Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 165

Thread: Nancy Caves

  1. #151
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    03-27-20 @ 03:11 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,355

    Re: Nancy Caves

    Quote Originally Posted by MSgt View Post
    And once again, you have no idea what ideologies I hold. I have presented none. You are simply deflecting because you don't know what to do with your frustration. You are clearly wrong and stumbling about to legitimatize the government handout.
    Wrong as usual.
    Your ideology comes through in your arguments whether you want to believe that or not.


    Quote Originally Posted by MSgt View Post
    Certainly, there's a High School student in your neighborhood that you might ask for help:
    You are projecting.


    Quote Originally Posted by MSgt View Post
    The guy who had a job yesterday, but not today, somehow doesn't qualify as different? Unemployment and welfare makes him a drag on society? Because you weren't in need, he should just work harder?
    Wtf did you not understand about the current situation being different? Huh?
    Now is about the nation.

    This is why any discussion with you is pointless. You can't admit to reality and instead want to go off and make arguments that have not a damn thing to do with what was said.


    Quote Originally Posted by MSgt View Post
    Your argument about how a situation is not socialism, simply because they are different today for you, is absolutely retarded.
    You are projecting again.


    Quote Originally Posted by MSgt View Post
    You are just one of the ones who want that assistance today, but whined about socialism yesterday, thus you seek to re-define the word so as to protect yourself from the clear hypocrisy.
    There you go making things up again.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  2. #152
    Stabler Genius
    MSgt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Highlands Ranch, CO
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    22,535

    Re: Nancy Caves

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Wrong as usual.
    Your ideology comes through in your arguments whether you want to believe that or not.
    You are welcome to define them.

    You are clearly the one with the busted ideologies about welfare and socialism, the free-market illusion, and the idea of private business being free from government interference. As has been proven time and again in history, all three are busts. Now, you have declared that "this is different" in regards to the government aid to citizens; and that "this is different" when it comes to government bail-outs to corporations. Both go right back to those busted ideologies that people of convenience cling to in order to define their politics.

    Funny how in other times when these occurred, people also argued that "this is different." Depression? Too big to fail? Virus? None of this changes what the government act is.

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Wtf did you not understand about the current situation being different? Huh?
    Now is about the nation.
    Whereas before there was just Americans? Is that what is different? Simply more people in need somehow changes what is occurring? You aren't making an argument. You are merely changing the rules for when socialism is acceptable, without wanting to declare it socialism, because that has become inconvenient for now.

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    This is why any discussion with you is pointless. You can't admit to reality and instead want to go off and make arguments that have not a damn thing to do with what was said.
    Well, any discussion with me must first be rational and actually be based in reality. You are clearly not and have designed an alternate reality, one where you get to protect yourself from what is clear hypocrisy. Tax-paying Americans in need are tax-paying Americans in need, no matter what the times tell you. If it comes from government, it is socialism.

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    There you go making things up again.
    You are the one scared of the word. Declaring that this is different does not alter definitions. Yet, you think "reality" is where you argue from? Things were different after the Stock Market Crash of 1929, yet conservatives went on for decades complaining about socialism and "the left." Well, here we are. Same ****. Nation in need. Americans in need, as if Americans yesterday weren't in need. But people like you have a personal need to re-define the word in the temporary, don't you? Oh, because things are just different now. Realty also has an established definition.

    * And by the way, when one starts dropping in emoticons and obtusely declaring that the other is wrong without even trying to make an argument of position, the frustration is very clear. Oh, but you did make an argument, huh? What was it? Oh yes, "things are different."
    Last edited by MSgt; 03-25-20 at 06:45 PM.

    MSgt
    Semper Fidelis
    USMC 1992~2012

  3. #153
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    03-27-20 @ 03:11 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,355

    Re: Nancy Caves

    Quote Originally Posted by MSgt View Post
    You are welcome to define them.

    You are clearly the one with the busted ideologies about welfare and socialism, the free-market illusion, and the idea of private business being free from government interference. As has been proven time and again in history, all three are busts. Now, you have declared that "this is different" in regards to the government aid to citizens; and that "this is different" when it comes to government bail-outs to corporations. Both go right back to those busted ideologies that people of convenience cling to in order to define their politics.

    Funny how in other times when these occurred, people also argued that "this is different." Depression? Too big to fail? Virus? None of this changes what the government act is.



    Whereas before there was just Americans? Is that what is different? Simply more people in need somehow changes what is occurring? You aren't making an argument. You are merely changing the rules for when socialism is acceptable, without wanting to declare it socialism, because that has become inconvenient for now.



    Well, any discussion with me must first be rational and actually be based in reality. You are clearly not and have designed an alternate reality, one where you get to protect yourself from what is clear hypocrisy. Tax-paying Americans in need are tax-paying Americans in need, no matter what the times tell you. If it comes from government, it is socialism.



    You are the one scared of the word. Declaring that this is different does not alter definitions. Yet, you think "reality" is where you argue from? Things were different after the Stock Market Crash of 1929, yet conservatives went on for decades complaining about socialism and "the left." Well, here we are. Same ****. Nation in need. Americans in need, as if Americans yesterday weren't in need. But people like you have a personal need to re-define the word in the temporary, don't you? Oh, because things are just different now. Realty also has an established definition.

    * And by the way, when one starts dropping in emoticons and obtusely declaring that the other is wrong without even trying to make an argument of position, the frustration is very clear. Oh, but you did make an argument, huh? What was it? Oh yes, "things are different."
    Your lies, projection, making of things up and inability to see reality, makes any attempt to discuss anything with you pointless.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  4. #154
    Horrible Bastard Hamish Howl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Tucson
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    4,399

    Re: Nancy Caves

    Quote Originally Posted by smallvoice View Post
    Still having trouble with reading? or understanding ?
    Explain why I'm wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Night_Ranger View Post
    And then the democrats\globalists\socialists\anarchists came a long and created COVID 19 because they couldn't remove Trump, so now they have to bring the entire country to it's knees.

  5. #155
    Sage
    Atomic Kid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:56 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,875

    Re: Nancy Caves

    Quote Originally Posted by eohrnberger View Post
    I think you need to inform yourself better.

    All the came across from your screed here is 'I don't like your facts so you are wrong'.

    Continue on.
    No I think my post is dead on. You posted that same block of BS before and I took down it piece by piece by piece. Just like I'm doing to you now. As I recall, I challenged you then to find one Democrat who had denounced the President's travel restrictions on China and you couldn't up with one then and you still can't now. Instead all you have is same old lame irrelevant BS you posted before. Go ahead and prove me wrong. You know you can't.

  6. #156
    Conservatarian Guru
    Bullseye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    San Diego
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,311

    Re: Nancy Caves

    Quote Originally Posted by Atomic Kid View Post
    No I think my post is dead on. You posted that same block of BS before and I took down it piece by piece by piece. Just like I'm doing to you now. As I recall, I challenged you then to find one Democrat who had denounced the President's travel restrictions on China and you couldn't up with one then and you still can't now. Instead all you have is same old lame irrelevant BS you posted before. Go ahead and prove me wrong. You know you can't.
    One Democrat? This good enough?
    Obama: High unemployment and slow growth are the new normal
    Trump: No they're not

  7. #157
    Educator Metric Mouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    962

    Re: Nancy Caves

    Quote Originally Posted by Atomic Kid View Post
    No I think my post is dead on. You posted that same block of BS before and I took down it piece by piece by piece. Just like I'm doing to you now. As I recall, I challenged you then to find one Democrat who had denounced the President's travel restrictions on China and you couldn't up with one then and you still can't now. Instead all you have is same old lame irrelevant BS you posted before. Go ahead and prove me wrong. You know you can't.
    “The United States and other countries around the world have put in place unprecedented travel restrictions in response to the virus,” said Democratic Rep. Eliot L. Engel. “These measures have not proven to improve public health outcomes, rather they tend to cause economic harm and to stoke racist and discriminatory responses to this epidemic.”
    - Factcheck.org

    Besides the diplomatic blowback, he said, the travel ban “probably doesn’t make sense,”
    Rep. Ami Bera, Politico.

    So at least two Democrats criticized the travel ban pretty directly in early February.

    Not that Trump is as much of a victim as he claims, but he wasn't completely lying.

  8. #158
    Sage
    Atomic Kid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:56 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,875

    Re: Nancy Caves

    Quote Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
    You seem to be stuck on the same kind of stupid.The article you posted doesn't mention China or the Coronavirus at all.

  9. #159
    Sage
    Atomic Kid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:56 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,875

    Re: Nancy Caves

    Quote Originally Posted by Metric Mouse View Post
    - Factcheck.org

    Rep. Ami Bera, Politico.

    So at least two Democrats criticized the travel ban pretty directly in early February.

    Not that Trump is as much of a victim as he claims, but he wasn't completely lying.
    Why did you not post an actual URL link to the factcheck.org article you are referencing? I'll tell you why because it says that no major or ranking Democratic leaders or candidates had criticized it save for a couple of obscure representatives.

  10. #160
    Educator Metric Mouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    962

    Re: Nancy Caves

    Quote Originally Posted by Atomic Kid View Post
    Why did you not post an actual URL link to the factcheck.org article you are referencing? I'll tell you why because it says that no major or ranking Democratic leaders or candidates had criticized it save for a couple of obscure representatives.
    So now some Democrats have indeed criticized the travel bans, but it's not important because they're "obscure"? Is the Chairman of the House Foreign Affairs Committee really "obscure"? Are those goalposts heavy?

    I quoted the sources and gave you the references. You dismissed them as expected, but now you know that multiple Democrat representatives have indeed criticized Trumps China travel bans.

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •