Page 1 of 48 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 475

Thread: UPDATE: Curve Continues To Flatten - Just As Mashmont Predicted.

  1. #1
    Sage
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    11,711

    UPDATE: Curve Continues To Flatten - Just As Mashmont Predicted.

    Guys, recall a couple of days ago, the president ignited the stock market by proclaiming America would be open for business Easter week. Looks like the great man's optimism worked. DJIA has risen 3000 points in three days!! Now the libs have to give him credit for this giant boost since they did the same for 0bummer in 2009 when the market went up after he tanked it.

    The president's optimism is borne out by the current trend which, for eight days running, saw the 3-day rolling average increse DROP yet again. Mashmont is still sticking with the view the curve will be going downhill Easter week as the president proclaims. Recall, I was the only scientist saying this a few days ago. Now others have joined in. The differs sharply from the leftwing 'scientists' saying this current cycle could go through mid-to-late summer (absurd!)

    I am now getting my past numbers from infection2020.com. Here are the numbers, and here are the predictions for the next three days in red: Let's see how we do.

    Mar 16-19 4727 14332 312% increase
    Mar 17-20 6507 19762 304% increase
    Mar 18-21 9421 26881 285% increase
    Mar 19-22 14332 35226 245% increase
    Mar 20-23 19762 46455 218% increase
    Mar 21-24 26881 55225 205% increase
    Mar 22-25 35226 69222 196% increase
    Mar 23-26 46455 86043 185% increase
    Mar 24-27 55225 96643 175% increase
    Mar 25-28 69222 114909 166% increase
    Mar 26-29 86043 134227 156% increase

  2. #2
    Temp Suspended
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    American Refugee in Europe
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,467

    Re: UPDATE: Curve Continues To Flatten - Just As Mashmont Predicted.

    So for argument's sake, let's say these numbers are real. Trump spent months pretending this was no big deal and refused to take the measures necessary to prevent the spread early like SK. He then suggested a quarantine, like every other country on earth had already done at that point, and now as the scientists predicted it was completely justified to do so and the infection rate is decreasing. Now, while infections are still increasing by 185%, Trump wants to preemptively stop the quarantine way too early.

    I find it totally bizarre that Trump and his supporters had to be dragged kicking and screaming into a quarantine where they called it totally unnecessary and not worth the gain, and now they turn around and pretend it was their idea and Trump deserves the credit.

    You're a wildly dishonest person and once again, your celebrations are catastrophically premature.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mashmont View Post
    Recall, I was the only scientist saying this a few days ago. Now others have joined in.
    Ffs, don't call yourself a scientist and don't pretend this was your idea that the real scientists are now "catching onto".
    Last edited by RabidAlpaca; 03-27-20 at 07:44 AM.

  3. #3
    Sage
    Crovax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    South Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    12,468

    Re: UPDATE: Curve Continues To Flatten - Just As Mashmont Predicted.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mashmont View Post
    Guys, recall a couple of days ago, the president ignited the stock market by proclaiming America would be open for business Easter week. Looks like the great man's optimism worked. DJIA has risen 3000 points in three days!! Now the libs have to give him credit for this giant boost since they did the same for 0bummer in 2009 when the market went up after he tanked it.

    The president's optimism is borne out by the current trend which, for eight days running, saw the 3-day rolling average increse DROP yet again. Mashmont is still sticking with the view the curve will be going downhill Easter week as the president proclaims. Recall, I was the only scientist saying this a few days ago. Now others have joined in. The differs sharply from the leftwing 'scientists' saying this current cycle could go through mid-to-late summer (absurd!)

    I am now getting my past numbers from infection2020.com. Here are the numbers, and here are the predictions for the next three days in red: Let's see how we do.

    Mar 16-19 4727 14332 312% increase
    Mar 17-20 6507 19762 304% increase
    Mar 18-21 9421 26881 285% increase
    Mar 19-22 14332 35226 245% increase
    Mar 20-23 19762 46455 218% increase
    Mar 21-24 26881 55225 205% increase
    Mar 22-25 35226 69222 196% increase
    Mar 23-26 46455 86043 185% increase
    Mar 24-27 55225 96643 175% increase
    Mar 25-28 69222 114909 166% increase
    Mar 26-29 86043 134227 156% increase
    Having 80% of the US infected by easter weekend is not a good thing

  4. #4
    Sage
    JackA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,498

    Re: UPDATE: Curve Continues To Flatten - Just As Mashmont Predicted.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mashmont View Post
    Guys, recall a couple of days ago, the president ignited the stock market by proclaiming America would be open for business Easter week. Looks like the great man's optimism worked. DJIA has risen 3000 points in three days!! Now the libs have to give him credit for this giant boost since they did the same for 0bummer in 2009 when the market went up after he tanked it.

    The president's optimism is borne out by the current trend which, for eight days running, saw the 3-day rolling average increse DROP yet again. Mashmont is still sticking with the view the curve will be going downhill Easter week as the president proclaims. Recall, I was the only scientist saying this a few days ago. Now others have joined in. The differs sharply from the leftwing 'scientists' saying this current cycle could go through mid-to-late summer (absurd!)

    I am now getting my past numbers from infection2020.com. Here are the numbers, and here are the predictions for the next three days in red: Let's see how we do.

    Mar 16-19 4727 14332 312% increase
    Mar 17-20 6507 19762 304% increase
    Mar 18-21 9421 26881 285% increase
    Mar 19-22 14332 35226 245% increase
    Mar 20-23 19762 46455 218% increase
    Mar 21-24 26881 55225 205% increase
    Mar 22-25 35226 69222 196% increase
    Mar 23-26 46455 86043 185% increase
    Mar 24-27 55225 96643 175% increase
    Mar 25-28 69222 114909 166% increase
    Mar 26-29 86043 134227 156% increase
    You're a self described "scientist" who doesn't learn. The idea of flattening an epidemic's curve by the percentage decline in infections is simply stupid. This is explained in your mirror thread but the explanation of course didn't sink in. One look at your numbers, going from 4,727 to 96,643 in less than two weeks, is not quite the good news you think it is.
    Last edited by JackA; 03-27-20 at 07:53 AM.
    "Ya gets no bread with one meatball."

  5. #5
    Sage
    Mycroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,163

    Re: UPDATE: Curve Continues To Flatten - Just As Mashmont Predicted.

    Quote Originally Posted by Crovax View Post
    Having 80% of the US infected by easter weekend is not a good thing
    What makes you think we'll go from 86,043 infected to 260,000,000 in two weeks?
    "Be your own journalist." - Greg Gutfeld
    When I "dismiss" you it only means that I have determined that further discussion is useless or counter-productive. Don't take it personally. Go ahead and have your last word...and move on.

  6. #6
    Sage
    zyzygy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Flanders.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    40,199

    Re: UPDATE: Curve Continues To Flatten - Just As Mashmont Predicted.

    US surpasses China for highest number of confirmed Covid-19 cases in the world

    US surpasses China for highest number of confirmed Covid-19 cases in the world | World news | The Guardian
    Originally Posted by Mashmont
    "Because the right isn't hate-filled."

    "the perfect nature of the Catholic Church"-Mashmont

  7. #7
    Sage
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    11,711

    Re: UPDATE: Curve Continues To Flatten - Just As Mashmont Predicted.

    Quote Originally Posted by JackA View Post
    You're a self described "scientist" who doesn't learn. The idea of flattening an epidemic's curve by the percentage decline in infections is simply stupid. This is explained in your mirror thread but the explanation of course didn't sink in. One look at your numbers, going from 4,727 to 96,643 in less than two weeks, is not quite the good news you think it is.
    Remember that when that percent gets to zero, we're on the way down the curve. Thank God for that!

  8. #8
    Sage
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    11,711

    Re: UPDATE: Curve Continues To Flatten - Just As Mashmont Predicted.

    Quote Originally Posted by zyzygy View Post
    US surpasses China for highest number of confirmed Covid-19 cases in the world

    US surpasses China for highest number of confirmed Covid-19 cases in the world | World news | The Guardian
    Yeah, but since when do Communists tell the truth? They never have. And China has lied bigtime three months ago.

  9. #9
    User
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Last Seen
    03-27-20 @ 12:22 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6

    Re: UPDATE: Curve Continues To Flatten - Just As Mashmont Predicted.

    There exist no means, not even method of gathering of menaingful numbers at that point of time.

    The data is quite complex because of:
    - local gathering of numbers under complete different circumstances and capacities
    - incubation time
    - absence of symptoms in a big part of infected
    - absent capacity of health care to gather data
    - much to limited access to tests and testing capacity
    - need to integrate and interpret data to get a meaningful model of reality
    - absence of knowledge of valid data about virus e.g. percentage of deaths in an individual population
    - etc.
    - etc.
    - etc.

    One can say, that a highly contagious virus is spreading US wide and world wide. That it has great impact on health care. That anyone who thought it over and was confronted started practizing social isolation to slow down this surge.

    This is no time to interpret data details. It is the time to take immediate action and the start gathering data. And try to find out what is even going on in this epidemic. Because very, very little is known.

  10. #10
    Sage

    Luther's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Idaho
    Last Seen
    06-04-20 @ 08:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    8,681

    Re: UPDATE: Curve Continues To Flatten - Just As Mashmont Predicted.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mashmont View Post
    Guys, recall a couple of days ago, the president ignited the stock market by proclaiming America would be open for business Easter week. Looks like the great man's optimism worked. DJIA has risen 3000 points in three days!! Now the libs have to give him credit for this giant boost since they did the same for 0bummer in 2009 when the market went up after he tanked it.

    The president's optimism is borne out by the current trend which, for eight days running, saw the 3-day rolling average increse DROP yet again. Mashmont is still sticking with the view the curve will be going downhill Easter week as the president proclaims. Recall, I was the only scientist saying this a few days ago. Now others have joined in. The differs sharply from the leftwing 'scientists' saying this current cycle could go through mid-to-late summer (absurd!)

    I am now getting my past numbers from infection2020.com. Here are the numbers, and here are the predictions for the next three days in red: Let's see how we do.

    Mar 16-19 4727 14332 312% increase
    Mar 17-20 6507 19762 304% increase
    Mar 18-21 9421 26881 285% increase
    Mar 19-22 14332 35226 245% increase
    Mar 20-23 19762 46455 218% increase
    Mar 21-24 26881 55225 205% increase
    Mar 22-25 35226 69222 196% increase
    Mar 23-26 46455 86043 185% increase
    Mar 24-27 55225 96643 175% increase
    Mar 25-28 69222 114909 166% increase
    Mar 26-29 86043 134227 156% increase
    Well, maybe we can put off on us going another 2 trillion in the hole then?
    Firebrand - Agitator

    Unknown Quantity: a person or thing whose nature, value, or significance cannot be determined or is not yet known.

Page 1 of 48 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •