home residents who contract COVID-19 eventually die from the virus, the data shows.

    In total, more than 17% of the 7,067 New Yorkers to succumb to COVID-19 lived at nursing facilities.

    The latest data represents a 606% increase in nursing home cases, and a 1,331% hike in deaths since March 26.

    New NY data shows COVID-19's devastating effect on nursing homes | Newsday

    With all the depressing news we hear from Trump's press conferences and nonstop from the media, including the front page of our daily newspaper, we could use a little cheer.

    Those of us not living in New York, Michigan, or Louisiana and are in good health regardless of age have little to fear. It is just a cold, probably a little worse than the one you had last year.
    Sandy cites himself, and now I'm citing him citing himself.

    If I follow his lead...the limits are endless...


  8. #38
    Sage
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    Northern Nevada
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,730

    Re: Detroit with a population of 700 thousand has 37% more COVID deaths than Texas with 28.9 million

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Shanks View Post
    Total deaths in three and a half months in the U.S. is 16,548. 7,067 are in New York, 1,700 in New Jersey, 1,076 in Michigan, and 702 in Louisiana for a total of 10,545. That leaves 6,003 for the other 46 states. That is the normal death rate among the old, the sick, the poor, and the homeless for 46 states.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Shanks View Post
    COVID-19 has spread rapidly through nursing homes across New York, infecting nearly 4,200 elderly residents considered particularly vulnerable to the virus and killing more than 1,200, according to new state Health Department data.

    The staggering figures show a dramatic rise in coronavirus cases and fatalities at state-licensed nursing homes that are home to 100,000 residents.

    There are now 4,170 confirmed COVID-19 positive cases at 312 New York nursing homes — more than half of all such facilities — along with 1,231 resident deaths, the data shows. Nearly 30 percent of all nursing home residents who contract COVID-19 eventually die from the virus, the data shows.

    In total, more than 17% of the 7,067 New Yorkers to succumb to COVID-19 lived at nursing facilities.

    The latest data represents a 606% increase in nursing home cases, and a 1,331% hike in deaths since March 26.

    New NY data shows COVID-19's devastating effect on nursing homes | Newsday

    With all the depressing news we hear from Trump's press conferences and nonstop from the media, including the front page of our daily newspaper, we could use a little cheer.

    Those of us not living in New York, Michigan, or Louisiana and are in good health regardless of age have little to fear. It is just a cold, probably a little worse than the one you had last year.
    Quote Originally Posted by someone
    Sandy cites himself, and now I'm citing him citing himself.

    If I follow his lead...the limits are endless...

    Sandy cites himself, and now I'm citing him citing himself.

    If I follow his lead...the limits are endless...


  9. #39
    Privileged


    calamity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    119,107

    Re: Detroit with a population of 700 thousand has 37% more COVID deaths than Texas with 28.9 million

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Shanks View Post
    Total deaths in three and a half months in the U.S. is 16,548. 7,067 are in New York, 1,700 in New Jersey, 1,076 in Michigan, and 702 in Louisiana for a total of 10,545. That leaves 6,003 for the other 46 states. That is the normal death rate among the old, the sick, the poor, and the homeless for 46 states.
    Florida will see a spike soon. Texas, it seems, will no longer be able to lie. And, states like Georgia, PA, Illinois and Indiana are just getting started.

    We'll talk in a couple of weeks, and I'll remind you of this.
    Trump Lied; 100,000 People Died

  10. #40
    Sage
    Linc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL—16
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,872

    Re: Detroit with a population of 700 thousand has 37% more COVID deaths than Texas with 28.9 million

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Post 21 and 27
    — she’s not interested in links — either that, or she read both in four minutes; plenty of proof was given in one of the threads on trump’s insane pressers;

    plenty of links have also been given on Republican insider trading that began Jan. 24, which just happens to be the same day these gops were given a secret Intel briefing; and yet they continue to defend this response
    #Dignity Of Work -- #Chemists Have Solutions -- #COVID Century

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •