Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 160

Thread: Fauci: no evidence anti-malaria drug pushed by Trump works against virus

  1. #41
    Sage
    Lutherf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    34,497

    Re: Fauci: no evidence anti-malaria drug pushed by Trump works against virus

    Quote Originally Posted by Felis Leo View Post
    Dr. Fauci said no such thing. From the article:



    It is not "no evidence". It is anecdotal evidence by people who have taken it and started feeling better afterwards. But because clinical trials have not been performed, he cannot say definitively whether or not it is an effective treatment. But that is not the same thing as "no evidence."
    Exactly.

    Fauci is coming from the extreme side of clinical science where one makes no determination until a tested and verifiable determination can be made.

    Trump is coming from the standpoint of, "Other people are trying it and we aren't seeing patients explode on the street so why not give it a shot"

    Medical experts around the world have been providing their own opinions which cover the full spectrum from Fauci to Trump.

    The idea that a medical option should be discounted merely because Trump supports it is asinine and, frankly, every bit as dangerous as gloming on to it merely because Trump says he likes the concept. This virus IS NOT about Donald Trump and people that view it through a Trump filter, either positive or negative, are ****ing idiots.
    Last edited by Lutherf; 04-06-20 at 02:42 PM.

  2. #42
    Sage
    Mach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    04-29-20 @ 09:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    20,388

    Re: Fauci: no evidence anti-malaria drug pushed by Trump works against virus

    Quote Originally Posted by Felis Leo View Post
    Dr. Fauci said no such thing. From the article:

    It is not "no evidence". It is anecdotal evidence by people who have taken it and started feeling better afterwards. But because clinical trials have not been performed, he cannot say definitively whether or not it is an effective treatment. But that is not the same thing as "no evidence."
    There is no significant evident of efficacy to treat CV19. Who do you think didn't mean that, when they typed no evidence?
    Of course it's an interesting candidate for testing, it's an anti-malarial and various countries have reported anecdotal claims about how it helps.

    But there is no clinically significant..or scientifically significant evidence that it is efficacious when treating CV19.

    You're splitting hairs on this, on the wrong side.

    Many drugs are being tested, and we hope any/all of them are wildly effective. That Trump chose to promote one, magnified by right wing media, has caused disruptions in physician treatment protocols, has apparently resulted in at least one death, and at best has confused the public, put a run on people who really need the drug for effective treatment of lupus, etc.

    It's public malpractice at a scale the nation has never seen in modern times. why defend it in any way. EVEN IF IT DOES work later, that will never change that it was wrong to do what he did, how he did it.

  3. #43
    Classical Liberal
    trixare4kids's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    S. California
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,250

    Re: Fauci: no evidence anti-malaria drug pushed by Trump works against virus

    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    Exactly.

    Fauci is coming from the extreme side of clinical science where one makes no determination until a tested and verifiable determination can be made.

    Trump is coming from the standpoint of, "Other people are trying it and we aren't seeing patients explode on the street so why not give it a shot"

    Medical experts around the world have been providing their own opinions which cover the full spectrumfrom Fauci to Trump.

    The idea that a medical option should be discounted merely because Trump supports it is asinine and, frankly, every bit as dangerous as gloming on to it merely because Trump says he likes the concept. This virus IS NOT about Donald Trump and people that view it through a Trump filter, either positive or negative, are ****ing idiots.
    Well ya know... It IS an election year.
    And Trump's enemies must do what central command, their comrades from the DNC demands that they do.

    Propagandize, twist and hyperbolize every syllable that the president speaks...
    "My name’s Joe Biden. I’m a Democratic candidate for the United States Senate” ~ February 25, 2020 ~
    “We hold these truths to be self-evident,” said the former vice president. “All men and women created by the you know, you know the thing.”

  4. #44
    Moral clarity is needed
    Felis Leo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    5,292

    Re: Fauci: no evidence anti-malaria drug pushed by Trump works against virus

    Quote Originally Posted by Mach View Post
    There is no significant evident of efficacy to treat CV19. Who do you think didn't mean that, when they typed no evidence?
    Of course it's an interesting candidate for testing, it's an anti-malarial and various countries have reported anecdotal claims about how it helps.

    But there is no clinically significant..or scientifically significant evidence that it is efficacious when treating CV19.

    You're splitting hairs on this, on the wrong side.

    Many drugs are being tested, and we hope any/all of them are wildly effective. That Trump chose to promote one, magnified by right wing media, has caused disruptions in physician treatment protocols, has apparently resulted in at least one death, and at best has confused the public, put a run on people who really need the drug for effective treatment of lupus, etc.

    It's public malpractice at a scale the nation has never seen in modern times. why defend it in any way. EVEN IF IT DOES work later, that will never change that it was wrong to do what he did, how he did it.
    It certainly is irresponsible for him to make sweeping statements about non-clinically tested drugs for a particular virus. But do you think Doctors who are prescribing the hydroxychloroquine and the antibiotic azithromycin combinations for treatment of their patients with COVID-19 should be declared quack doctors and stripped of their licenses to practice medicine because of the lack of clinical trials of these drugs in relation to COVID-19?
    Last edited by Felis Leo; 04-06-20 at 02:52 PM.
    It’s in the small things that the rot starts. Do the wrong thing once, it’s easier to do it again. Do the individualistic thing once, it is easy to do it again.

    Fiat justitia, et pereat mundus

  5. #45
    Sage
    Lutherf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    34,497

    Re: Fauci: no evidence anti-malaria drug pushed by Trump works against virus

    Quote Originally Posted by trixare4kids View Post
    Well ya know... It IS an election year.
    And Trump's enemies must do what central command, their comrades from the DNC demands that they do.

    Propagandize, twist and hyperbolize every syllable that the president speaks...
    And that behavior is EXACTLY why we need to restore power to the states.

  6. #46
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    USA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    10,672

    Re: Fauci: no evidence anti-malaria drug pushed by Trump works against virus

    Quote Originally Posted by Mach View Post
    Which means doctors don't know. You don't know. Trump doesn't know.
    If you don't know, be quiet.


    Absurd. He's likely already caused harm to people as a result of his public championing of taking a drug that has now clinically demonstrated efficacy, and that has other side effects when given with the other drugs used to treat CV19 right now.
    Additionally, tons of people are now harassing their physicians for this and zpacks, and its disrupting the medical treatment protocols.

    That's why not-a-doctor Trump, should let doctors treat patients. They all have access to what treatments are being tried, and that show promise around the world. Leave that decision to the experts.

    But we all know Trump did this for some other purpose...likely as you say, an irresponsible roll of the dice. If he's wrong, he tried. If he's right, he can say he's the savior.

    Shame on you all.
    So, if it doesn't work he gets blame for (supposed) deaths, but if it does work he gets no credit for raising awareness by repeating the media stories that it might work. OK. Seems entirely reasonable.

  7. #47
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    USA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    10,672

    Re: Fauci: no evidence anti-malaria drug pushed by Trump works against virus

    Quote Originally Posted by Sizzle View Post
    Trump minions always want to have it both ways.
    If it fails to work it will be "well he tried". If it works, it will be, "see, I saved thousands of lives".

    Just let the medical professionals do their job and stop angling for Trump kudos.
    That's what many medical pros are doing... By prescribing it to (potentially) save lives. Yet, democrat governors are getting in the way of the doctors job by threatening the doctors or outright banning the drug they want to prescribe to treat coronavirus.

    Those left wing minions always want it both ways. A medical decision should be between a patient and a doctor.. Until the doctors try to save lives by prescribing drugs for off label purposes that might potentially get in the way of more coronavirus deaths that might make Trump look worse. Yes, I can be as hyperbolic as you.

  8. #48
    Sage
    Mach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    04-29-20 @ 09:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    20,388

    Re: Fauci: no evidence anti-malaria drug pushed by Trump works against virus

    Quote Originally Posted by buck View Post
    So, if it doesn't work he gets blame for (supposed) deaths, but if it does work he gets no credit for raising awareness by repeating the media stories that it might work. OK. Seems entirely reasonable.
    Why would Trump get credit for promoting it when it was already being used around the world and clinical trials around the world were popping up for it, etc?
    Credit for it? The medical community gets credit...the patients who volunteered to be part of the study...the original developers, the countries around the world that are also testing it.

    The idea that Trump "gets credit" is too stupid for words.

  9. #49
    Sage
    Fletch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Mentor Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    32,714

    Re: Fauci: no evidence anti-malaria drug pushed by Trump works against virus

    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    Exactly.

    Fauci is coming from the extreme side of clinical science where one makes no determination until a tested and verifiable determination can be made.

    Trump is coming from the standpoint of, "Other people are trying it and we aren't seeing patients explode on the street so why not give it a shot"

    Medical experts around the world have been providing their own opinions which cover the full spectrum from Fauci to Trump.

    The idea that a medical option should be discounted merely because Trump supports it is asinine and, frankly, every bit as dangerous as gloming on to it merely because Trump says he likes the concept. This virus IS NOT about Donald Trump and people that view it through a Trump filter, either positive or negative, are ****ing idiots.
    The left is now invested in this drug not working because they cant allow Trump to be right about something. Theyre deranged.
    Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add within the limits of the law, because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.--Thomas Jefferson

  10. #50
    Sage
    Lovebug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    south
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,118

    Re: Fauci: no evidence anti-malaria drug pushed by Trump works against virus

    Quote Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
    The left is now invested in this drug not working because they cant allow Trump to be right about something. Theyre deranged.
    It is more about thorough studies being done.
    Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none. – William Shakespeare

    https://barkpost.com/wp-content/uplo.../has-a-sad.jpg



Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •