Page 43 of 49 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast
Results 421 to 430 of 488

Thread: Latest Covid Trend Charts Confirm - No Worse than Really Bad Flu Season

  1. #421
    Sage
    Moonglow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    foothills of destiny
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    6,386

    Re: Latest Covid Trend Charts Confirm - No Worse than Really Bad Flu Season

    Quote Originally Posted by Paradoxical View Post
    But..........business owners use roads that gubment built. So, why not? $15.00 isn't enough. Healthcare with no copays or deductibles. 4 weeks vacation after 3 months or showing up. 15 sick days a year. personal days. Can't be fired unless you kill a co-worker.

    Oh wait, gubment workers already get that? OK. Everyone should. They use the roads, don't they?
    Hey, why don't we pay CEO's over two hundred times the pay of a worker?
    To live is to suffer~Fritz Lang

  2. #422
    Sage Paradoxical's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    10,695

    Re: Latest Covid Trend Charts Confirm - No Worse than Really Bad Flu Season

    Quote Originally Posted by Moonglow View Post
    Hey, why don't we pay CEO's over two hundred times the pay of a worker?
    "No,the CEO should be paid minimum wage like everyone else. Who CARES if he took a company in near bankruptcy to a billion dollar company. We can get Joe highskool dropout to do his job."
    When the debate is lost, the loser resorts to slander.

  3. #423
    Sage
    Moonglow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    foothills of destiny
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    6,386

    Re: Latest Covid Trend Charts Confirm - No Worse than Really Bad Flu Season

    Quote Originally Posted by Paradoxical View Post
    "No,the CEO should be paid minimum wage like everyone else. Who CARES if he took a company in near bankruptcy to a billion dollar company. We can get Joe highskool dropout to do his job."
    Many people can do his hob and yet they don't ever get a chance to do as such because it is a position held by a certain position in society.
    To live is to suffer~Fritz Lang

  4. #424
    Sage Paradoxical's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    10,695

    Re: Latest Covid Trend Charts Confirm - No Worse than Really Bad Flu Season

    Quote Originally Posted by Moonglow View Post
    Many people can do his hob and yet they don't ever get a chance to do as such because it is a position held by a certain position in society.
    I knowwwwwww. Anyone can create a billion dollar company from one that was near bankruptcy.

    "Hey, you over there stacking boxes! Wanna be CEO?"
    When the debate is lost, the loser resorts to slander.

  5. #425
    Sage
    CaughtInThe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:43 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,488

    Re: Latest Covid Trend Charts Confirm - No Worse than Really Bad Flu Season

    when we did the stay at home thing in years past and got the final tally of flu deaths it really wasn't that big a deal (death obviously isn't). as we do the stay at home thing again this year and get the final tally this new virus will probably only slightly be worse than the common cold.

    i know because Rush said so.

  6. #426
    Sage
    Lord Tammerlain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:58 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,195

    Re: Latest Covid Trend Charts Confirm - No Worse than Really Bad Flu Season

    Quote Originally Posted by Paradoxical View Post
    "No,the CEO should be paid minimum wage like everyone else. Who CARES if he took a company in near bankruptcy to a billion dollar company. We can get Joe highskool dropout to do his job."
    R he takes a billion dOlla company into bankruptcy.

    Heck I am sure I could have lost less money than the CEO of GM in 2007/2008. I would have done it for less
    I Survived the Great Mask war of 2020, the greatest affront to Civil Rights in the US. States were liberated from the most severe government oppression ever to occur in the US.

  7. #427
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Over the edge...
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,379

    Re: Latest Covid Trend Charts Confirm - No Worse than Really Bad Flu Season

    Quote Originally Posted by Paradoxical View Post
    Who CARES if he took a company in near bankruptcy to a billion dollar company.
    You know, you do have a point there. The problem is with the countless assholes who ruin companies are fired and are given many millions to get the **** out.
    Quote Originally Posted by EMNofSeattle View Post
    It does not in fact bother me that poor people exist. They are supposed to, poverty is the default state of human existence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mashmont View Post
    Remember Mashmont's predictions, people. Only 10,400 deaths, max. Only 130,000 COVID cases, max. This wouldn't make a garden variety flu season. Can you say hoax?

  8. #428
    Social Democrat
    Chomsky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Third Coast
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    44,365

    Re: Latest Covid Trend Charts Confirm - No Worse than Really Bad Flu Season

    Quote Originally Posted by cabse5 View Post
    But the US was prepared. Trump sealed the border from China very early on and statistics from coronavirus casualties were streaming in from Europe and Australia, for examples (too bad not from China), before the US was hit with great numbers of pandemic casualties. The US didn't have to follow the lead of other countries to combat the pandemic because the US treated the pandemic differently than other countries.

    Do I blame Trump for this? Trump turned to the 'experts' that would mitigate this pandemic...Too bad they weren't experts. Now, Trump needs to do some firing, IMO, and bring on board those who will actually defeat the pandemic and not cause such social upheaval. Not cause such economic upheaval. And, most importantly, put people on board who will actually protect those most at risk from the pandemic.
    From my way of thinking I'd replace their boss - who I see as worse than a disaster.
    "When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

    The 10 Commandments of Logic - (Courtesy of Abbazorkzog Blog)

  9. #429
    Sage
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    11,722

    Re: Latest Covid Trend Charts Confirm - No Worse than Really Bad Flu Season

    Quote Originally Posted by Chomsky View Post
    Social distancing was implemented as a last resort nuclear option. It is a terrible choice. Actually, it is not a choice; it is a forced outcome.

    It was done because we were unprepared in the beginning, when we should have been using a sniper's approach to test, quarantine, contact trace, test, quarantine, contact trace, until we controlled or mitigated it. The primary reason for failure was we had no tests. So we flew blind, and the virus grew & metastasized until our ineptitude forced us to do the nuclear option to save ourselves.

    A lesson to be learned, at such a terribly high cost.
    the virus hype fizzled faster than a fizzy. It's hard to criticize the quarterback when the quarterback's team won the game by 50 points.

  10. #430
    Sage

    Peter King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Netherlands
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    23,163

    Re: Latest Covid Trend Charts Confirm - No Worse than Really Bad Flu Season

    Quote Originally Posted by Mashmont View Post
    Did any of them have underlying conditions?
    Healthy people also die from covid 19.
    Easy rule to hold yourself to, avoid crowds. Use masks when in public transport or when you cannot keep distance, help society by protecting yourself

Page 43 of 49 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •