Page 57 of 106 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast
Results 561 to 570 of 1060

Thread: Was Trump right to back the firing of Capt. Crozier

  1. #561
    ★★Light✣Bearer★★
    grip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    ☚ ☛
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    21,647
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Was Trump right to back the firing of Capt. Crozier

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    There was no need to go public and many avenues otherwise. He chose fame.
    Possibly, we'd have to know his mindset. Maybe, he picked what was most expedient and impactful. I doubt he could've ran it up the chain of command very successfully.
    "Don't be trapped by dogma - which is living the results of other people's thinking."

  2. #562
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:35 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    58,940

    Re: Was Trump right to back the firing of Capt. Crozier

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    There was no need to go public and many avenues otherwise. He chose fame.
    How did he choose fame???


    HE DID NOT SEND HIS EMAIL TO THE MEDIA

  3. #563
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:35 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    58,940

    Re: Was Trump right to back the firing of Capt. Crozier

    Why did you put people in gas chambers?

    I WAS FOLLOWING ORDERS

  4. #564
    Horrible Bastard Hamish Howl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Tucson
    Last Seen
    05-21-20 @ 11:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,347

    Re: Was Trump right to back the firing of Capt. Crozier

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    There was no need to go public and many avenues otherwise. He chose fame.
    Fame?
    Watching the live action version of Jerry Pournelle's "Crazy Eddie" concept.

  5. #565
    global liberation


    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    112,252

    Re: Was Trump right to back the firing of Capt. Crozier

    Quote Originally Posted by grip View Post
    Possibly, we'd have to know his mindset. Maybe, he picked what was most expedient and impactful. I doubt he could've ran it up the chain of command very successfully.
    He could have made noise internally and even resigned his post. He could have taken any number of avenues other than going to the press. Cheering him presumes our military is so dysfunctional that it requires wildly inappropriate behavior in order to correct issues. It's insulting to the military.

    Instead of raising the temperature internally, threatening to resign and even resigning, he chose fame. Choosing fame is bs not because the issue was unworthy. It's bs because he had honorable avenues. Stop pretending those honorable avenues don't exist.

  6. #566
    Horrible Bastard Hamish Howl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Tucson
    Last Seen
    05-21-20 @ 11:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,347

    Re: Was Trump right to back the firing of Capt. Crozier

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    He could have made noise internally and even resigned his post. He could have taken any number of avenues other than going to the press. Cheering him presumes our military is so dysfunctional that it requires wildly inappropriate behavior in order to correct issues. It's insulting to the military.

    Instead of raising the temperature internally, threatening to resign and even resigning, he chose fame. Choosing fame is bs not because the issue was unworthy. It's bs because he had honorable avenues. Stop pretending those honorable avenues don't exist.
    You just got promoted to Modly.
    Watching the live action version of Jerry Pournelle's "Crazy Eddie" concept.

  7. #567
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:35 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    58,940

    Re: Was Trump right to back the firing of Capt. Crozier

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    He could have made noise internally and even resigned his post. He could have taken any number of avenues other than going to the press. Cheering him presumes our military is so dysfunctional that it requires wildly inappropriate behavior in order to correct issues. It's insulting to the military.

    Instead of raising the temperature internally, threatening to resign and even resigning, he chose fame. Choosing fame is bs not because the issue was unworthy. It's bs because he had honorable avenues. Stop pretending those honorable avenues don't exist.
    You want him to abandon his crew.



    That is cowardly

  8. #568
    global liberation


    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    112,252

    Re: Was Trump right to back the firing of Capt. Crozier

    Quote Originally Posted by Hamish Howl View Post
    You just got promoted to Modly.
    I didn't call him stupid. He could have protested up his chain and resigned. That would have been equally as effective. Instead, he chose fifteen minutes. I'm not gonna honor or defend him for choosing fifteen minutes over available and honorable channels.

  9. #569
    global liberation


    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    112,252

    Re: Was Trump right to back the firing of Capt. Crozier

    Quote Originally Posted by vegas giants View Post
    You want him to abandon his crew.



    That is cowardly
    I want him to observe protocol for numerous reasons. He could have done that and achieved the same results. He should have resigned before going to the press.

    No one suggested he do nothing. That is a stupid strawman.

  10. #570
    ★★Light✣Bearer★★
    grip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    ☚ ☛
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    21,647
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Was Trump right to back the firing of Capt. Crozier

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    He could have made noise internally and even resigned his post. He could have taken any number of avenues other than going to the press. Cheering him presumes our military is so dysfunctional that it requires wildly inappropriate behavior in order to correct issues. It's insulting to the military.

    Instead of raising the temperature internally, threatening to resign and even resigning, he chose fame. Choosing fame is bs not because the issue was unworthy. It's bs because he had honorable avenues. Stop pretending those honorable avenues don't exist.
    C'mon, internal noise in the military? That dog won't hunt. I think he believed there were no other actions that could get a quick enough response. I'm sure Trump's message to the Joint Chiefs is to keep the lid on any internal concerns or griefs. I believe it's the President that's dysfunctional, which bleeds into the Military Command structure. Honorable avenues exist but not honorable Commander In Chefs.
    "Don't be trapped by dogma - which is living the results of other people's thinking."

Page 57 of 106 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •